GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Screening of forms begins

:bab (22):
    Originally Posted by sbsbpo
    My estimate : 20,000 for 100 sq yard, 5000-7000 for 500 sq yard. Lets see how it goes!!

Mullanpur Ecocity
    Screening of forms begins
    Tribune News Service

Mohali, November 9
    With 20 days left for the draw of lots for Mullanpur Eco city, the process of screening 1.60 lakh application forms received from different banks, has been started by the Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA).
    The boxes containing application forms had started arriving at GMADA’s office. Though GMADA has so far not tabulated the size and category wise application forms received under the scheme, sources said the maximum applications (over 1 lakh) were alone for the 100 sq yard and 200 sq yard plots. One of the reasons was the lowest allotment rate of Rs 15,000 per sq yard for small sized plots.
    GMADA has collected around Rs 5,500 crore as earnest money against the total applications received.
    CommentQuote
  • freedom fighters dependent reservation-done away..

‘Reservations for freedom fighters’ dependents against equality before law’:)

The condition says that the dependents and wards of freedom fighters, including widows, children and grandchildren, were declared ineligible to apply for plots against two per cent quota reserved for freedom fighters, despite that they were granted freedom fighter pension by the Punjab Government.
    Contending, the petitioner referred to the instructions dated April 4, 1985, and a subsequent circular dated July 10, 2001, providing for reservation in the Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training, seats in medical colleges, for direct recruitment in State Services and in residential plots.
    Taking arguments on record, the Division Bench of Justice Hemant Gupta and Justice GS Sandhawalia stated, “Counsel for the petitioner admitted during the course of arguments that the petitioner has retired as a teacher, but could not disclose the date of birth to determine the fact whether the petitioner was born in independent and free India.”
    “Prima facie, we find that reservation for the dependents of freedom fighters — sons and daughters, may not be justified at this stage,” asserted the Bench.
    Further, it stated, “One can understand, if reservation as provided to the dependents, who could not educate themselves on account of participation of their breadwinner in freedom struggle. But once such dependents are born in free India without any disability, we find that the reservation granted to such dependents of freedom fighters may not meet the test of reasonable classification under Article 14 of the Constitution of India (equality before law).”
    “Since such issue has not been debated, we say no more at this stage. But keeping in view the fact that the petitioner is asking for reservation, as a son of freedom fighter, we find that the action of the respondent for not providing reservation under two per cent quota in freedom fighters category, cannot be said to be unjustified,” concluded the Bench while dismissing the plea.
    CommentQuote
  • Application status

I have applied for 100 Sq yrds, finanaced by Oriental Bank of Commerce. But they have given me the acknowledgement (last page of the form in the broucher) with Bank's stamp only. there is no stamp from GMADA. Not sure if my application has actually reached to GMADA or not. How can we confirm this and where can we check the application status.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DeepakJain
    I have applied for 100 Sq yrds, finanaced by Oriental Bank of Commerce. But they have given me the acknowledgement (last page of the form in the broucher) with Bank's stamp only. there is no stamp from GMADA. Not sure if my application has actually reached to GMADA or not. How can we confirm this and where can we check the application status.

GMADA has uploaded the application info at the following link: ECO CITY (PHASE-1), NEW CHANDIGARH

By the way is this your application detail?

106971 DEEPAK JAIN ABHAY KUMAR JAIN General(Including NRI / PIO / OCI)(A) 100 Sq. Yard (83.6 Sq. Meter) Yes ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE

If yes, then u're in mate.....

cheerz!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Does anyone know when un-successful applicants will be refunded money?
    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Gurudev :)....:D
    CommentQuote
  • I think chances for getting a plot in this scheme are very very thin almost negligible say 0.001% to get a plot with such a huge response from public.I am waiting for my refund :o
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sbhardwajl
    I think chances for getting a plot in this scheme are very very thin almost negligible say 0.001% to get a plot with such a huge response from public.I am waiting for my refund :o

At first glance very few people have applied for 400 and 500 plots.
    CommentQuote
  • Draw procedure.

Hi Experts,

How the draw procedure is completed. Please provide ur inputs.

Many Thanks
    Vivek
    CommentQuote
  • From my understanding its a fair draw and everyone is called to attend.

Originally Posted by E=vivek1984
    Hi Experts,

How the draw procedure is completed. Please provide ur inputs.

Many Thanks
    Vivek
    CommentQuote
  • 400/500

Gurdial, do you know how many applications were recieved for 400/ 500 sq yds?
    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by reversion
    Gurdial, do you know how many applications were recieved for 400/ 500 sq yds?
    Thanks

No idea, just an educated guess that more than 90% of applications would be for 100, 200 and 300.
    CommentQuote
  • Some vela statistics.

8 of the 167 Khuranas have applied for 500 sq yard = 5%
    CommentQuote
  • Had done a basic calculation by taking data from about a 1000 applications that is a good enough data set to make these assumptions. This is what it broadly looks like. If you have applied in the 400 & 500 size, you have the best chance of getting it, the worst chances are in the 100 sq. yd.

Size Applications Plots Probability
    100 58800 200 0.34%
    200 50960 200 0.39%
    300 10080 100 0.99%
    400 10080 120 1.19%
    500 10080 120 1.19%
    140000 740 0.53%
    CommentQuote
  • Good analysis though 1.19% is hardly any good probability. Did you factor in reservations in your analysis

QUOTE=kin123;277239]Had done a basic calculation by taking data from about a 1000 applications that is a good enough data set to make these assumptions. This is what it broadly looks like. If you have applied in the 400 & 500 size, you have the best chance of getting it, the worst chances are in the 100 sq. yd.

Size Applications Plots Probability
    100 58800 200 0.34%
    200 50960 200 0.39%
    300 10080 100 0.99%
    400 10080 120 1.19%
    500 10080 120 1.19%
    140000 740 0.53%
    CommentQuote