310 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : GMADA Residential plots, Mullanpur, Chandigarh

Originally posted by raj_kumar1 View Post
    Dear Members, Kindly help.
    After seeing through the document.
    I'm really confused how through the 3 out of 10) documents it establishes that person is residing in punjab or chd for last 5 years.
    they h've asked 1 . birth cert .2 matriculation cert 3.passport address 4.driving licence etc etc .
    All these provided can say that person might have been resident of chandigarh or ex-resident of chandigarh/punjab but they do not ensure that person is residing in chd for last 5 years.

They did not make clear as whether are they asking for bonafide residents or ex residens of punjab.chd are also eligible to apply. kindly provide your valuable suggestions.
    thanks raj
    Please again read the clause carefully there OR in between two statements.If you are resident of Punjab or residing for 5 years in Punjab or Chandigarh then you are eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSingh View Post
      Please again read the clause carefully there OR in between two statements.If you are resident of Punjab or residing for 5 years in Punjab or Chandigarh then you are eligible.
      Dear Sir, thanks so much for your reply . it say "The applicant must be a Resident of Punjab or Chandigarh as defined by Govt. or has been residing
      in Punjab for the last 5 years and must be at least 18 years old on the last date of submission of the
      application. "

So my doubt was that those who were once resident of punjab but now have moved to other state. Are they eligible to apply. I remained resident of chandigarh(for 10 years) until year 2000. And now i have moved to other state, so Am I eligible to apply. Please advise. thanks so much

Comment

Dear Sir, thanks so much for your reply . it say "The applicant must be a Resident of Punjab or Chandigarh as defined by Govt. or has been residing
        in Punjab for the last 5 years and must be at least 18 years old on the last date of submission of the
        application. "

So my doubt was that those who were once resident of punjab but now have moved to other state. Are they eligible to apply. I remained resident of chandigarh(for 10 years) until year 2000. And now i have moved to other state, so Am I eligible to apply. Please advise. thanks so much
        Hi,

My understanding on the issue is as below.

1) In the full brochure available on the Gmada site, the following is mentioned under "terms and conditions of allotment"

"The applicant must be a Resident of Punjab or Chandigarh as defined by Govt. or has been residing
        application."

Please note it says "last 5 years", so in my opinion you will need to be resident in the year 2011.

2) As far as the 10 proofs are concerned, the brochure says

"3 out of the following 10 documents to establish 5 year residence of Punjab or Chandigarh as on last date
        of application:"

I think you will need to show proofs such that they establish that you were resident in Chandigarh 2006 (or even before 2006) and are still resident in Chandigarh in 2011.

E.g. Driving Licence Made in 2002, Passport made in 2007 and latest tele bill of December 2011 (Or whenever the documents are required).

I think they will need at least one of the proofs to be less than 3 months old from the date of submitting documents.

However it is best to confirm with someone in the department if you have some contacts.
        Last edited September 19 2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Then there is one more thing for NRI's
          "Valid passport & documentary evidence to prove own/father’s/grand father’s Birth in Punjab" .. I really don't understand on this. Suppose my father is punjab born but i'm educated all throughout in abroad. then Am I eligible to apply? even if my father doesn't own property in punjab.

they(GMADA) should have FAQ as well to clearly define yes and no.

Comment

"Valid passport & documentary evidence to prove own/father’s/grand father’s Birth in Punjab" .. I really don't understand on this. Suppose my father is punjab born but i'm educated all throughout in abroad. then Am I eligible to apply? even if my father doesn't own property in punjab.

As per the brouchure, the one who are resident of Punjab can provide a single document of proof. Please read the follwing phrase.

"Residence certificate of Punjab or Chandigarh issued by Competent Authority (Tehsildar

concerned)"

The other proofs 3 out of 10 might be valid for the one who are not born and brought up in Punjab and living there from last 5 years or who were born there but moved to other states for their job and all.

Comment

apply online

the brochure says visit the site to apply online, do anyone has idea how to apply online, i tried for just a few mins but could nt get that

Comment

Originally posted by richhaah View Post
                the brochure says visit the site to apply online, do anyone has idea how to apply online, i tried for just a few mins but could nt get that
                Online option should be available from 21th onwards.

Comment

As long as an NRI can prove that he or his father or grand father was born in Punjab by producing above documents, he is eligible to apply. The 5 year clause does not apply to him.

Comment

Thank you Gurdial Ji for the information. I would like to discuss the agenda behind this. on one side GMADA says only Punjab/chd residents and on another side the inviting NRI(non residents). What could be the motive behind this and I hope this project purpose is not just to collect hard earned money of people and in return endless wait.

Comment

• Re : GMADA Residential plots, Mullanpur, Chandigarh

Thank you Gurdial Ji for the information. I would like to discuss the agenda behind this. on one side GMADA says only Punjab/chd residents and on another side the inviting NRI(non residents). What could be the motive behind this and I hope this project purpose is not just to collect hard earned money of people and in return endless wait.
                      GMADA maybe off in delivering the project by a year or so, other than that I don't see any other issue with Ecocity. Like last time, unsuccessful applicants would get back their earnest money back in 6-8 months after the draw.

As for allowing NRIs, Punjab govt usually always makes provisions to include them in their schemes under sons of the soil policy.

Concerning restricting people on the basis of their domicile is move that lacks foresight on the part of GMADA.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X