Hi Guys,

I have recently joined the forum, but have been following all the posts since quite sometime now. I really like the views from our knowledgeable forum members like Debeshwar, Gharondabhai, Elliotroad, Joydeep etc.

What is your view on this Ivy greens project within the vedic village compound? Do you think it is a good investment opportunity?

Please guide.

Thanks

IVY GREENS, Rajarhat - Vedic Realty Ltd has launched yet another Project in Kolkata called IVY Greens. Vedic Village is located in Rajarhat. (Lauhati, Rajarhat New Town, Kolkata). 2 BHK apartment with amenities like V-Den, Club, Swimming Pool, Spa, Multiplexes, 5 acres Entertainment Zone & lots more.
Read more
101 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by amitavag
    I have booked a flat in Ivy Greens - Vedic Village on March-2014. Would like to know the following. If any one has got any information please let me know.

1. Future of this project. Scope of development in the neighboring area within next 2-3
    years.
    2. Progress of this project. Is it as per their commitment !
    3. Whether the job has been started for the connecting road from vadic village to 6 lane.
    4. I have heard that vedic village is going to build a shopping mall and the job has already
    been started. Any one has got any idea about this !

You "Booked" a flat without having these information !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Perhaps you have not gone thru my queries properly. I collected all the necessary informations about the project . Just would like to know the progress of this project . if it as per their commitment ! If you have any proper information you can share .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitavag
    I have booked a flat in Ivy Greens - Vedic Village on March-2014. Would like to know the following. If any one has got any information please let me know.

1. Future of this project. Scope of development in the neighboring area within next 2-3
    years.
    2. Progress of this project. Is it as per their commitment !
    3. Whether the job has been started for the connecting road from vadic village to 6 lane.
    4. I have heard that vedic village is going to build a shopping mall and the job has already
    been started. Any one has got any idea about this !

1. Others would be able to comment on this.
    2. Most developers would spill over by 6 - 12 months. Vedic Realty is a relatively safer / dependable entity
    3. Unsure as I am outside the country
    4. They have kicked off the groundwork for the shopping mall

Join the facebook group "Vedic Ivy Greens Stakeholders". I have uploaded site pictures there
    CommentQuote
  • I was looking at the following interesting thread but somehow the thread was closed. https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/kolkata-real-estate/74781-ivy-green-vs-godrej-prakriti-kolkata?t=75852

Happened to visit Vedic village and was truly amazed at the level of activities going on there. If (may be a very big IF or may be a fair possibility if Didi is out in next election) in any days a proper road connects that area to proper New Town, it can be one of the best place to live in Kolkata. The construction quality is fairly high compared to big builders of Kolkata, open spaces are amazing and the people are fairly professional. Those who never visited Vedic village, I would suggest you to visit once. It was a great eye opener for me.

Now lets share your views on pros and cons of fair projects in far flung areas such as Godrej Prakriti, Eden City and nearby project like Vedic village. Godrej is probably livable today but it will always remain far (pls, forget metro or flyover carrot). Vedic is probably not livable today but tomorrow may be a part of the city. I mentioned probably livable as livability means different things to different people but for fair comparison, lets assume average joe mr mukharjeebabu!!
    CommentQuote
  • Vedic village - look at the Google map, it's too far from NT even if proper road is built. So, good for a second home but not for a regular home. The appreciation will be muted as in the past.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumanb
    Vedic village - look at the Google map, it's too far from NT even if proper road is built. So, good for a second home but not for a regular home. The appreciation will be muted as in the past.

Thanks Suman, let me share my thoughts

Not really too far. It's just 4 km from SP/Keppel/DLF project. Although no road exist today but SP road can be further extended.

The other great potential is Ecospace side. Again 4 km birds eye distance. Currently there is a motorable road but goes through villages and hence longer and not fit for daily commute. If I recall Tata eden court site during launch, it was damn damn remote, much more remote than Keppel that time. Now see, Eden court is well connected and probably that area will be a small hub!!

Finally, it's not about number of kms, it's about commute time, commute options and commute comfort. BT road is a mess all the time of a day. A 2km drive on BT road during evening will drain you whereas you may enjoy driving on MAR or New Town.
    CommentQuote
  • I also visited vedic village., although it's a good location for hangover but if you will move outside the vedic village it's a total village site and I don think it can be developed further becoz the location is full of residential location.........but I accept the vedic village is heaven nicely built good infrastructure ......but even no taxi will go vedic village they will charge extra 500 to reach that place. ..

Sent from my SM-T231 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishukol
    I also visited vedic village., although it's a good location for hangover but if you will move outside the vedic village it's a total village site and I don think it can be developed further becoz the location is full of residential location.........but I accept the vedic village is heaven nicely built good infrastructure ......but even no taxi will go vedic village they will charge extra 500 to reach that place. ..

Sent from my SM-T231 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app

Now that place is a weekends home. Probably after 10 years with proper road connectivity there might be a significant upside.
    CommentQuote
  • Vedic village 10-12 years back was same and used to hold corporate and fun events . Now 10-12 years later nothing much has changed in terms of getting habitable status . So, it's difficult to predict .
    CommentQuote
  • I have received a mail from Vedic Realty for the Ivy Greens project stating that the "architects have identified that the super built up area is going to be revised from 990 sq. feet to 1045 sq. feet. Accordingly, the total consideration for the unit will be from ".

Can others please confirm:
    1. If they have received similar notifications
    2. Is the developer in their rights to make modifications to the plan / layout at this stage?
    3. If I don't agree to the updated plan, what are my options?

I find it quite surprising that they have made modifications to the layout after all the units have been booked (i.e. everyone will have to fund the difference additionally).

Thanks".

2. Is the developer in their rights to make modifications to the plan / layout at this stage?

I find it quite surprising that they have made modifications to the layout after all the units have been booked (i.e. everyone will have to fund the difference additionally).

Thanks".

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • I have received an email saying that some new eco homes are getting launched with prices starting at 10 lakhs. Can anyone please let me know about them? Are they worth to be invested or to take the risk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by yudhajeet
    I have received a mail from Vedic Realty for the Ivy Greens project stating that the "architects have identified that the super built up area is going to be revised from 990 sq. feet to 1045 sq. feet. Accordingly, the total consideration for the unit will be from ".

Thanks

Can someone on this forum shed some light?

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Received a similar notice at my end
    CommentQuote
  • Having a meeting with Vedic guys shortly, this is clearly foul and unfair. I haven't signed the agreement yet- have you already signed one? Is there a provision in agreement for them to increase the sq feet
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,

After going through all your discussion I am thinking of buying a flat in IVYgreen. There seems to be a fb page for discussing this project. However, I could not find it. Can anyone please guide me through it or add me there? Since, I am outside India and planning to buy something without seeing the property I would require some guidance. Please help me to get some good advice and idea from all of you. Your help will be much appreciated.
    CommentQuote