GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks Sir, Is it possible to get your contact no, I will tell him to talk with you directly, He tried GMADA but no one talks there - Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by singhak
    Thanks Sir, Is it possible to get your contact no, I will tell him to talk with you directly, He tried GMADA but no one talks there - Thanks

My assurance means nothing for him, after all I`m an average Joe just like you. Plus, I will be telling nothing new other than what I have told you here. Whereas, a clarification from GMADA will carry the weight of the assessing authority. Tell him to go down to the GMADA office and get his doubt cleared.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by singhak
    Dear Gurdial - Need help again, My friend has got name in the draw of Ecocity & again he got confused because someone told him that he is not eligible as he already have a property in Mohali though he brought it through resale. Now he wants to surrender the ecocity plot & I am convincing him not to do that , Pls advise he is eligible. - Thanks

Your friend is very much eligible. The person who gets a property in any govt. scheme, for that matter, should not have got a property directly from any govt. scheme in the past, though, everyone is free to have as many properties through sale/purchase at his/her own end. This is to ascertain that the person takes the benefit of owning a property directly from the govt. at a lesser rate only once in his lifetime.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Normally this is the case. However if you carefully read the rules this time , it says that anyone owning a house by the government in Punjab or CHD is not allowed. Maybe the intention is to debar only the original allottes but its not written in this manner. He can check with GMADA - but this is the exact dilemma we faced.

Originally Posted by tarungirdhar
    Your friend is very much eligible. The person who gets a property in any govt. scheme, for that matter, should not have got a property directly from any govt. scheme in the past, though, everyone is free to have as many properties through sale/purchase at his/her own end. This is to ascertain that the person takes the benefit of owning a property directly from the govt. at a lesser rate only once in his lifetime.:)
    CommentQuote
  • I am pretty certain Gurdial is right. Many (Maybe most) of the houses in Chandigarh / Mohali would have been initially allocated by the Govt to someone. This does not make the current holder ineligible. If someone has been directly allocated a property from the Government as a part of a draw, then he cannot apply again. The rationale behind it is simple. Government allocates land / flats are subsidized rates and once a person has got a property once, it wants that someone else should be benefited. Simple. So I too am pretty certain your friend is safe and don't need to worry.

On a lighter note, if the allocated plot is giving sleepless nights to your friend, I will be more than willing to take the burden off him. Instead of surrendering ask him to sell it to me (at the Govt. price of course), and I will take care of all the headache. ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AnkurPune
    I am pretty certain Gurdial is right. Many (Maybe most) of the houses in Chandigarh / Mohali would have been initially allocated by the Govt to someone. This does not make the current holder ineligible. If someone has been directly allocated a property from the Government as a part of a draw, then he cannot apply again. The rationale behind it is simple. Government allocates land / flats are subsidized rates and once a person has got a property once, it wants that someone else should be benefited. Simple. So I too am pretty certain your friend is safe and don't need to worry.

On a lighter note, if the allocated plot is giving sleepless nights to your friend, I will be more than willing to take the burden off him. Instead of surrendering ask him to sell it to me (at the Govt. price of course), and I will take care of all the headache. ;)

Ha Ha..Nice one Ankur..On a lighter note again, even I am ready to have sleepless nights provided he transfers the plot on my name.. :P
    But, yes don't worry...He is very much eligible and is very lucky to have got the plot in this scheme..
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone having any recent update on GMADA ecocity refunds ???? Please update if any information on this..
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Mates - Appreciate your views , My friend is convinced now & would be keeping the plot, But actually I have sleepless nights cos I don't want him to loose such a great oppurtunity, After all he is my soul buddy

Thanks all
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tarungirdhar
    Anyone having any recent update on GMADA ecocity refunds ???? Please update if any information on this..

Money refunded today evening.....
    I had applied online.

Check your accounts:)
    CommentQuote
  • I had not applied online, rather I had applied through application brochure manually through a draft addressed to GMADA. Anyone like me who had not applied online but has got the refund.

Kindly update.
    CommentQuote
  • I have also not applied online and still not recieved my money back.
    CommentQuote
  • any feedback on the residential project "Purab" being launched by gmada at sec 88, mohali?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monta_k
    any feedback on the residential project "Purab" being launched by gmada at sec 88, mohali?

The project looks promising if GMADA actually lives up to the expectations, also develops the IT Park in the adjoining area, and completes the project in 3 years time. The project is certainly going to bring about a change in the way Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula are perceived by the country and the outside world. 15 storey buildings and that too in such a huge number would certainly pave way for skyscrapers in the tri-city. I think the project is going to be a value for money. GO for IT..
    CommentQuote
  • Hello
    I have seen many people thinking to invest in purab appartments with the refund money which comes from ecocity
    Is everyone aware that there is lock in period for 5 years in purab appartments and one has to pay full amount in 3 years to get possesion and after that he cant sell for 2 more years?

I think its only for end user who can pay all money to GMADA.

I would like to know how many end users applied in ecocity and how many applications are expected in purab appartments.
    CommentQuote
  • I recd a call from someone on the number in India (Mom took it). They said they were calling from Gmada for the refund of my money for the Ecocity plot. She said i was out of station and can call them back if they give the number since i was expected to be available only from 24th. They said no worries, we will call on the 24th. Strange...........any comments ? Is it some sort of new fraud going on in Punjab ?????????
    CommentQuote