Can anyone suggest if Spa Suites, Vedic Village @3400/SQFT will be a good investment.

> They are offering subvention option till possession after the initial 20%.

> How long it can possibly take for Vedic village to become inhabitable? If at all I plan to stay up there in future.

> The apartments with north open will have a far better view compared to the south open ones. Will it be a problem to sell off a north open apartment?
Read more
8 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi rupamb;

How many projects u have invested in?

As I read that u have invested in swapnabhumi,rainforest etc. and if u have invested in both of these then I'm sure u might be having better idea than most of us regarding the property trends in raJarhat and new town area both.
    CommentQuote
  • I have so far invested in few properties around Rajarhat area. Even squared up few. But the profit proportion seems to be far lesser here as compared to Gurgaon. Also the hold time required here seems to be far more.

I started searching what is possibly going wrong here and that's how I landed in this forum.

Since I will be in Kolkata for long, I will stick around Kolkata only. And already I had to square up Prudent Prana in meager profit, I am no longer opting for extreme South.

I want to make an investment in Vedic Village. But here I read that:

> The area could become livable only after 10 years.
    > Also there seems to be a strong push for south open flats. Even if the north/east side has a big leeway.
    > Finally, will open parking become a bottle-neck? There seems to be no covered parking in SPA Suites it seems.

Request your opinion in these matters.
    CommentQuote
  • With the amount of supply presently in Action Area 1 and Action 2 along with various other areas in Rajarhat, buying a property at Vedic Village can only be considered as a second home.

People would buy it to go in the weekends twice or thrice a year or throw a party with friends and family.

If you plan to stay there and have Office in Central Kolkata, say Dalhousie you'll reach at work after lunch.

I suggest you to not be lured by per sq feet price but look to buy in areas like Lake Town, Jessore Road, Baguihati, Kaikhali etc which is already developed and prices are between 4000 - 6000 per sq. ft. depending on the project.

Rental income might be low but you at least you would get someone to rent out, in Vedic Village is practically impossible.
    CommentQuote
  • Yea agreed. But I think these areas are targeted to peoples who have offices in New Town/Sec-V area.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rupamb
    Yea agreed. But I think these areas are targeted to peoples who have offices in New Town/Sec-V area.

I've seen many people buying projects in adjacent areas (though not aware of Kolkata's situation )since the cost is low but I personally feel that it is much better to bargain hard and buy a smaller project in more developed area particularly for investment purposes. For end user it depends on case to case basis.
    I think there is already an excess supply of units in the above areas. The main problem due to which there is no price appreciation or increase. New projects residential projects are coming up in Newtown area but offices are still lying vacant with no new IT companies coming up. And in future more residential projects will be coming up in new town area so I see no point in investing presently in a far off location.

Now, u might say prices are quite low and people may buy there and not prefer newtown.

If that is the case then people will take flats on rent and not buy which is the common trend in most IT dominated cities in India as they prefer to stay as close to their office as possible.

Presently I would personally avoid it but if some there is some major IT companies and industries setup in Newtown area in future then probably yes.

And if u are still willing to take a chance then I saw another project which was offering at much lower price in the same area and is better to risk there after checking all legalities.
    CommentQuote
  • babloo68; Wow that would be great help. Please let me know about the project.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rupamb
    babloo68; Wow that would be great help. Please let me know about the project.

Plz check any prop site like mb,99 acres etc. u will surely find it.

And since u have already burnt ur fingers by investing in Rainforest as mentioned in earlier posts I don't understand why u are so curios to invest unless u are buying as a weekend home or something.

Hope ur investment is fruitful wherever u do.

All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by babloo68
    Plz check any prop site like mb,99 acres etc. u will surely find it.

And since u have already burnt ur fingers by investing in Rainforest as mentioned in earlier posts I don't understand why u are so curios to invest unless u are buying as a weekend home or something.

Hope ur investment is fruitful wherever u do.

All the best.

Finally I went for it. Got a good bargain. Worst case I myself will shift there and put the current one on rent :). With 6-Lane completed it will be 5 minutes drive from both my and my wife's office. Less the traffic.

I feel this can grow atleast till 3800-3900 in two years. With even that I can make a decent profit.

Thanks all for the valuable suggestions :)
    CommentQuote