Dear Members,

Anyone has any specific views on Ideal Greens new launch at Tollygunje from investment perspective?

Thanks
Read more
95 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It got launched at 4250/ SqFt as base price with 35/ SqFt increase from second floor and a hefty PLC. At 4K, I think this would have made good value but obviously Ideal valued their brand at 10 - 15% higher than that.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sid basu
    It got launched at 4250/psf as base price with 35/psf increase from second floor and a hefty PLC. At 4k, I think this would have made good value but obviously Ideal valued their brand at 10-15% higher than that.

Hi Guys,
    Wanted an idea on the exact location of this project. The Builders claim its proximity to Tolly club and Royal Calcutta Golf Club (they say its going to overlook these two landmarks)...however Google Map shows that Motilal Gupta road is quite removed from these two landmarks. Any info nugget from any of the experts on the forum on this?

Also, wanted an insight into the kind of returns I can expect from this project from an investment point of view once the possession is given...around 2018?
    CommentQuote
  • I did a site visit today. It is exactly 3 kms from Tolly metro station. It is next to Jal Vayu Vihar. It is spread over 705 cottahs of land. Right now there has been absolutely no work done at the site. The land was owned by India Capacitors Ltd. The company went bust and the land along with the factory was auctioned by the court in 2006. I guess now Ideal has either purchased the land or entered into an agreement with the owners (who bought it in auction probably) to develop the project. Though I have no idea about Tollygunge or its neighborhood I felt the location was rather nice. It is 8 kms from Exide crossing. The location address is 99, Motilal Gupta Road. Diamond City South is 1.5 kms from the site.

Court Order: http://lobis.nic.in/dhc/SKK/judgement/09-02-2009/SKK16012009COA342006.pdf
    CommentQuote
  • Brochure for the project is attached
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot for the info Rajarshi.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi guys, i have booked a 3 BHK in the Ivy Tower. All buyers, please get in touch .. shall we create a separate pvt thread to keep in touch as this progresses?

Regards
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • McLordGanj2 years ago
      The Ivy tower reminds me of Ivy league of terrorism of Pakistan.
  • Hi Guys,
    Have booked a 2BHK in Ivy Tower on purely Investment Purpose.
    Did Visit the Site last Thursday ..... Didn't see much Construction Activity(probably due to the Festive Season);
    But Yes the Place has been Cleaned Up (compared to what I found 2 months Back) & now One can see the
    Lakeside area where the 3 towers are coming Up.
    Also you now have a Marketing (Tent) Office in the Premises.

My Query here is what Appreciation can I expect at the end of 2-3 years ?
    Will the appreciation linger to 10-12% or can one Expect a bit more in the present scenario ?
    Considering this to be such a Premium & Huge Project (comprises of 852 apartments), would I be facing Difficulty in (Re)selling it ???

Would be highly Obliged if Experts on this Forum shed their valuable Opinion.

Thanks & Regards.

Thanks & Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys, I have booked a 3 bed room in Ivory Tower in Ideal Greens. I live in Dubai and was looking for a place for myself for future. I searched Rajarhat as every one advised me that the future is Rajarhat. However, since my relatives our in Alipore / near Tollygunge I took this option. Moreover I thought if I am getting something in the City, why do I need to go so far away. These are my reasons and views. I asked about the size of the cricket field that is shown in the plan and I was told that the field will be appox. 10,000 Sq. feet which is a decent size. The location, the price and the setup looks pretty good so I booked it.

Do keep in touch

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Guys,

I just joined today. Planning to invest in a apartment Ideal Greens. Pls share your thoughts & ideas.
    I was leaning towards the down payment option which offers a straight 1200 psf discount which I felt
    is a very good discount (almost 30%) & not matched by any other projects I saw in recent times.
    The only down side is if the project is indefinitely delayed I will be in a soup. But again going by their current
    payment structure you end up paying almost 90% in arnd 2.5-3 years time from your date of booking
    irrespective of whatever stage your project is. Overall I feel it will be a good investment. Diamond City 1 kms down the
    road is selling for high 7000s /low 8000s. I expect on completion of this project it should at least fetch me 6000 psf.
    What do you guys feel?

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Just realized there is one more Rana here. So to avoid confusion I can be referred to as Rana2. Also if you guys already have formed a whatsapp group let me know. I can join. I am based in EST timezone although currently in Kolkata.

Thanks
    Rana2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by usurajit
    Hello Guys,

I just joined today. Planning to invest in a apartment Ideal Greens. Pls share your thoughts & ideas.
    I was leaning towards the down payment option which offers a straight 1200 psf discount which I felt
    is a very good discount (almost 30%) & not matched by any other projects I saw in recent times.
    The only down side is if the project is indefinitely delayed I will be in a soup. But again going by their current
    payment structure you end up paying almost 90% in arnd 2.5-3 years time from your date of booking
    irrespective of whatever stage your project is. Overall I feel it will be a good investment. Diamond City 1 kms down the
    road is selling for high 7000s /low 8000s. I expect on completion of this project it should at least fetch me 6000 psf.
    What do you guys feel?

Thanks
    Rana

The down payment looks good. However it may not work out in your favour in case the project gets delayed. Anyway wanted to check with people who have already booked whether they have got any discount on the rack rates published by the company specifically in PLC and floor escalation charges? Also what is the quality of construction done by Ideal and their reputation in general?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi guys, have created a group on FB as suggested by you all..lets stay connected there pls. The name of the group is "Ideal Greens Stakeholders"
    By the way, has anyone reeived the allotment letter?
    CommentQuote
  • Ideal Greens Stakeholders on FB

Hi Guys !
    Still to Receive the Hard Copies of Allotment Letter & Money Receipt.
    Received multiple Calls though from Ideal Group stating that they have already dispatched the Same by Courier. Later on my request they sent the Soft Copies on my Mail (Allotment Letter dated 4th Sept. '14).
    Are the stakeholders here all End Users or do we have Investors as Well ?!

Abhishek, I did search the group that you have created on FB,
    "Ideal Greens Stakeholders" but didn't Find Any !
    Plzz do share the Link.

Thanks & Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • It should show up under that pls re-try. Thx
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

Please let me know, if anyone has got discount on BSP or PLC or Floor Escalation on quoted rate.

We need this info to help each other...

Rgds
    CommentQuote