GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
Reply
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by gurdial
    GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

    Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

    High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

    In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

    Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

    Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

    Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

    GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

    Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

    GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

    For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

    Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

    Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

    GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

    It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

    GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express


    Hi Gurdial,
    What is the tentative date for launch of this scheme.

    thanks in advance

    sgverma
    CommentQuote
  • sgverma,

    I don`t know but should be launched soon. However, this time most likely only residents of Punjab will be eligible to apply. So have your domicile certificate made if you dont have one.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurdial
    sgverma,

    I don`t know but should be launched soon. However, this time most likely only residents of Punjab will be eligible to apply. So have your domicile certificate made if you dont have one.


    Thanks gurdial. I do have an old domicile certificate, hope it will come to good use now.:bab (42):

    cheers

    sgverma
    CommentQuote
  • How is GMADA in property dealing? Is it as good as HUDA?
    Can someone tell me the expected price of plots in this township?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by djvjain
    How is GMADA in property dealing? Is it as good as HUDA?
    Can someone tell me the expected price of plots in this township?

    Price is expected to be around 15k and usually GMADA plots give good returns
    CommentQuote
  • Gurdial,

    Do you think non-punjab residents would be allowed to apply for these plots?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by djvjain
    Gurdial,

    Do you think non-punjab residents would be allowed to apply for these plots?

    Not sure, but they said after the Aerocity fiasco this time it will be only for Punjab residents. Lets see what they finally decide. Even if they do put such a clause ,UT resident can still apply.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Gurdial,
    Does that mean chandigarh residents cannot apply for these plots.
    I am not sure if the chandigarh residents do need to produce any punjab specific domicile certificate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Arora_B
    Hi Gurdial,
    Does that mean chandigarh residents cannot apply for these plots.
    I am not sure if the chandigarh residents do need to produce any punjab specific domicile certificate.

    Arora_B,

    I think UT resident should not have any problem in applying.
    CommentQuote
  • Any time frame of launch and price expected...
    Originally Posted by gurdial
    Arora_B,

    I think UT resident should not have any problem in applying.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    Any time frame of launch and price expected...

    Should be soon and b/w 15-16k.
    CommentQuote
  • my wife is from Punjab ( born and brought up ) , but I have never stayed in Punjab.. so I want to know can I apply on her name , but she is a housewife , so will there be any problem or its ok ?

    Originally Posted by gurdial
    Should be soon and b/w 15-16k.
    CommentQuote
  • Pricing looks pretty interesting . I wonder, will Non - Punjab guys would be allowed to put in applications ?

    Gurdial, let the forum know, when u get any clarification on this .




    Originally Posted by gurdial
    Price is expected to be around 15k and usually GMADA plots give good returns
    CommentQuote
  • Sanjaykhanna,

    Domicile means (in this case atleast) those who have resided in the state for some period of time. Has nothing to do with whether one is born in the state or not (unlike it is in J&k or HP).

    Simple solution for you to have a certificate made with wife parents or some close relatives house as address.



    Manoja ji,

    Price is pretty good. One can expect min price to be 30k in the secondary market but everyone is saying it will be much higher.

    As for domicile issue, there are many ways around it. All GMADA wants is the certificate.
    CommentQuote
  • gurdial, please check yr. PM box .
    CommentQuote