Hi- I am looking for suggestions for nicer places to stay in Kolkata, preferably the vibrant part of Kolkata. would appreciate if you mention the price points to start with rent and then buy for 3 BHK. budget in the range between 1.5 to 2 cr lesser the better. I have lived all my life in Mumbai and Bangalore though I am a Bengali.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • You can think of South City, areas around Lake Market, Southern Avenue. For good connectivity but not that vibrant can consider central bypass (Silver Spring etc). Best would be to visit each of these localities and then make your preference.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Sumanb
    CommentQuote
  • Relocating to Kolkata

Depends on what will you prefer: standalone buildings or gated complexes. If you are looking at high rise buildings all round, happy with shopping at malls and comfortable with driving around new town is the place. If you are a pucca Bengali looking forward to eat fresh fish every day the older localities like southern avenue, lake market, gariahat, yadavpur is the place. You can also pick north Kolkata if you don't have any fascination regarding all things in the south! Good thing is that at your budget you can pick up any place as per your choice.
    CommentQuote