GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Ankur, dont worry about the DLF/Omaxe case in mullanpur as gurdial has already said that DLF/Omaxe are big enough to pack bags. Its minimal (may it be DLF/Omaxe/Eco city) The delivery would happen for sure. It might be delayed a bit because of lack of infra required to perform development activities there but no one can stop the deliveries. These guys are big enough to feed the new govt appropriately if required be and in that case i can envision even further acceleration of prices.

For other small private builders in this area, trade with care near the elections. Hope we all remember the case of zirakpur private builder projects when govt changed from Cong to SAD in 2006.

Mullanpur is just raw fields except a few hoardings of DLF/omaxe here and there and property dealers showing raw fields to people. I can post the pics of raw fields near my place (dara studio / phase 6 mohali) if anyone is interested .. :P
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jatinderchd
    Ankur, dont worry about the DLF/Omaxe case in mullanpur as gurdial has already said that DLF/Omaxe are big enough to pack bags. Its minimal (may it be DLF/Omaxe/Eco city) The delivery would happen for sure. It might be delayed a bit because of lack of infra required to perform development activities there but no one can stop the deliveries. These guys are big enough to feed the new govt appropriately if required be and in that case i can envision even further acceleration of prices.

For other small private builders in this area, trade with care near the elections. Hope we all remember the case of zirakpur private builder projects when govt changed from Cong to SAD in 2006.

I am interested to know what happened to private builders in 2006? (Have started taking interest in property relatively recently)

Originally Posted by jatinderchd

Mullanpur is just raw fields except a few hoardings of DLF/omaxe here and there and property dealers showing raw fields to people. I can post the pics of raw fields near my place (dara studio / phase 6 mohali) if anyone is interested .. :P

:D
    Still I may go and have a look at the raw fields to get a feel of the area. (I was quite interested in buying a flat in Baddi for investment but changed my decision when I went to the area)
    CommentQuote
  • Ques on eligibility

Friends, please help me determine my eligibility for the Mullanpur plots:

I'm and NRI and lived most my life in Chandigarh (Matriculation, Degree from Ropar) but have been away for last 10 years. I however bought a flat in Zirakpur in 2010. Would I be eligible?

Or how about my mother who was born in Punjab, did matriculation there and own house in Chd since past 20 years but settled abroad with me and visits India every year. Is she eligible?

Tks!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bips123
    Friends, please help me determine my eligibility for the Mullanpur plots:

I'm and NRI and lived most my life in Chandigarh (Matriculation, Degree from Ropar) but have been away for last 10 years. I however bought a flat in Zirakpur in 2010. Would I be eligible?

Or how about my mother who was born in Punjab, did matriculation there and own house in Chd since past 20 years but settled abroad with me and visits India every year. Is she eligible?

Tks!

Both of you are clearly eligible. Happy investing.
    CommentQuote
  • Does Punjab resident certificate means Domicile certificate or something else ?

OR : If we can submit 3out of 10 documents ,will this prove that you are residing in Punjab from past 5 years ( although you are not ) or do we need to provide any other documents also ?

Originally Posted by AnkurPune
    If you can get a Punjab resident certificate from a Tehseidaar, then you don't need anything else. In all other cases you have to be residing in Punjab since last 5 years. (Unless you are a NRI)
    CommentQuote
  • Tks Gurdial. Is my eligibility because of the flat I have in Zirakpur? Tks once again!
    CommentQuote
    Tks Gurdial. Is my eligibility because of the flat I have in Zirakpur? Tks once again!

Yes and also I guess your passport would have a Punjab or Chd address.

Valid passport & documentary evidence to prove own/father’s/grand father’s Birth in Punjab or Chandigarh or proof of ownership of immovable property in Punjab or Chandigarh on the date of application in case of NRIs / PIOs / OCIs registered as per law.
    CommentQuote
  • I tried speaking to some officials in HDFC bank on the as i live in UK. They said at the moment they have no plans to make payment for the earnest money. Like you said Gurdial, all the banks are doing the wait and watch game which is quite stupid. As the first one to start would get instant response from the public.

Please can you keep us in the loop as and when this starts and which is a good bank to go to w.r.t interest rate etc ?
    CommentQuote
  • I don't hold an Indian passport anymore but have PIO/OCI. So can't show punjab/chd address in passport.
    CommentQuote
  • Gurdial ji ..could you please respond to my query ?

Originally Posted by Sanjaykhanna
    Does Punjab resident certificate means Domicile certificate or something else ?

OR : If we can submit 3out of 10 documents ,will this prove that you are residing in Punjab from past 5 years ( although you are not ) or do we need to provide any other documents also ?
    CommentQuote
    I don't hold an Indian passport anymore but have PIO/OCI. So can't show punjab/chd address in passport.

Ownership of immovable property will do just fine in your case.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sanjaykhanna
    Does Punjab resident certificate means Domicile certificate or something else ?

Yes, resident certificate is same as domicile certificate. You only need to submit three proofs, with one out the them satisfying the 5 yr clause.
    CommentQuote
  • As you suggested about a month back ,I applied for Domicile certificate..and now I have that..so does it mean I don't have to submit any other document (only domicile certificate )? Thanks for your help ..

Originally Posted by gurdial
    Yes, resident certificate is same as domicile certificate. You only need to submit three proofs, with one out the them satisfying the 5 yr clause.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sanjaykhanna
    As you suggested about a month back ,I applied for Domicile certificate..and now I have that..so does it mean I don't have to submit any other document (only domicile certificate )? Thanks for your help ..

That's all you need buddy.
    CommentQuote
  • Can my father apply ? He was born in Banu ( now in Pakistan ), but Banu was a part of original Punjab ( North west Frontier ) ?
    CommentQuote