GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks gurdial ji for responding to my message.
    So if I have a residence proof in Punjab then I can apply for it ?

But , the other option what I am thinking is :

Since my wife is from Punjab, so I can apply on her name ? Is this possible even though she is housewife.I mean do you need to submit Income proof ,the way it happens in Rajasthan ? IF not, then I can easily apply on her name .

The other option I am thinking is to apply on my inlaws name (Father in law) and if it comes then I can get it tranferred to my name ?

Please let me know what will be the best option ?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by gurdial
    Sanjaykhanna,

Domicile means (in this case atleast) those who have resided in the state for some period of time. Has nothing to do with whether one is born in the state or not (unlike it is in J&k or HP).

Simple solution for you to have a certificate made with wife parents or some close relatives house as address.

Manoja ji,

Price is pretty good. One can expect min price to be 30k in the secondary market but everyone is saying it will be much higher.

As for domicile issue, there are many ways around it. All GMADA wants is the certificate.
    CommentQuote
  • Sanjaykhanna,

Not resident proof but a domicile certificate which you can get from the Tehsildar.

As for your wife, it does not matter whether she is a housewife or a working wife. One does not need to submit any kind of income proof.

Who ever can get a domicile certificate easiest is the one on whose name you can apply.

One more thing, try get the certificate before the advertisement comes out because now it will be made in routine without asking too many questions and won`t cost much. If GMADA does decide to keep the clause, every Tom,Dick and Harry will rush to get one.
    CommentQuote
  • gurdial ji,

How can one get a domicile certificate from Tehsildar? Please provide some more info/tips.

Sanjaykhanna,

Not resident proof but a domicile certificate which you can get from the Tehsildar.

As for your wife, it does not matter whether she is a housewife or a working wife. One does not need to submit any kind of income proof.

Who ever can get a domicile certificate easiest is the one on whose name you can apply.

One more thing, try get the certificate before the advertisement comes out because now it will be made in routine without asking too many questions and won`t cost much. If GMADA does decide to keep the clause, every Tom,Dick and Harry will rush to get one.
    CommentQuote
  • chdguy,

You can get domicile certificate from the SDM office. Just get the necessary form and submit to the Tehsildar( or the designated official). If you don`t mind paying a little extra go through an agent(you find them outside the office) as its hassle free and quick.

Usually they check your voter card, electricity or landline bills, rent deeds, ration card etc and sometimes not even that.
    CommentQuote
  • Mullanpur urban estate to offer plots at Rs 4-4.5 lakh a marla

The upcoming residential urban estate in Mullanpur adjoining Chandigarh will offer plots at prices ranging between Rs 4 lakh and Rs 4.5 lakh per marla. Unlike Aerocity, wherein plots of all sizes ranging between 5 marla to 1 kanal were offered at the same Rs 3 lakh per marla, the allotment rates in Mullanpur urban estate will vary from size to size.

Though the allotment rates are likely to be up by 33-50 per cent compared to Aerocity prices, the cash compensation for almost 420 acres of land acquired for Mohali’s third urban estate has been fixed at Rs 1.36 crore per acre over which the farmers are up in arms, citing it as the lowest ever award since 2008 when the land was acquired at Rs 1.5 crore per acre for the upcoming international airport at Mohali.

With the Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) all set to launch its second urban estate in Mullanpur (Mohali’s first urban estate in Sector 76-80 was launched by the Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority in 2001), the only delay is the formal declaration of land compensation award, which has to be made by the state government.

“Sharing boundaries with Chandigarh, Mullanpur has much more prime location than the airport and Aerocity sites,” argued farmer Kashmira Singh. Another farmer Saroop Singh asked, “If GMADA is charging more for plots, then how are they paying us less?”

Mullanpur urban estate to offer plots at Rs 4-4.5 lakh a marla - Indian Express
    CommentQuote
  • Any clarity on this yet ?

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Pricing looks pretty interesting . I wonder, will Non - Punjab guys would be allowed to put in applications ?

Gurdial, let the forum know, when u get any clarification on this .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Any clarity on this yet ?

No new news of this front. UT & Haryana have raised objection to it. Lets see what they decide- but people are saying they will have this clause. They might keep small number of plots in a open pool to placate UT & Haryana.
    CommentQuote
  • is there any website where they will put information of the launch..
    And can Punjabi NRIs apply these plots ??

No new news of this front. UT & Haryana have raised objection to it. Lets see what they decide- but people are saying they will have this clause. They might keep small number of plots in a open pool to placate UT & Haryana.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    is there any website where they will put information of the launch..
    And can Punjabi NRIs apply these plots ??

Check GMADA website for updates. Plus this time people can submit their applications online too. Well if resident Indians from other states are not allowed don't see how NRI's can.
    CommentQuote
  • The Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) has finally decided to float a residential urban estate at Mullanpur adjoining Chandigarh in August.

The scheme will offer around 2,500 plots of various sizes at prices ranging between Rs 4 lakh and Rs 4.5 lakh per marla.
    GMADA has already completed the land acquisition process for around 450 acres spread in villages, including Mullanpur (115 acres), Devinagar (187 acres), Bharonjia (101 acres), Ferozepur (17 acres) and Ratwara (1 acre).

GMADA is working on the lines of Chandigarh Housing Board where only Chandigarh residents can apply for housing schemes. A senior official said, “During the Aerocity urban estate, there was a lot of resentment among the residents of the state, so we have proposed the move. A final decision will be taken soon. We will also invite online applications for the Mullanpur estate. All those who have plots in Sectors 76 to 80 and Aerocity will be barred from applying for the urban estate.
    CommentQuote
  • So, you mean even people from other places in Punjab will not be eligible ? Thats really bad..

GMADA is working on the lines of Chandigarh Housing Board where only Chandigarh residents can apply for housing schemes. A senior official said, “During the Aerocity urban estate, there was a lot of resentment among the residents of the state, so we have proposed the move. A final decision will be taken soon. We will also invite online applications for the Mullanpur estate. All those who have plots in Sectors 76 to 80 and Aerocity will be barred from applying for the urban estate.
    CommentQuote
  • ^^^
    LOL no, residents of the state means- everyone from Punjab can apply.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks gurdial.. I was confused with the following statement : "only Chandigarh residents ", but not I understood..
    ^^^
    LOL no, residents of the state means- everyone from Punjab can apply.
    CommentQuote
  • Punjab domicile must for GMADA applications

MOHALI: Having faced major inconvenience in dealing with over 3.2 lakh applications for 4,000 plots in Aerocity housing project, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) plans to only allow people with Punjab domicile to apply for its upcoming residential projects like Mullanpur Urban Estate and IT City. Also, it plans to only accept online applications.

These decisions have rubbed aspirants living in Chandigarh and Panchkula the wrong way. Many of them are alleging that the decision was taken keeping in view the interests of two real estate majors currently building residential complexes in Mullanpur.

However, GMADA officials said the decision was taken after the process of allotment for Aerocity properties was completed and they had found that many property dealers had applied there and increased their workload.

GMADA estate officer Balbir Singh Dhol said, ''The property dealers' action pushed the number of applications and also reduced the chances of legitimate applicants for landing a plot in the project.''

''Property dealers not registered with GMADA were banned from applying for the plots, but they worked their way around the regulation and started hounding successful applicants to sell them their plots. With the new regulation, only persons with Punjab domicile would be able to apply or purchase a plot from a successful applicant.''

Kewal Krishan, a resident of Sector 2, Panchkula, said, ''It is clear that authorities want to help raise rates of properties being built by private developers by restricting the number of applicants to only those with Punjab domicile.''
    CommentQuote
  • gurdial, i understand Chandigarh residents can apply ( correct me, if i am wrong here ).

If, i am correct on the above, my question is, can i apply ( as a second applicant ), with somebody from Chandigarh being the first applicant ?
    CommentQuote