GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Manoja ji,

As of now, GMADA is saying they will only allow Punjab domiciles. However, still nothing certain about whether they will let U.T resident apply. Things will be clear only once they notify the scheme.

As for applying as second applicant, I let you know about it tomorrow. Will ask my friend who is an Estate Officer.
    CommentQuote
  • I was in Chandigarh yesterday . Spoke to a few brokers on this . I was told that there is a strong possibility that Chandigarh residents would be allowed to apply .

Since, above was Broker's gibberish, really cannot go by it .
    CommentQuote
  • gurdial Bhai, any information on my query ?

Originally Posted by gurdial
    Manoja ji,

As of now, GMADA is saying they will only allow Punjab domiciles. However, still nothing certain about whether they will let U.T resident apply. Things will be clear only once they notify the scheme.

As for applying as second applicant, I let you know about it tomorrow. Will ask my friend who is an Estate Officer.
    CommentQuote
  • Manoja ji,

GMADA and PUDA did allow it in last couple of schemes. However, in Mullanpur they might raise an objection to the second applicant not being a state / U.T domicile.

Things will be clear only once they notify the scheme, right now even GMADA is not very sure about various clauses -lots of meeting taking place to decide how they will go about it.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks, gurdial Bhai .

Please update, whenever u get some new information on the above .
    CommentQuote
  • GMADA

Where from the concept of domicile has come.Anybody from India or abroad should be free to apply.
    CommentQuote
  • I firmly believe that it will be constitutionally incorrect that Indian nationals, other than from Punjab, are not allowed to apply for a plot.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshmea
    I firmly believe that it will be constitutionally incorrect that Indian nationals, other than from Punjab, are not allowed to apply for a plot.

:bab (45):What is the legal status of such a step to ban people outside Punjab to apply for forthcoming GMADA plots? Any comments on this issue?:bab (34)::D:o
    CommentQuote
  • Any update on this ? Did they finalized the dates ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sanjaykhanna
    Any update on this ? Did they finalized the dates ?

Most likely in Aug.
    CommentQuote
  • Do you think it is going to be good investment ? any updates on the dates ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    Do you think it is going to be good investment ? any updates on the dates ?

Without doubt if priced below 20k. This month most probably .
    CommentQuote
  • Mullanpur plots only for Punjab residents, proposes GMADA

Mullanpur plots only for Punjab residents, proposes GMADA

Mullanpur plots only for Punjab residents, proposes GMADA - Indian Express

No final decision yet, initial plan floated by authority after 60% of Aerocity allotted to outsiders; project likely to start month-end
    People who were dreaming of owning a house near Chandigarh and were pinning their hopes on Mullanpur Urban Estate may have to wait longer as the Greater Mohali Area Development Authority has proposed that allotment of plots in this project may be restricted to bona fide residents of Punjab.
    Though no final decision has been taken yet regarding allotment of plots only to residents of Punjab, the Mullanpur Urban Estate project is expected to start by this month-end.
    “The land has been acquired and we hope to float the project by month-end after all the formalities are completed,” Land Acqusition Collector Hargunjit Kaur said.
    The proposal to float the scheme only for residents of Punjab is being considered after GMADA had to face a lot of flak regarding the Aerocity project. Over 60% of the people allotted plots in Aerocity project were from outside Punjab.
    CommentQuote
  • The Mullanpur Urban Estate is set for an early September launch. The tentative price for the scheme is Rs 16,000 per square yard, as against Rs 12,000 per square yard for the Aerocity project. The total plots on offer here are 2,720 approximately, and with the land pooling scheme, only about 1,000 plots may be left for the general public. In addition, landowners whose property is being acquired for the Medicity project at Mullanpur will be given the same offer of land pooling within the urban estate. This has squeezed the number of plots available for the general public here. A total of 20 acres belonging to about 200 landowners have been acquired for the urban estate project. For the Medicity project, land is being acquired from about 100-150 landowners. GMADA officials say landowners who opt for the pooling scheme will be offered the letter of intent within three to four months.
    CommentQuote
  • What about the clause that only residents of Punjab can apply ? Is something similar going to be there ?
    CommentQuote