Last year, we have bought a flat from RNB industries and have paid 20% of the total flat value. But, after that they have not made any sale agreement and does give some lame excuses every time. The project has still not started but they have almost completed phase I in the same location. The location is Rajarhat chowmatha.We are not sure how to deal with this situation. Please suggest. They have different projects at different locations but we are not sure why the sale agreement is not being made.
Read more
Reply
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by tanumon
    Last year, we have bought a flat from RNB industries and have paid 20% of the total flat value. But, after that they have not made any sale agreement and does give some lame excuses every time. The project has still not started but they have almost completed phase I in the same location. The location is Rajarhat chowmatha.We are not sure how to deal with this situation. Please suggest. They have different projects at different locations but we are not sure why the sale agreement is not being made.


    Try to talk with some senior guy from the builder. Inquire about the reason of not starting the work. Did you check with any banks whether they have approvals or not?

    Discuss with him, if you can get an allotment in Phase 1 instead of Phase 2. They may have unsold inventory and would like the idea as they can get 100% of the amount from you right now.

    Finally, if nothing will work out in your favour, check if you can cancel the booking/
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We have spoken to the Director directly and it seems that there is some conflict between the builder and marketing partner and hence is the delay. He asks us to wait and there is hardly any unit left in Phase 1. Is there a legal way to get my money back?
    CommentQuote
  • Personal Suggestion:
    1. First resolve the issue where u have invested money last year
    2. Directly talk what their intention is on agreement or not or what about refund, any time line?
    3. If you feel they are harassing you, and since it past long months and no agreement done, you send a legal notice via ur advocate to do the agreement say within 1 month or refund the full money. You have to proof of receipt of booking money.
    CommentQuote
  • They have been giving different dates for the same and evreytime when the date approaches, they give another date. I will wait for one more month and then seek our advocate advice.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tanumon
    They have been giving different dates for the same and evreytime when the date approaches, they give another date. I will wait for one more month and then seek our advocate advice.


    Yes in this case probably that is the only option you have. Ask your advocate to build a strong case in your favor. You can even ask interest on the amount paid and compensation for your mental agony and harassment. Builder will not pay these for sure but he will be in pressure and you should be able to get back the full amount as refund. Otherwise builder will play all sorts of tricks and may deduct some % as cancellation charges.
    CommentQuote
  • I'd sent you a friend request,please accept as I would like to talk with you regarding these,its urgent.
    CommentQuote
  • @tanumon : I'd sent you a friend request,please accept as I would like to talk with you regarding these,its urgent.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anirban8
    Yes in this case probably that is the only option you have. Ask your advocate to build a strong case in your favor. You can even ask interest on the amount paid and compensation for your mental agony and harassment. Builder will not pay these for sure but he will be in pressure and you should be able to get back the full amount as refund. Otherwise builder will play all sorts of tricks and may deduct some % as cancellation charges.


    Thanks Anirban!!!! I have informed them the same and they have promised me to allocate in a different project of theirs now. I am not sure whether it's a new trick to persuade us not to put up a case against them. We will be waiting for a week now as they said they would allocate in this week itself.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sandeeprc14
    @tanumon : I'd sent you a friend request,please accept as I would like to talk with you regarding these,its urgent.


    I have already accepted your friend request and please let us know whether you are stuck with the same people for the same project?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tanumon
    I have already accepted your friend request and please let us know whether you are stuck with the same people for the same project?


    How could I talk with you?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot
    CommentQuote
  • just sent
    CommentQuote
  • King's Hut Phase 2 by RNB Industries Limited, Kolkata

    We have booked a flat in Rajarhat,Kolkata last year. Project name King's Hut Phase 2 with RNB industries ltd. It's been more than 1 year, the developer did not make any sale deed even after paying 20% of the total consideration of the flat and every time gave some lame excuses and now they are offering another flat in the other location constructed by them in the same price (King's Residency or Sonnet). But we are not satisfied as they do not have mutation, upto date tax receipt and conversion from agricultural to bastu of the land where the flat is being constructed that they are offering. They have the building sanction plan approved. We will be cancelling the booking and there is no sale deed. What is the legal procedure to claim the refund? Will there be any deduction as we have suffered with mental agony and harassment for more than 1 year? If we make the sale agreement for the new flat, we are liable for 10% deduction as per their clause. Please suggest.
    CommentQuote