GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sbsbpo
    That will be interesting to see :) Though my view is that there is very limited downside in Greater Mohali / Mullanpur. In India even in Grade C towns prices are not below 20-25 thousand and land is unlikely to go out of fashion :)

Land will not go out of fashion but affordability will make it go out of reach. 25000 * 250 sq yds = 62.5 Lakhs

Now how many working class people today have this kind of cash available very few. While middle class has grown it has ways to go to reach this kind of affordability. By the way above is just for land we are not even talking about construction costs
    CommentQuote
  • Letters of intent on the way

Land-pooling beneficiaries await draw of lots
    Tribune News Service
    Mohali, February 5
    Even as the beneficiaries under the land-pooling scheme are waiting for the draw of lots for allotment of around 1,400 plots in Mullanpur Eco-City, the Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) has started issuing letters of intent (LOI) to successful allottees under the general category.
    Citing the model code of conduct, the Greater Mohali Area development Authority (GMADA) had delayed the draw of lot for the beneficiaries under the land-pooling scheme. Earlier, the draw was to be held in the third week of December, 2011.
    The landowners, who are beneficiaries under the land-pooling scheme, are crying foul as it had been stated by the GMADA officials that the LOIs for the general category and those opting for land pooling would be held simultaneously.
    In December, 2011 when the Land Acquisition Collector (LAC) had gone to take possession of the land for Eco-City, the landowners had prevented the LAC staff from taking over the possession as they had not been allotted plots under the land-pooling scheme. Initially, GMADA had held the draw of lots for 870 plots for general category applicants. Now, the draw of lots will be held for those whose land had been acquired for the Eco City project and Medicity. The beneficiaries will be given the plot number of their residential and commercial sites.
    CommentQuote
  • Any rumor or knowledge about when GMADA will issue the LOI or plot number of Ecociy. ?
    CommentQuote
  • Any Plots or Villas available for booking in Tricity

I am looking for a 500 sq yd plot or a readymade villa in a planned community, preferably built by a good builder with all amenities. Can you suggest which is the best area to buy, which builder and what are the rates.

I have come across options from ATS and Shipra in Dera Bassi and Emaar MGF and Ansal in Mohali on Kharar Landran road. How is the development on this road coming up?
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Friends,

I applied for 300yds. using bank finance and got the refund of Rs. 8000/- on 10th Jan. from the interest paid to bank.
    Bank: SBOP.

Others too check with banks before the Loan Staff leave the branch. ..
    CommentQuote
  • GMADA is charging 2.5% for transfer of LOI in the ECO CITY. Could someone clarify whether registration charges are also applicable on the transferred plot especially if it is a land pooling category plot.
    CommentQuote