Recently I visisted Bhiwadi and I was amazed at seeing the Bhiwadi Alwar raod before toll. The most amazing piece was the V Sqaure mall which has Haldiram operational in it now. I visited the mall and had my lunch at Halidaram. Mall is very well done and is very customer friendly. I could see lot of good engineering and design principles being followed in building the same. One such was the facade which has the space for advertisemnet, drop-off and pick up areas, rain water harvesing etc.

Also when enquired Big Bazar is going to be operational very soon say by end of March 2013. The cinema hall in it has been given to SRS.

Real good job and i would like to congratulate the team behind this.
Read more
57 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi all,

Any update in the project by VVA developers.
    CommentQuote
  • Bhiwadi is growing day by day and rates on upside, see Majicbricks trends
    CommentQuote
  • yeah. My POV : going by current trend, i am expecting booking prices of 4000 psft and resale of 3500 psft by Dec'13
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,
    i find it hard to understand if everybody is giving great review about the V square mall y is the mall mostly empty till now at least some months have passed since possession has been offered , a mere haldiram does not mean success for any mall as there are examples of that Angel mall, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad if anybody has visited this mall haldiram is great success but u will not find more than 10 people who visit the other space of mall other than to use washroom of the mall and this mall is operational since at least last one year so haldiram isn't any surety of success. There are malls in faridabad with multiplexes but see very less footsteps because of the number of malls in vicinity if anybody has visited these malls in faridabad. Star City mall, Mayur Vihar -I, Delhi is right next to Metro station and large number of residential apartments but most of the mall is largely empty since last three years at least except for five or six liquor shops you hardly see any crowd. There must be crowd to visit the malls and that too when there are so many of them(malls upcoming in Bhiwadi). Gurgaon and Bhiwadi cannot be compared as the density of population is very unproportional other than that a large number of people come to work in Gurgaon from Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad and even from Bhiwadi. Bhiwadi is an upcoming town so this mall would have to wait for the population to build up but untill than new malls would have come up. If a mall does not achieve success at it's birth there is hardly any hope latter.
    CommentQuote
  • Big Bazaar too is coming up in April as per the Mall authorities.
    CommentQuote
  • Has Bhiwadi got the crowds for something like Big Bazzar from where do u think people would come to shop from. Being optimistic is one thing but reality could be different, at this stage even Big Bazzar would not be able to generate crowds
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vikram99
    Has Bhiwadi got the crowds for something like Big Bazzar from where do u think people would come to shop from. Being optimistic is one thing but reality could be different, at this stage even Big Bazzar would not be able to generate crowds

They are just sharing..
    ask this question to BIGbazar:)

I think it has potential.. let it be opened up and see.
    CommentQuote
  • I think we are making the mistake of cataloging new townships with old mindsets. Will people come? Will people buy cars? I believe the answer is all around us, the way things, cities, towns and roads have gotten so busy all of a sudden.

Do not forget that Bhiwadi had people before construction began there. And yes, currently the rural population does have the spending power.
    CommentQuote
  • I know rural population, 90% got technology, SUVs in villages. They want their area to be developed and selling their lands to builders. This trend is started 25 yr ago.
    See facts and growing economics....before discussion

India is rapidly shifting from a rural to urban country, but small towns and farming communities still make up the vast majority of its population, accounting for more than 833 million of its 1.21 billion residents. And now, for the first time in decades, this rural majority is spending money like it's the majority.

The Times of India reports that rural spending growth is outpacing urban spending for the first time since economic reforms took place two decades ago. Between 2009 and 2012, spending by the 69 percent of the Indian population living in rural areas increased by about $67 billion. For the 31 percent who are urban dwellers, spending increased by only about $54 billion.

source:
    The Surprising Spending Habits of India's Rural Population - Jobs & Economy - The Atlantic Cities
    CommentQuote
    Has Bhiwadi got the crowds for something like Big Bazzar from where do u think people would come to shop from. Being optimistic is one thing but reality could be different, at this stage even Big Bazzar would not be able to generate crowds

There are many Ashiana Projects in Bhiwadi and gentry looks good for Big Bazaar.You may be surprised to know that Mac Donald is also opening a big independent store next to Ashiana Aangan.
    People are moving from Gurgaon to these areas because of affordability and they would be the endusers for these type of stores
    CommentQuote
  • Firstly decide whether the population which you think is going to shop from the upcoming(don't known when it is going to come up) Big Bazzar (mall success guarantee formula don’t know when not so successful malls are going to get that idea) is Urban or Rural or both , amit4india says about the rural population purchasing capacity then ROHANm has elaborated about Ashaina project is in vicinity and gentry is good for Big Bazzar why worry about the gentry when rural India has the purchasing capacity. When you think about the purchasing capacity of rural India you forgot to notice that rural India has a population which is not as dense as Gurgaon or Delhi, rural India produces many of things which Big Bazzar sells as wheat, rice, sugar, vegetables etc. and other than that needs for rural homes are much less than urban homes. Even though their purchasing capacity has increased by some margin that doesn’t mean overnight they would change their lifestyle it is a gradual process. Analyzing is better than shedding tears latter. Even more populous cities like Delhi(Star City Mall,near metro station Mayur Vihar- I), Ghaziabad(Angel mega Mall, on N.H. 58 Kaushambi very close to Delhi border having runing haldiram since atleast one year), Faridabad( Parsvnath mall manhattan, Mathura Rd, New Industrial Township, Faridabad) a few examples which I know and could be reviewed to understand the present investment option. There are malls which have been converted into office space and there are other malls which don’t even see a total of 50 people walk-in on a single day. Please go and have a look at these malls or any one of them if you don’t believe me, at least anyone can take that much of pain before investing so much of money anywhere. Fate of a mall depends a lot on it's starting months if it is not successful at initial stage then there is hardly any hope latter as at latter stage other malls would have come up, they are bigger and newer than older malls. This is not the most appropriate time for the launch of a mall in Bhiwadi may be some years later it would have been better untill that time this mall would age out and other options would come up but this is my analysis hope that I am proved wrong and those of us who have already invested get what they hope for.
    Best of Luck!
    CommentQuote
    Firstly decide whether the population which you think is going to shop from the upcoming(don't known when it is going to come up) Big Bazzar (mall success guarantee formula don’t know when not so successful malls are going to get that idea) is Urban or Rural or both , amit4india says about the rural population purchasing capacity then ROHANm has elaborated about Ashaina project is in vicinity and gentry is good for Big Bazzar why worry about the gentry when rural India has the purchasing capacity. When you think about the purchasing capacity of rural India you forgot to notice that rural India has a population which is not as dense as Gurgaon or Delhi, rural India produces many of things which Big Bazzar sells as wheat, rice, sugar, vegetables etc. and other than that needs for rural homes are much less than urban homes. Even though their purchasing capacity has increased by some margin that doesn’t mean overnight they would change their lifestyle it is a gradual process. Analyzing is better than shedding tears latter. Even more populous cities like Delhi(Star City Mall,near metro station Mayur Vihar- I), Ghaziabad(Angel mega Mall, on N.H. 58 Kaushambi very close to Delhi border having runing haldiram since atleast one year), Faridabad( Parsvnath mall manhattan, Mathura Rd, New Industrial Township, Faridabad) a few examples which I know and could be reviewed to understand the present investment option. There are malls which have been converted into office space and there are other malls which don’t even see a total of 50 people walk-in on a single day. Please go and have a look at these malls or any one of them if you don’t believe me, at least anyone can take that much of pain before investing so much of money anywhere. Fate of a mall depends a lot on it's starting months if it is not successful at initial stage then there is hardly any hope latter as at latter stage other malls would have come up, they are bigger and newer than older malls. This is not the most appropriate time for the launch of a mall in Bhiwadi may be some years later it would have been better untill that time this mall would age out and other options would come up but this is my analysis hope that I am proved wrong and those of us who have already invested get what they hope for.
    Best of Luck!

Vikram, you hit the nail on the head.

Folks in Ghaziabad and such areas do not visit malls. I have seen that for a fact. And the ones who do visit do not buy. Also, if you compare the crowds, you will find it is a different crowd than what one would find in Delhi or Gurgaon. But do not be mistaken, they have purchase power but they would rather spend at their friendly kiryana store than at spencers in the mall - EVEN if spencer's is cheaper!

Now, lets talk about the Gurgaon side of NCR area. There are key differences in the customers across the UP side of border and that of Haryana and Rajasthan. First off, the people in Bhiwadi area are predominantly professionals who have moved to Bhiwadi. This is my reading from the fledgling population in Bhiwadi. Also, this number of professionals will only go up as new industries and progressive industries come up. The keywords being new and progressive. Sure, there are industries in the areas you have mentioned but have you taken a look at the squalor around the area? That should tell you about the mindset of the policy makers and business drivers. In contrast, look at the industrial area in Bhiwadi. This itself indicates the huge divide between the areas you mentioned.

Malls are also not pouplar in the areas you mentioned for a reason not many delve into. In areas adjoining UP and Old Delhi, people do have purchase power. But the fact is that this purchase power rests with people who feel outdated and conscious in a setting like a mall. That is a huge (un) motivating factor. Plus, the young consumers do not have a high disposable income in that area.

Coming to Bhiwadi and such areas, please remember, that good infrastructure and facilities must precede urbanisation and urban migrations. Again, in the areas that you mentioned, people had learnt to survive without the malls and so called fancy complexes all this while. So, to them, they are just an amusement and not a utility. Herein lies the difference - criticality of need - Which I think will be higher for people moving into newly urbanised areas than ones who have already been settled in that area.
    CommentQuote