Hi Guys,

I have recently joined the forum, but have been following all the posts since quite sometime now. I really like the views from our knowledgeable forum members like Debeshwar, Gharondabhai, Elliotroad, Joydeep etc.

What is your view on this Ivy greens project within the vedic village compound? Do you think it is a good investment opportunity?

Please guide.

Thanks

IVY GREENS, Rajarhat - Vedic Realty Ltd has launched yet another Project in Kolkata called IVY Greens. Vedic Village is located in Rajarhat. (Lauhati, Rajarhat New Town, Kolkata). 2 BHK apartment with amenities like V-Den, Club, Swimming Pool, Spa, Multiplexes, 5 acres Entertainment Zone & lots more.
Read more
100 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Any thoughts here from the forum gurus please?
    CommentQuote
  • I think this whole place is coming up as an Integrated city of sorts, if not upto Uniworld's level, but atleast to some level. The resort itself, and then the Greentech developments bunglows etc and now this 2BHK complex. I see a lot of potential in this brand.

Only thing that bites me is the location and hence will take time to mature. Have a research on the location itself if you satisfied and then take the decision. There are other threads in this forum where Greentech bunglows were discussed a lot; to my recollection, abhiccu has already invested in greentech and he might throw more light into the location and how he sees the future.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by joydeepr1
    I think this whole place is coming up as an Integrated city of sorts, if not upto Uniworld's level, but atleast to some level. The resort itself, and then the Greentech developments bunglows etc and now this 2BHK complex. I see a lot of potential in this brand.

Only thing that bites me is the location and hence will take time to mature. Have a research on the location itself if you satisfied and then take the decision. There are other threads in this forum where Greentech bunglows were discussed a lot; to my recollection, abhiccu has already invested in greentech and he might throw more light into the location and how he sees the future.]/QUOTE]

I & Debeswar were very interested in the duplex project but backed out at the end due to some issues..But another boarder boleboom has a property there..
    Location wise.. 10kms from DLF IT Park 1, takes 20-25mins currently in car.. if anyone is planning to live there in the next 5 years on a permanent basis they need to have adequate personal transport options always as few options near this project currently..
    Once inside the project vicinity, then its a different story all together..and quite good..
    I would think very nice option for a weekend house for the near future and maybe permanent living only nearer to 10 yrs from now.. But this in Bengal and 10 yrs is ages here as we never know what may happen..]/QUOTE]

I & Debeswar were very interested in the duplex project but backed out at the end due to some issues..But another boarder boleboom has a property there..
    Location wise.. 10kms from DLF IT Park 1, takes 20-25mins currently in car.. if anyone is planning to live there in the next 5 years on a permanent basis they need to have adequate personal transport options always as few options near this project currently..
    Once inside the project vicinity, then its a different story all together..and quite good..
    I would think very nice option for a weekend house for the near future and maybe permanent living only nearer to 10 yrs from now.. But this in Bengal and 10 yrs is ages here as we never know what may happen..
    CommentQuote
  • The main issue is the location. Also I felt that the interior roads are pretty narrow, in a project of this size where you need to travel a bit, the road width matters. Another factor is that their future phases will be nearer to the city, making current phases a bit unattractive. The duplex project, otherwise, was good.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks guys, very helpful feedback.
    I have done some more research on the back of this and the key pros for this investment are:

* Vedic realty guys have confirmed that this project would have access to vedic village club membership (v-den) which will include international bowling arcade etc. Smart homes do not have vedic village membership
    * The proposed international golf course would be 10 mins walk from here
    * The project should benefit from the overall larger 116 acres township of Greentech city, IT park and given possessions would be due in a couple of yrs, I would presume at least a substantial chunk of people would start moving in which should help infrastructure development (given the bulk of them would be high e nd golf villa and duplex owners)
    * The asking price of 2850 compares very favorably given the fact that for a similar property in 15-20 mins distance one would be paying around 4000 per sq ft and more

Cons
    * Location as rightly pointed out, but my sense is if people were keen to put money on Hiland near Batanagar which is far worse location compared to rajarhat in terms of commercial and residential development - this may potentially be much better placed.

I may be wrong, but my gut says if there is a lot of investment already made in premium golf villas and duplexes, one probably cant go wrong witha small ticket 2bhk. Also heard that Smart homes 2bhks were completely sold out, hence this was launched on the back of that. May be will do some more thinking and then decide, thx!
    CommentQuote
  • abhishekjhab - quite pragmatic analysis in my sense...good luck with your purchase. Keep us posted how it went...
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Joydeep, will do.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhishekjhab
    Thanks guys, very helpful feedback.
    I have done some more research on the back of this and the key pros for this investment are:

* Vedic realty guys have confirmed that this project would have access to vedic village club membership (v-den) which will include international bowling arcade etc. Smart homes do not have vedic village membership
    * The proposed international golf course would be 10 mins walk from here
    * The project should benefit from the overall larger 116 acres township of Greentech city, IT park and given possessions would be due in a couple of yrs, I would presume at least a substantial chunk of people would start moving in which should help infrastructure development (given the bulk of them would be high e nd golf villa and duplex owners)
    * The asking price of 2850 compares very favorably given the fact that for a similar property in 15-20 mins distance one would be paying around 4000 per sq ft and more

Cons
    * Location as rightly pointed out, but my sense is if people were keen to put money on Hiland near Batanagar which is far worse location compared to rajarhat in terms of commercial and residential development - this may potentially be much better placed.

I may be wrong, but my gut says if there is a lot of investment already made in premium golf villas and duplexes, one probably cant go wrong witha small ticket 2bhk. Also heard that Smart homes 2bhks were completely sold out, hence this was launched on the back of that. May be will do some more thinking and then decide, thx!

The other point is that the developed has delivered on time and the quality is good. So, except the location the other risk factors are minimum.
    CommentQuote
  • abhishekjhab, All good points and very realistic advice by the forumers here. If you live in Kolkata, take a trip and only you can decide if the place suits your requirements.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks, I have finally decided to go for this. Have booked a 2bhk diagonally pool facing unit on the 4th floor. Lets see how it goes, fingers crossed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhishekjhab
    Thanks, I have finally decided to go for this. Have booked a 2bhk diagonally pool facing unit on the 4th floor. Lets see how it goes, fingers crossed.

Congrats.. keep us updated on the progress of the same..
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks.. any buyers of Ivy greens - lets please get in touch via this forum for future association?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • abhra02 years ago
      Hi i had bought a property in there in June 2014. Do you have information of the completion of the project?
  • Vedic Village - IVY Green

I have recently joined this forum. I have booked a 2 bhk apartment in ivy green(vedic village) recently.It is true that presently this project is at a very remote location and the communication is not that much developed. But I have come to know from different sources that communication will be much better in near future.Let me share with you guys what I have observed . Presently cabs are available( I have seen at least 6-8 cabs at around 6 pm in front of vedic village) in front of vedic village from 8 am to 8 pm. Lauhati market is around 1 km from vedic village . Shikhorpur market is around 1/2 km from vedic village. From Jatragachi(near Eco Park) to vedic village distance is around 8.5 km thru DPS Megacity(the road to be followed beside Aluwalia Construction). DPS Megacity is around 4.5 km from vedic village.From Nababpur(near Eco Park) to vedic village distance is around 8.5 km.This road is good. Autos are also available on Basanti Expressway but the frequency is not that much. One bus route is also there(91C I guess). From Rabindra Tirtha(Narkel Bagan, near HIDCO) if you go towards Unitech you will get Basanti Expressway and the distance is around 14 km. As far as the communication is concerned it is not that much bad presently. Of course in near future we can expect a huge development .
    I would be interested to get in touch with them who have invested in IVY GREEN(vedic village).
    CommentQuote
  • Hi amit,
    i am also looking for IVY green. i am talking to the vedic village but lot of confusion. could you send me your email id/phone no so that i can call/email you. you can send me private message.
    CommentQuote
  • i think they have made some block on domain name.
    is your email on ?
    CommentQuote