Hi All,
Can the gurus in the forum provide me some information on Bengal Sureka group in general & Sunrise Green in particular? Does this fall under HIDCO area and what are the drawbacks of this project?

Regards
Read more
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Green project is in Ghuni, just outside the project area of HIDCO. Its beside the canal which is its main drawback. A canal was supposed to be built, after which the connectivity will improve. Sureka group has better construction quality and this project has a very spacious layout. If you can compromise on the location its a good choice.
    CommentQuote
  • Main problem is the canal. Road is a bit narrow.its under gram panchayet. It's not clean and also the population of slums besides the canal.
    This is a big project and first project in that road . Next ps ixora
    and club town courtyard. There is also a plot for wb abasan department.
    I thought of club town in 2012 at 2600 rate but stopped myself due to
    canal, slum and road concerns. You should visit the place by walking to understand the locality.
    CommentQuote
  • Other than the location being little "away" from the main road, I did not find any problems with this project.. The canal while near the entry gates is far from the 1st building so no problems of the smell from their..
    I am sure there is going to be a bridge built sooner or later and that will increase the price drastically..IIRC, there is a foot bridge already around this project somewhere..

Apartment sizes, layout was quite decent when I visited few years back..
    Also I recall seeing a flyover being constructed on this road albeit at a very slow pace..
    If someone wants AA-1, then its > Rs 5.5k psf, and a 20m canal makes the price go down to 3.5k (approx).. I would have taken the risk but YMMV..
    Also if you take a good located higher floor apartment, the view should be quite good..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AbhiCCU
    Other than the location being little "away" from the main road, I did not find any problems with this project.. The canal while near the entry gates is far from the 1st building so no problems of the smell from their..
    I am sure there is going to be a bridge built sooner or later and that will increase the price drastically..IIRC, there is a foot bridge already around this project somewhere..

Apartment sizes, layout was quite decent when I visited few years back..
    Also I recall seeing a flyover being constructed on this road albeit at a very slow pace..
    If someone wants AA-1, then its > Rs 5.5k psf, and a 20m canal makes the price go down to 3.5k (approx).. I would have taken the risk but YMMV..
    Also if you take a good located higher floor apartment, the view should be quite good..

Well, In my opinion, a bridge over the existing bagjola canal can be a game changer for this project(and the others nearby) , In the current state , it is really not a good location, travel to and fro from this project is not really great , in fact is quite stressful, even dangerous during late evenings, so that bridge is the key... there is almost a little movement that is being carried on by the residents of these projects to demand another bridge Urban Journal: Limit of other uses in homes raised in New Town, this bridge will link these complexes directly to AA1 and all facilities of AAI will then be easily accessible, having said that , there is no indication whatsoever that such a bridge is being planned at the moment, to me it seems highly unlikely any time soon, although I am sure while selling these projects , the developers must have indicated that these projects will be connected through a bridge to AA1, and they might have some reasons for that pitch.Regarding the price in AA1, I have recently invested in the Project Rohra Heights(Not technically in AA1 , but on the other side of the canal) and the going price in my belief is still hovering around 4500 , that too in a multistoreyed complex, in standalones it should be lesser.In Sunrise Greens itself, there has been almost no real price appreciation in the last couple of years and a few of my friends are looking to come out of their investments there but the going prices are not giving them any real returns.In my view therefore , I do not think you should be looking at investing in this project until we hear something about a bridge being planned on Bagjola canal connecting these projects to Action Area 1.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,
    Thanks for the feedback/inputs. Looks like not many people are recommending the Sunrise Green project.

I am aware of the locational negatives of the project (narrow road, next to the canal). I was looking not from investment but for living purpose.

Can somebody suggest some alternatives primarily for living purpose (2-3 years waiting is also ok).

TIA
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chefvikas
    In Sunrise Greens itself, there has been almost no real price appreciation in the last couple of years and a few of my friends are looking to come out of their investments there but the going prices are not giving them any real returns.In my view therefore

Whats the current price in Sunrise greens and the price u know ur friends are looking to sell ?
    CommentQuote
    Whats the current price in Sunrise greens and the price u know ur friends are looking to sell ?

Abhi , In my knowledge , the going rate is around 4000-4200 with very low demand for resale, I do not know at what price my friends are looking to sell but I have been told that they bought at around 3200 levels more than 3 yrs back .The project itself is really top of the line, except the location and any such project on the "right" side of the canal should've been atleast 30 -40 % more in price .

@Banirban , I think even at current price levels , Uniworld city will make a great end use destination in three years from now , the area around is fast developing and if anything comes by way of industry/job creations in Kolkata, this area will be a real residential hub , Should you be only looking at AA1, I think NBCC Vibgyor is available at great price, although I am not a great fan of the project itself, I think it is getting better there and thereabouts. I also think that after a prolonged slump, the real estate valuations are poised for an upward move , specially if the new government is stable and pro active, If you are really serious about buying for end use, you should now....
    CommentQuote
  • The ONLY problem with this project is location. In RE, location (in current as well as future context) is probably the most important factor.
    The layout is good, price is good, builder is good but the location killed the project. At the moment, only practical entry to the project is through the canal road from MAR. The road is simply a disaster in waiting when the 3-4 large projects will be handed over.

I may sound very pessimistic but most of the people in those 4 projects will have cars and there bound to be accident on the canal road. The villagers will react violently to such accident as the disparity of income is very stark. Accident will be the spark needed for the violent outburst.

Personally I will never prefer such a location where the disparity is so high, specially in Bengal where law obedience is at the bottom.

A bridge over the canal may change the equation but the question is when? Kestopur is talking about bridge for decades.

Oh, the other side road is even worse, after many turns, it goes to? guess? ... Kestopur!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gharondabhai

I may sound very pessimistic but most of the people in those 4 projects will have cars and there bound to be accident on the canal road. The villagers will react violently to such accident as the disparity of income is very stark. Accident will be the spark needed for the violent outburst.

Personally I will never prefer such a location where the disparity is so high, specially in Bengal where law obedience is at the bottom.

hmmm..
    IMHO, there are loads of other locations in Kolkata where there are big complex's and slums sharing a common fence.. and also many where a small lane has multiple high rise complexes..
    I feel the location could have been great if there was a bridge.. but without it is ok.. but not bad .. but again that's what I feel..
    CommentQuote
    hmmm..
    IMHO, there are loads of other locations in Kolkata where there are big complex's and slums sharing a common fence.. and also many where a small lane has multiple high rise complexes..
    I feel the location could have been great if there was a bridge.. but without it is ok.. but not bad .. but again that's what I feel..

I too hope for the best. I visited that place twice and the glance was scary. I did not felt that way while visiting Sanjeeva area, both way from Unitech side and another canal road side. Even traveling on the other side of the same canal road, i.e. from Keppel to MAR via canal road was friendly.

Anyway, as long as the buyer is happy, as long as there are enough buyers, who cares? But the problem with this project is, not many buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Kind of agrree with Abhi here, Almost all the big complexes have some or the other kind of underprevileged housing around , the people living in these , in many ways actually "run " these housings providing supply of maids, drivers, car cleaners, security guards etc as well as the small vegetable , fish etc shopkeepers outside and are mostly dependent on the people living in these buildings for their livelihoods, As such, there aren't any mishaps within the two communities. Having said that, in this particular case, my main point is not to buy in this project is purely because of the locational disadvantages and the large number of other options available elsewhere within Rajarhat.I still believe a bridge across the canal in Ghuni is not going to come anytime soon and that is a huge deterrent .
    CommentQuote
  • Sunrise green kolkata:charging heigh for CAM delivering nothing, totally mismanaged project

Sunrise green kolkata, charging maxmium without breakups of cam charges...delieverd a broken swimming pool for the rsident...No body monitoring ...total flop show.
    CommentQuote