hi all, i am based in delhi so i have not much detailed idea of property scenario about kolkata, but by my finding till now i am interested in property in rajarhat due to its growth and projects. please guide me because this time its not for investment - i am finding a decent home for myself and my elderly parents(just retiring).
my factors are:
1. budget 30L - 40L
2. 2bhk/3bhk
3. reputed society/project
4. location: preferably rajarhat
5. ready to move/just completing in about 6 months

my other queries:
1. is rajarhat is good to live peacefully considering most time my elderly parents will be there.
2. what will should i prefer high rise or 5-6 story type project(as compared to delhi here are lot of low rise projects)
3. any thing you suggest which i am missing?

thanks a lot.
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • please seniors, help me
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Mr. Yogi,
    Check out the following Links in this Forum :

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/kolkata-real-estate/81588-suggestions-properties-in-27l-at-rajarhat-newton-kolkata?t=82509

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/kolkata-real-estate/81322-residential-property-suggestions-narayanpur-kolkata?t=82261

Beside the above Suggestions you Can also look at the Following Projects :

Siddha Galaxia
    SIDDHA Pines
    Siddha Town
    Ivy Greens of Vedic Village
    Loharuka Green Heights
    Shreshta Garden III & IV
    Ideal Enclave II
    Purti Star.

Regarding your Other Queries :
    Most places around CC2 (AA2) & AA1 has a better habitable index.
    Rest of the Areas as AA III, Rajarhat Choumatha are Futuristic as far as Habitability is concerned.
    High Rises obviously has an advantage over Low Rise Project as regards the Community Volume & Overall Amenities.

Since the Projects mentioned above are mostly under Construction (complies with your Requirement) hence the preferable Units would be an issue. My suggestion would be to go for Resale Units ... You may Even Bargain to a Price that is Rs. 200-300
    Cheaper than the Market Rate.
    Also go through similar threads on this Forum ...
    There's a Lot of Wisdom that one can Accumulate especially from our Expert's Views.

ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR SEARCH !!
    CommentQuote
  • Technically I am not very enthused about Rajarhat for staying purpose. Reason being people don't stay there, you have to take a car to get regular grocery, vegetables and fruits. Since you have elderly people they will fill lonely when they stay in complexes where more than half of the flats are empty. If you are married and have kids basic things may haunt you-lack of tutors/ tutorials near your place, etc. So get a flat in a place which have robust social and basic infrastructure in place which will make your and parents life easy. If you have the extra money put it in Rajarhat for future appreciation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by getranakar
    Hi Mr. Yogi,
    Check out the following Links in this Forum :

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/kolkata-real-estate/81588-suggestions-properties-in-27l-at-rajarhat-newton-kolkata?t=82509

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/kolkata-real-estate/81322-residential-property-suggestions-narayanpur-kolkata?t=82261

Beside the above Suggestions you Can also look at the Following Projects :

Siddha Galaxia
    SIDDHA Pines
    Siddha Town
    Ivy Greens of Vedic Village
    Loharuka Green Heights
    Shreshta Garden III & IV
    Ideal Enclave II
    Purti Star.

Regarding your Other Queries :
    Most places around CC2 (AA2) & AA1 has a better habitable index.
    Rest of the Areas as AA III, Rajarhat Choumatha are Futuristic as far as Habitability is concerned.
    High Rises obviously has an advantage over Low Rise Project as regards the Community Volume & Overall Amenities.

Since the Projects mentioned above are mostly under Construction (complies with your Requirement) hence the preferable Units would be an issue. My suggestion would be to go for Resale Units ... You may Even Bargain to a Price that is Rs. 200-300
    Cheaper than the Market Rate.
    Also go through similar threads on this Forum ...
    There's a Lot of Wisdom that one can Accumulate especially from our Expert's Views.

ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR SEARCH !!

Thanks for response,i will update after reviewing your suggestions

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajarshi77
    Technically I am not very enthused about Rajarhat for staying purpose. Reason being people don't stay there, you have to take a car to get regular grocery, vegetables and fruits. Since you have elderly people they will fill lonely when they stay in complexes where more than half of the flats are empty. If you are married and have kids basic things may haunt you-lack of tutors/ tutorials near your place, etc. So get a flat in a place which have robust social and basic infrastructure in place which will make your and parents life easy. If you have the extra money put it in Rajarhat for future appreciation.

So which location and options you will suggest keeping my factors in mind

CommentQuote
  • I will suggest Santoshpur. You will get 2/3 Bhk in your budget. It's near yadavpur/ em bypass giving you easy access to South Kolkata and Bypass. Peaceful locality. Upcoming metro will ensure capital appreciation. You will get flats getting completed in next 6 months. Only issue is you will not get large complexes. These are standalone buildings with stilt parking, backup generators, lift and security. But you won't get the additional amenities like swimming pool, gym, park, spa, etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Forgot to mention your parents will have easy access to quality healthcare facilities of RN Tagore, Fortis, Medica, etc. Transport facilities are many- bus, auto, train (yadavpur station). Grocery, fruits and vegetable markets are nearby. Household help are easy to find.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajarshi77
    I will suggest Santoshpur. You will get 2/3 Bhk in your budget. It's near yadavpur/ em bypass giving you easy access to South Kolkata and Bypass. Peaceful locality. Upcoming metro will ensure capital appreciation. You will get flats getting completed in next 6 months. Only issue is you will not get large complexes. These are standalone buildings with stilt parking, backup generators, lift and security. But you won't get the additional amenities like swimming pool, gym, park, spa, etc.

Thanks for your reaponse,
    Are these ready to move flats?
    can you mention some so that i can focus on those projects

CommentQuote
  • Check 99acres, magicbricks websites. You will get resale flats also
    CommentQuote