Guys, If you are still looking for some good investment in tricity area then I would say new GMADA sector 123 is good option.

Here are my points to support the same:

1. Its’ very close to Chandigarh almost as Mullanpur (open below link 1 to confirm). Importantly, I would advice you to go for Sector 123 not 124 and the only reason is its closeness to CHD J.. I knw we are sick of CHD
2. It’s a new upcoming sector in Mohali as marketed by GMADA green Mohali. It will be low-density residential sectors (link 2).
3. It’s being developed by Bajwa Developersand they have good reputation at least in tricity area.
4. Would prefer this over Mullanpur b’coz of upcoming elections in Punjab and the problems that we are hearing for Mullanpur highway and metro project gets scraped (see what’s happening in TN..new govt is reversing all the decision made by DMK).

I too recently have bought a plot over there. The rates are now b/w 16-18K. I was holding to post this mssg b’coz the project was not approved by GMADA but yday I got the mssg from my Bank, and they say it’s almost done deal (they sanctioned my loan so I trust themJ).

Here are some links to verify the same:
Sector 123, New Sunny Enclave
To put Master Plan into practice, Mohali gets Zonal Development Plan - Indian Express
The Chandigarh Reality Scene: May 2011
The Chandigarh Reality Scene: Best time for property investment in the chandigarh region - Properties to look for - Greater Mohali

Above info is just my own analysis, so before making any decision, do your research thoroughly and challenge the above info you may see some other good option or finalize this one.

~Ricky
Read more
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Rickyy,

I won't classify Mullanpur as risky bet rather an expensive bet. All those who say govt change will in some way scuttle Mullanpur are just too naive. Every politician has bought land there even our very own Amrinder Singh (after all it was his baby) , further more almost all babus have bought plots- just look at the paradise they are creating for themselves there.

Only unfortunate thing is that the area has been priced too high for the wait. All those who get plots in the Urban estate would sure be corepaties in 5 years.
    CommentQuote
  • investment options in tricity

hello Mr Rickyy
    Thanks for responding. I do have different opinion. GMADA is expected to launch their Mullanpur scheme around 18000/- per sq yd. My personal view is that after the draw these plots will trade at least 12-13000/- per sq yds premium thus the then prevailing rate per sq yds will be around 30-32000/-.Greater Mohali area is at least 5-7 years ahead of Mullanpur in terms of development. Moreover, GMADA has fixed RS 25000/- per sq yads rate for his schemes in Greater Mohali area. Tenders have also been floated for laying three link roads from Mohali to Greater Mohali areas which will make huge impact on pricing in these sectors of GMADA. The work is likely to be completed within a year or so. Don't u think all these developments makes investments in Greater Mohali very attractive. I expect prices in EMMAR MGF and PEARL to double within a time span of two years. If U think the above expectations are bubbles in the air please don't hesitate to elaborate.
    CommentQuote
  • hi gurdial

Hi gurdial,

Risk has different definitions..a politician who has 20 cr can invest 2 cr in mullanpur and can make double, and even if he doesnt make anything he doesnt have much to loose..but for a guy like me who has limited capital has everything to loose(in worst case scenario) so I was just talking from that point of view..
    Now govt change in punjab can be a game changer, and frankly speaking it can go either side..what if congress govt decide to put more focus on mullanpur..in this scenario one can definitely become crorepati :)

Till this point everything is on paper for mullanpur..unless until we dont see clearance from all the ministries and clear word from gmada i think we shd be lil careful..
    just to mention two points...havent seen much development from omaxe in mullnapur, and we all know how much aerocity plots have appreciated since draw..

So bottom line.. definitely try ur luck in gmada lottery but dlf and rest i will pass to politicians

Ricky
    CommentQuote
  • pawang42

Hi pawang42,

I have already responded about mullanpur..

Now regd. greater mohali area..i dont think anyone has doubt about the potential of the greater mohali area but the problem is only w/ the execution of gmada plans..i completely agree w/ u, if all infrastructure plans get executed then we can expect much more appreciation..

Wish gmada also focus on bringing industries to the area rather than just housing and shopping malls..its really frustrating to see 1 cr home in mohali cant fetch nice amt of rent per month ..

Ricky
    CommentQuote
  • Rickky,

Politicians are politicians they rearly want to loose no matter what the amount. Ultimately they command the reigns so won't kill the golden goose.

Except for environmental clearance from the centre about the 8 lane road, all has been cleared by GMADA. Infact GMADA has been one of the most enthusiastic promoters of the area.

Things many be on paper now but when Urban estates are completed and stadium built- when things start to move off paper , do you think one would be able to buy plots at 20-25k ?

As I have said many times before, Mullanpur is for someone with a long term horizon. Patience will be rewarded in the end. Now that does not mean that each every project is worth investing there, one has to pick and choose the best ones in the area- like in any place.

As for Omaxe, their reputation is well know and after that if anyone wants to invest with them-best of luck to him.

Aerocity even though it was located next to no where, still people sold plots at insane premium initially. Now also plots there are in the range of 30-32k( mind you people have just paid the 1st due), which not bad by any stretch of imagination.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Gurdial

Everything looks on good on white board..problem only starts when u start drawing those lines in real..

to be fair..yes, mullanpur has lots of potential and the other good thing which it has is its proximity w/ baddi industrial area.

Wish GMADA put all the real info in their own website..rather than us getting the info from various other agencies and thn start guessing game..

so bottom line..yes ll try luck w/ GMADA lottery but rest..whatever u call overpriced ..risky or out of reach :) will just pass to other players

Ricky
    CommentQuote
  • Investment in and around Mohali

My personal opinion is with GMADA we get a very mixed crowd. Everyone knows the appreciation, so people even take loans to apply for the GMADA plots. With developers like PEARL, TDI, ANSAL and EMAAR you get very high end crowd. Especially with EMAAR which is the expensive of the lot you will see the best of the crowd (in terms of who want to live there) not invest/sell and move on. They have the biggest land parcels 3000 acres and have started from the farthest of their development. They have best mall (almost ready now), huge villas, stacks, bungalows + high rises like new golf views launched 3 days ago. They have managed to bring the metro to their door (last stop) + IT companies are coming up with the vicinity. So my advice is, if you have the money go for EMAAR MGF. You will have IT croud working and shopping next door. You will see maximum return or the best living lifestyle in coming years surrounded by best of the crowd.

Now i am not saying others are bad as ANSAL/TDI and Pearl too are doing very well. I wanted to buy plot near Sec 87 commercial hub or 97 park. Unitech only does floors and not apartments so the only choice was Sec 105. Pearl city Sec 85 is slightly messed up even though they command a price of Rs 25000/sq yard. In all this the hope is Congress does not change the Sector 86 development or metro station layout. If that happens all the permutations and combinations go out of the window.

W.r.t Sector 123/124/125 until now not many big investors were interested and their was middle class crowd who was looking to build and live including NRI's. With new changes everyone is rushing there. As is always the first ones make the kill and the rest get the left overs. So if you are looking to invest, i would suggest make quick move now as after Mullanpur draw, anyone who did not get a plot will rush for these sectors. The bypass is a reality so nothing will change and all the development will take place for sure. Its how Sunny enclave/Shivalik/Gilco came up on Kharar-Chd highway, same will happen to the bypass that goes through these sectors. Think of it other way as well....is there any other piece of land where Mohali/Chd can expand ???

Good luck to all the investors.....by the way about me i have interest in investments in Mohali, Emaar, Kharar city, Sec 124 and Phase 8 industrial area though living in UK/Canada. So i am not biased but giving facts know to me. I have an IT company www.inviassociates.co.uk so do not deal in making money on selling properties.

PS: By the way if you are looking for a holiday in Goa check my villa www.goanbeachhouse.com
    which can be booked for an independant stay.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Indigill
    My personal opinion is with GMADA we get a very mixed crowd. Everyone knows the appreciation, so people even take loans to apply for the GMADA plots. With developers like PEARL, TDI, ANSAL and EMAAR you get very high end crowd. Especially with EMAAR which is the expensive of the lot you will see the best of the crowd (in terms of who want to live there) not invest/sell and move on. They have the biggest land parcels 3000 acres and have started from the farthest of their development. They have best mall (almost ready now), huge villas, stacks, bungalows + high rises like new golf views launched 3 days ago. They have managed to bring the metro to their door (last stop) + IT companies are coming up with the vicinity. So my advice is, if you have the money go for EMAAR MGF. You will have IT croud working and shopping next door. You will see maximum return or the best living lifestyle in coming years surrounded by best of the crowd.

Now i am not saying others are bad as ANSAL/TDI and Pearl too are doing very well. I wanted to buy plot near Sec 87 commercial hub or 97 park. Unitech only does floors and not apartments so the only choice was Sec 105. Pearl city Sec 85 is slightly messed up even though they command a price of Rs 25000/sq yard. In all this the hope is Congress does not change the Sector 86 development or metro station layout. If that happens all the permutations and combinations go out of the window.

W.r.t Sector 123/124/125 until now not many big investors were interested and their was middle class crowd who was looking to build and live including NRI's. With new changes everyone is rushing there. As is always the first ones make the kill and the rest get the left overs. So if you are looking to invest, i would suggest make quick move now as after Mullanpur draw, anyone who did not get a plot will rush for these sectors. The bypass is a reality so nothing will change and all the development will take place for sure. Its how Sunny enclave/Shivalik/Gilco came up on Kharar-Chd highway, same will happen to the bypass that goes through these sectors. Think of it other way as well....is there any other piece of land where Mohali/Chd can expand ???

Good luck to all the investors.....by the way about me i have interest in investments in Mohali, Emaar, Kharar city, Sec 124 and Phase 8 industrial area though living in UK/Canada. So i am not biased but giving facts know to me. I have an IT company www.inviassociates.co.uk so do not deal in making money on selling properties.

PS: By the way if you are looking for a holiday in Goa check my villa www.goanbeachhouse.com
    which can be booked for an independant stay.

Your website INVI Associates says that, "We also deal with helping clients buy properties in India and UK". So you do business in helping others buy properties, but not selling properties eh!!! ;)
    CommentQuote
  • New allotment

A couple of days back i got the promotional message from bajwa developers that they are up with new set of allotments in sec 123. A friend of mine(happens to be a property dealer at kharar) confirmed that allotment is happening in sector 123. They think that the plots are of bigger size 233/250 sq yards. One can wait till they come actually on the map.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • sector 115

Anyone has any info on future prospects of sector 115 of greater mohali with projects like ansals and world 1 mohali?
    CommentQuote
  • latest update

got the news from dealer today that gmada may release new plot draw details on or after 15th of this month..for mullanpur and new sector in 123, and surprisingly the price for 123 plots ll be more than mullanpur.

the words are just from dealer mouth..

-Ricky
    CommentQuote
  • The information about sector 123 is interesting .. :)
    CommentQuote
  • can anyone put a light on what were the rates in S124 4 to 6 months back. This will help in judging where we stand!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gghai77
    can anyone put a light on what were the rates in S124 4 to 6 months back. This will help in judging where we stand!

Same as today. The rates have been stagnant since last 1 year in this part of the city(123/124/125). Sector 124(16-18K), Sector 123(17-20K).
    CommentQuote