GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by reversion
    Does anyone know if banks are offering loans for the deposit money?

Dint heard any....

Called up one of the bank's and got the answer that the finance for application money may start in nxt 5-10 days...

lets see how it goes...

Any information on the response to the scheme ??
    CommentQuote
  • Eligibility Criteria

hello,

Just called up the helpline of GMADA
    0172-2215311 and confirmed that anyone who is able to provide the 3/10 documents mentioned for eligibility can apply even if he/she is living outside of punjab....

hope this helps..

good luck!

regards
    -RD
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rd_bmw
    hello,

Just called up the helpline of GMADA
    0172-2215311 and confirmed that anyone who is able to provide the 3/10 documents mentioned for eligibility can apply even if he/she is living outside of punjab....

hope this helps..

good luck!

regards
    -RD

Dear rd bmw, your information is really useful to the investors. thanks a lot...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AnkurPune
    Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. So it would be riskier to invest in DLF rather than Gmada schemes.

I am planning to visit the Mullanpur area this weekend and look at it myself. If possible I will try to get a few pics and share it on the forum

Ankur, Did you get a chance to visit Mullanpur and checkout the latest DLF, OMAXE project development?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by reversion
    Does anyone know if banks are offering loans for the deposit money?

SBP is asking for 12k for 200 sq yards and 27k for 400 sq yard, calculated interest for 4 months. Info from a friend who took a loan for the application.
    CommentQuote
  • Passport with Punjab Address

GMADA has asked for "Passport with Punjab address" as one of the 10 documents for residence proof.

Does this mean that "Passport with Chandigarh address" will not work? SBI is not financing if you provide a passport with Chandigarh address as proof of residence....????????:bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • Paying Online

Anyone who have paid online from HDFC/any other bank for the application pls let me know how it goes. Is it a simple transfer like any other NEFT funds transfer to get the transaction number, which we are to fill out in the application form, or is there any other step specific to the application for GMADA.

Help would be appreciated..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurudev
    GMADA has asked for "Passport with Punjab address" as one of the 10 documents for residence proof.

Does this mean that "Passport with Chandigarh address" will not work? SBI is not financing if you provide a passport with Chandigarh address as proof of residence....????????:bab (38):

Btw...

How much sbi is charging for financing application money?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rd_bmw
    Btw...

How much sbi is charging for financing application money?

SBI is charging interest 10.64% p.a for 5 months and flat 200 Rs as processing charges.
    e.g. for 200 sq. yds plot they'll charge 15090 + 200 for 5 months. :bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • PIL filed against christening Mullanpur ‘New Chandigarh’

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Chandigarh Stories

PIL filed against christening Mullanpur ‘New Chandigarh’
    Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, October 11
    In a petition filed in public interest before the Punjab and Haryana High Court, advocate Pankaj Chandgothia has challenged the attempt of GMADA and private developers to cash in on Chandigarh’s name by christening Mullanpur as “New Chandigarh”. The petition comes soon after the issue was first brought to the fore in these columns.

He has contended that GMADA, in its brochure, says: “Eco city is being developed by GMADA, north of Chandigarh in the Greater Mohali Region in New Chandigarh (Mullanpur)... New Chandigarh is master planned as a spread out, low population density settlement for 4,00,000 persons eventually, with only 100 persons inhabiting an acre. Set in the picturesque backdrop of Shivalik Hills….”

Chandgothia has added that some private builders are using “New Chandigarh” for their projects at Mullanpur in an attempt to mislead people and gain undue commercial profits.

He said Chandigarh had come to acquire a special status and significance.

As such, no other town, city or village or any piece of land in India can be named similar to Chandigarh, especially when the area falls in the city’s periphery.

He has contended that Chandigarh name has a “constitutional” history and sanctity.

The Parliamentary Act of 1966 speaks about Chandigarh in Section 4 as “on and from the appointed date (September 18, 1966), there shall be formed a new Union Territory of Chandigarh comprising such of the territories of … in the existing state of Punjab as are specified in the Second Schedule and thereupon the territories so specified shall cease to form part of the existing state of Punjab”.
    CommentQuote
  • New Chandigarh is on, high court dismisses plea
    TNN | Oct 14, 2011, 04.21AM IST

CHANDIGARH: A public interest litigation against Mullanpur being rechristened "New Chandigarh" in Greater Mohali Area Development Authority's publicity campaign was dismissed on Thursday at Punjab and Haryana high court.

''If there can be Navi Mumbai, why not New Chandigarh,'' observed the bench orally. Petitioner Pankaj Chandgothia, however, claimed he would approach Supreme Court against the dismissal of his petition after obtaining a copy of the orders. Chandgothia had argued that Chandigarh had come to acquire a special significance because of its history and development and renaming Mullanpur in this manner was just an attempt on part of GMADA to help private builders profit.
    CommentQuote
  • Any idea on how many applications in various category in size recieved till now?
    CommentQuote
  • My advise to all who book with bank finance - think that you are buying a lottery and ticket cost is several thousands (bank interset). But it is not sure that it will be a lottery or not, if premium on sale vanish after euphoria cools down. Think twice before booking with bank finance....
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj,

What is the latest on the legal opinion. Will West Punjab (now in Pakistan) be considered Punjab for father's birth.

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by naresh_kumar
    My advise to all who book with bank finance - think that you are buying a lottery and ticket cost is several thousands (bank interset). But it is not sure that it will be a lottery or not, if premium on sale vanish after euphoria cools down. Think twice before booking with bank finance....
    CommentQuote
  • Fairly Simple Process!

Originally Posted by Sukhdeep2006
    Anyone who have paid online from HDFC/any other bank for the application pls let me know how it goes. Is it a simple transfer like any other NEFT funds transfer to get the transaction number, which we are to fill out in the application form, or is there any other step specific to the application for GMADA.

Help would be appreciated..

Hello,

Not sure if you have applied so far or not...

I completed the online application just few mins back.
    Its fairly simple(dint expected such simple process from a sarkaari office)

regards
    -RD
    CommentQuote