Hi Folks, I have plans to build a independent house in Bedanasi area in Cuttack. The plot was purchased on Lottery from BDA more than 10 years back and we can not sell it without building a house on it. I do not stay in India and this will be more on the lines of investment..

So is building a house in Bedanasi area (very near to ring Road) is advisable? Any idea how much it would cost to build a modorate house for renting purpose. The plot size is around 3000 sq. feet..

Any response will be appriciated..
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Mr Samal,

Recently I built a house in Bhubaneswar. It cost me on an average of Rs1000 per sqft. The architect's estimate was Rs600:D. The fittings etc I went for was not top of the range but of medium quality.

Regards,
    rknanda
    CommentQuote
  • I would not be able to comment on the pricing costs in Bidanasi, but as far as location goes, its one of the most nicest areas and well planned one. Though cost of construction in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar might not be much different, rentals, on the other hand, will not be as high as Bhubaneswar.
    CommentQuote
  • As you have mentioned it seems it is a very good place to build the house, although you have not mentioned the sector where your plot is located. I have a house in sector 11 and wanted to sale and then I came to know that I need to pay 33% (not exactly sure about the %) of the differential price ( i.e sale price - the inflation adjusted CDA allotment price ) to CDA if I have to sale. I did not go for a probe since I thought it will not fetch me any good value. So I think it is not only land but also constructed house.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Carbideman,

I am not sure about the Sector. Once you come down from the Ring road and take first Right and go about 150 meters the plot is on the main road. We too wanted to sale the land and found out that we would have to pay some substantial amount back to CDA as we got it via allotment long time back.

My not being physically in India is hampering my enquire with CDA and take appropriate action. Also I heard that we some time get flood in those area. Is it true?

Anshuman
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by a_samal
    My not being physically in India is hampering my enquire with CDA and take appropriate action.

I am planning to check once again on this, if I get some more information I will post it. I can mail you if your mail id is available. I am also in the same boat.

Originally Posted by a_samal

Also I heard that we some time get flood in those area. Is it true?

Yes... this year it happened and that again scared me. However I do not think this will be a long term worry. Now the prices in CDA has gone down for the above two reasons.
    CommentQuote
  • Please let me know if you want to sell out this!

Originally Posted by a_samal
    Hi Folks, I have plans to build a independent house in Bedanasi area in Cuttack. The plot was purchased on Lottery from BDA more than 10 years back and we can not sell it without building a house on it. I do not stay in India and this will be more on the lines of investment..

So is building a house in Bedanasi area (very near to ring Road) is advisable? Any idea how much it would cost to build a modorate house for renting purpose. The plot size is around 3000 sq. feet..

Any response will be appriciated..
    CommentQuote
  • When it is an investment then you can build a house for renting purpose and hopefully a two to three storey building will yield good profit in the nearby future.

Locals may help you..
    CommentQuote