GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • That might be a genuine call from GMADA ofice to inquire something. Maybe address or something for posting of the draft or cheque. That may not be a hoax call..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Indigill
    I recd a call from someone on the number in India (Mom took it). They said they were calling from Gmada for the refund of my money for the Ecocity plot. She said i was out of station and can call them back if they give the number since i was expected to be available only from 24th. They said no worries, we will call on the 24th. Strange...........any comments ? Is it some sort of new fraud going on in Punjab ?????????

I hope they don't ask for 5K to process your refund.
    CommentQuote
  • I got mine - applied online
    CommentQuote
  • I got mine i applied online
    CommentQuote
  • got it. applied online
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the resonse tarungirdhar
    Ankur looks like it is geniune indeed as they are looking for people to apply again for the appartments. Hope to speak to them to get the refund as i will be off to India tomorrow.
    CommentQuote
  • Still anyone who has got the refund back through Draft ??? I guess all those who applied online have got the refund, but those who has applied through drafts are still to get their money back..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tarungirdhar
    Still anyone who has got the refund back through Draft ??? I guess all those who applied online have got the refund, but those who has applied through drafts are still to get their money back..

I have got my refund back via Axis bank check. I applied it via draft.
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone who is yet to recieve a refund? I have still not got mine (and am not on the waiting list)- wondering if I am the only one...
    I can never get through on the GMADA numbers. Any suggestions?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by reversion
    Anyone who is yet to recieve a refund? I have still not got mine (and am not on the waiting list)- wondering if I am the only one...
    I can never get through on the GMADA numbers. Any suggestions?

I know of couple of guys who still have not got their refund. They are planning to visit the GMADA office early next year.
    CommentQuote
  • Got mine whislt i was in India. Gmada sent me a cheque to my house address.
    CommentQuote
  • Did anyone get any update on ongoing premium for ecocity - As plot number have been allotted but i am not hearing much buzz ?

Any input - ?
    CommentQuote
  • The market is generally slow.

I am hearing premiums of 7-8 thousand for the larger plots but still almost no deals.

Believe things should pick up after elections (Mohali - Sector 99-110 area if congresss wins and Mullanpur if SAD!)

Originally Posted by ATLGUY
    Did anyone get any update on ongoing premium for ecocity - As plot number have been allotted but i am not hearing much buzz ?

Any input - ?
    CommentQuote
  • I found there was no buzz in India. No one was selling in Mullanpur and no one to buy. I think all eyes are on the elections at the moment. I am not sure what happens if Manpreets party becomes the king maker Mullanpur or Mohali :-)
    CommentQuote
  • That will be interesting to see :) Though my view is that there is very limited downside in Greater Mohali / Mullanpur. In India even in Grade C towns prices are not below 20-25 thousand and land is unlikely to go out of fashion :)

Originally Posted by Indigill
    I found there was no buzz in India. No one was selling in Mullanpur and no one to buy. I think all eyes are on the elections at the moment. I am not sure what happens if Manpreets party becomes the king maker Mullanpur or Mohali :-)
    CommentQuote