I have booked a 2 BHK apartment in Convicity by Bloomsbury Infrastructure. The site is located just behind the Infosys IT park proposed land and around 3 KM from the Uniworld City. This is around 700 / 800 metres from the 6 lane and just outside the Action Area 3.

Will this be a good investment?

I need to opt for a loan though.
Read more
34 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Just my 2 cents. AA3 would take lots of time to develop and grow. Also the Infosys IT park is doomed - it is not going to happen (learnt it from Infosys employee). Also, with no new IT player entering Bengal anytime soon, the Sector 5 and Rajarhat area would remain the same.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gumtreekc
    I have booked a two BHK apartment in Convicity by Bloomsbury Infrastructure. The site is located just behind the Infosys IT park proposed land and around 3 KM from the Uniworld City. This is around 700/800 metres from the 6 lane and just outside the Action Area 3.
    Will this be a good investment. I need to opt for a loan though.

Kolkata's new IT campuses are all doomed. No Infosys or any other companies are coming. The IT scenario in Kolkata is disappointing and not at all rosy like the developers and promoters will describe and use as a trap to fool people.
    CommentQuote
  • Do not invest in Kolkata real estate, instead invest in a mutual fund.

I am sorry and sad to say that Kolkata is slowly becoming a junk city. :(
    CommentQuote
  • I am planning to invest in villa at convicity it's not an investment purpose but purely for home living.

Is the project fair and good. What is current status of project

Is the land commercial. ?

Can somebody suggest is it fake or fruitful. ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by huntshariq
    I am planning to invest in villa at convicity it's not an investment purpose but purely for home living.

Is the project fair and good. What is current status of project

Is the land commercial. ?

Can somebody suggest is it fake or fruitful. ?

This doesn't look like a fraud. For the lands they dealt fairly. And the land is all converted.

The problem is with the road connecting it. The 6-Lane/4-Lane they might have mentioned is in full jolt now. There's a small parcel of land (approx 400 mtrs from the Infosys side) falling in the trajectory of the 6-Lane, the owners are not willing to sell. And I don't think the current Govt will press hard with the land takeover.

If you are looking for living, I guess then you should give it a pass. Even-though 2200/SQFT rate in CLP might sound very decent.

Still if you want to go ahead with this project - you can consider waiting till the road issue is fixed. You can do a regular visit till the Infosys-Wipro-ITC land and check if the brick piling of the 6-Lane is completed. And I don't think the price will increase very much for this project in 6-months.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks rupamb; that's was informative

Do you or anybody have any update on construction of the villas, whether it has started or not?

I will keep an eye on the road connectivity though. I am not in India right now
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by huntshariq
    Thanks rupam that's was informative

Do u or anybody have any update on construction of villas wether is it stated ?

I will keep an eye on road connectivity though. I am not in india right now

Villa's also have not started. Land acquisition is still going on. Though they are taking bookings and getting response. Mostly cause of the cheap rates. This is what I feel:

1. Again the road connectivity mentioned earlier is a issue here.

2. I have seen the floor plan. It doesn't seem very convincing considering it a villa (so semi-premium).

3. SBU-BU ratio is simply hopeless. This will play a major game during re-sale. You can sell it on unit basis not on SQFT basis.

4. With lots of plots sold around the villa area, you have to get rid-off it in first 0.7-1.2K appreciation. (Semi-)Premium segment simply won't like their villa's in between hundreds of builder apartments. But here you will have enough time for that to happen.

If at all I would be buying here - I would be buying the apartments, after waiting the road to become true. Not the Villas though.

I normally check the happenings in this area every month last Saturday. So I will update you by end of this month.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • sarkar1721 years ago
      Hii,
      Any update on construction. As such it has started or not....
  • Thanks rupamb;
    Looking forward
    CommentQuote
  • Agree to some extent. Its getting worse day by day....

Still i am surprised to see so many new projects coming up in the rajarhat area....

if anyone wants to buy property, i think its always advisable to go with branded company...
    CommentQuote
  • huntshariq; No change. Only few new posters.
    CommentQuote
  • I visited their site. Construction haven't started, they have only one security office and a transformer. Also the boundary (temporary) they have given is not for the whole plot, it's just for the front. They are saying once we will pay the land price they will do the mutation, this is where my doubt is. I'm not much confident about how much plot they have actually aquired.

Looking for an investment in newtown area. Really appreciate if you please suggest some better option.
    CommentQuote
  • I have invested in this Convicity project. Also have visited the site. The boundary wall construction has begun. But i have doubt weather they have obtained all kind of administrative approvals from competent authorities. Also about the land i have still some doubts. So going for an independent search to satisfy myself.

Please help me what are the things to be checked before paying further bounty.

Please if any one has invested in this project, give as much feedback as possible.
    CommentQuote
  • they have one more project going tht is Harbour Greens in Joka Amtala i suggest u to by tht project
    CommentQuote
  • Is this project opposite to swapnabhumi land plots?
    CommentQuote
  • Anybody have any idea on the builder ?

Interested to invest on this.
    CommentQuote