Guys, If you are still looking for some good investment in tricity area then I would say new GMADA sector 123 is good option.

Here are my points to support the same:

1. Its’ very close to Chandigarh almost as Mullanpur (open below link 1 to confirm). Importantly, I would advice you to go for Sector 123 not 124 and the only reason is its closeness to CHD J.. I knw we are sick of CHD
2. It’s a new upcoming sector in Mohali as marketed by GMADA green Mohali. It will be low-density residential sectors (link 2).
3. It’s being developed by Bajwa Developersand they have good reputation at least in tricity area.
4. Would prefer this over Mullanpur b’coz of upcoming elections in Punjab and the problems that we are hearing for Mullanpur highway and metro project gets scraped (see what’s happening in TN..new govt is reversing all the decision made by DMK).

I too recently have bought a plot over there. The rates are now b/w 16-18K. I was holding to post this mssg b’coz the project was not approved by GMADA but yday I got the mssg from my Bank, and they say it’s almost done deal (they sanctioned my loan so I trust themJ).

Here are some links to verify the same:
Sector 123, New Sunny Enclave
To put Master Plan into practice, Mohali gets Zonal Development Plan - Indian Express
The Chandigarh Reality Scene: May 2011
The Chandigarh Reality Scene: Best time for property investment in the chandigarh region - Properties to look for - Greater Mohali

Above info is just my own analysis, so before making any decision, do your research thoroughly and challenge the above info you may see some other good option or finalize this one.

~Ricky
Read more
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • may be this helps (copied from another thread):

My take on the subject:

1. As mentioned by Fellow members Govt backed projects are best bets - I agree but then none of these (aerocity and ecocity) are affordable for new entrants in RE business. The psy rates in aero city and ecocity are no less than rs. 30,000 psy. I dont think everybody can afford investment of this order. The more so, in this rs. 30,000 psy rate there is significant premium, i doubt if the investment will appreciate as quickly as it may in other options (where the premium is low or non-existant) i.e. the private builders.

2. in view of #1, i would suggest new investors to have a critical look at the cases of LOCAL Pvt Builders in and around mohali, to name a few: Shivalik City, Sunny Enclave, GillCo. I think all the investors (who had invested in the initial stages in any of these projects backed by local builders) did get excellent or very good returns.

So the keywords for investment are: 1. low cost (low premium or non-existant premium) 2. Local Builders 3. in / around Mohali - Location.

Keeping these keywords in mind, i dont think we should overlook Manohar Singh and Company, they are 1. local builders 2. Have a successful record - Multitech Towers - launched at 35L and presently selling at around 95L - appreciation has been 3x in 4-5 years - a good return) 3. presently they are selling at around Rs. 19-20k/psy at Mullanpur 4. Best location as compared to DLF or Omaxe or Altus.

If i were to make some investment, in stead of eco-city or aero-city (uncertain location - as the project runs long , starts from sec 81-82 goes till Banur road - today the premium (@rs. 18,000psy) being charged is for the best location say for plots those would come up near 81-82, but what if the plot that we buy a premium of rs 18,000 is allotted on the other end i.e. near banur, I am sure the premium there woudl be less than Rs.12,000), we should go for local builders , they are more serious than the branded builders like TDI, Unitech, Emaar, Ansals, DLF, Omaxe etc :)

above all we should also keep in mind - if we want higher and quicker appreciation, we will have to take some (calculated) risk. The calculation is - if we have limited investment we should go for local builder with good track record had has a project in a good location

What is your take on this? would love you all to thrash this analysis of mine - to dig out the formula for making a good decision.
    CommentQuote
  • "The calculation is - if we have limited investment we should go for local builder with good track record had has a project in a good location"

Give us name of " local builder with deliverable track record "....i couldn't find one so far ....
    CommentQuote
  • Hi ATLGUY

BDL (Sunny), Gilco and Shivalik are good local builders.

I would prefer BDL, there plots in S124 are possession ready, you can go w/ them (good track record).

P.S This is just my personal opinion, I have an investment w/ them.

Thanks,
    Ricky

Originally Posted by ATLGUY
    "The calculation is - if we have limited investment we should go for local builder with good track record had has a project in a good location"

Give us name of " local builder with deliverable track record "....i couldn't find one so far ....
    CommentQuote
  • Registry Info....Plsss help

Is there any time limit to do Registry after you get possession of a flat in Punjab. I have made all the payment to the builder and have taken possession but dont want to do registry as might have to sell this flat in future..Can i stay in this flat without doing the registry...Have also taken loan from bank and dont know wether bank or builder will ask me to do registry when i hv got the possession...Currently i dont want to do the registry but might be staying my flat..Is it fine???Plsssssss help me answer this question????
    CommentQuote
  • Does Manohar Singh and Co. qualify w.r.t. that eligibility (local builder, good track record and good location). Since they have delivered Multitech towers in JLPL above expectations of their customers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by really
    Does Manohar Singh and Co. qualify w.r.t. that eligibility (local builder, good track record and good location). Since they have delivered Multitech towers in JLPL above expectations of their customers.

MS would be a decent bet. However, some concers raised my Indigill and others need to be addressed satisfactorily before one invests.
    CommentQuote
  • which one is better----palm grove sec 115 VS exclusive floor sec 114??? both from ansal
    CommentQuote
  • i want to purchase plot between 150 sq.yd. and 200 sq.yd. in greater mohali
    i have a budget of 25lac to 30lac
    plz suggest
    CommentQuote
  • Investment with Unitech, Mohali , Punjab. which is the best option out of --- Singleton Floor ( Unitech World ), Executive Floor on 358 Sq Yds Plot & Unitech Gardens for investment point of view. Pl also indicate full detail about the same
    CommentQuote
  • How about progressive socity project?

How about investing in PCL group (Innovative Builders ) located near Togan village Mullanpur. Presently they seem better bet than MS. They already have signed agreement with govt after getting LOI and almost 80% land has already been registered with the society and of course location is almost adjacent to 38 sector.
    heard that within 6 months they are starting site developmet
    CommentQuote