GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I totally agreed that Govt. scheme should be available to all Indians irrespective of which state they belong to.

Here I have one question is it possible to resale/transfer the plot to non-punjabi in future?

If yes then at least someone who is non punjabi can purchase in resale.

Thanks,
    Krishan
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, good question, but i suppose GMADA will not have any control on the resale, like any A,B,C or D from anywhere would be able to buy in resale .
    Originally Posted by krishan
    I totally agreed that Govt. scheme should be available to all Indians irrespective of which state they belong to.

Here I have one question is it possible to resale/transfer the plot to non-punjabi in future?

Thanks,
    Krishan
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by krishan
    I totally agreed that Govt. scheme should be available to all Indians irrespective of which state they belong to.

Thanks,
    Krishan

Even GMADA is not that dumb to impose such a condition. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurdial
    Even GMADA is not that dumb to impose such a condition. :)

Thanks for clarification, but still this is required to clear from actual sources rather than based on only our own thinking.

Thanks,
    Krishan
    CommentQuote
  • I am not sure why they have made a restriction of being a Punjab resident only. I think they are worried because of Aero city response. Acc. to them the plots were acquired by many outsiders or investors whose purpose is to earn profit in resale and not the end user. They are using this end user Phrase again and again. This sometimes seems logical also.I too live in Panchkula. If HUDA offer some plots and I am end user, I would like that only Haryana resident should be allowed so that possibility of me getting a much needed home is more. What u say?

Anybody can see the fate of housing socities on VIP road , the occupancy ratio is very low inspite of the fact that many socities possesion is already given to customers. Reason may be that many were bought by property dealers and they want to resell but no prospective customers bcz of the ever rising inflation spending power is less, decreasing demand and high interest rates.
    I may be wrong. Please correct if i am.

Another question to experts, there was a talk of a bill which will make property transactions to be done in white only. is it true??????
    CommentQuote
  • I think GMADA should have allowed residents of Haryana or atleast that of Panchkula to apply, as in future people of Mohali could be deprived a chance of investing in HUDA. Very retrograde step to have different sets of rules for people in the same Urban sprawl.

Rising inflation and depreciating rupee will only result in escalation of prices in the short to medium term. Forcing end users to buy inflated dream homes.

As for a Bill to make all RE transaction in white would be great move, though don't know how it will be achieved. Govts could follow the Gujarat model of bring circle rate equal to market rate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vivek1984
    I am not sure why they have made a restriction of being a Punjab resident only. I think they are worried because of Aero city response. Acc. to them the plots were acquired by many outsiders or investors whose purpose is to earn profit in resale and not the end user. They are using this end user Phrase again and again. This sometimes seems logical also.I too live in Panchkula. If HUDA offer some plots and I am end user, I would like that only Haryana resident should be allowed so that possibility of me getting a much needed home is more. What u say?

Anybody can see the fate of housing socities on VIP road , the occupancy ratio is very low inspite of the fact that many socities possesion is already given to customers. Reason may be that many were bought by property dealers and they want to resell but no prospective customers bcz of the ever rising inflation spending power is less, decreasing demand and high interest rates.
    I may be wrong. Please correct if i am.

Another question to experts, there was a talk of a bill which will make property transactions to be done in white only. is it true??????

I agree with your facts. This is one of the measure taken by GMADA to for the genuine buyers.

About the White money bill i have no idea. In case it is true than it is a good move from the Government as most of the black money is dumped in real estate.
    CommentQuote
  • GMADA to follow the same payment schedule in Ecocity as in Aerocity

-Authority reverts to payment schedule through installments staggered over 3 years.

-30% (including 10% earnest money) to be paid within 30 days after LoI is issued

-Remaining 65% of plot cost to be paid in 6 monthly installments

- Around 40% of the plots in each category would be reserved.

Plot size No. of plots

(sq yd)

100--------200

200--------200

300--------100

400--------120

500--------120

Looks like the hidden hand has played its ace.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Gurdial,

How should I interpret this news, Should i be happy or sad, I am not able to understand.

Many Thanks
    Vivek
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vivek1984
    Hi Gurdial,

How should I interpret this news, Should i be happy or sad, I am not able to understand.

Many Thanks
    Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Happy if you are one of the lucky ones to get a plot, whether you are playing for premium or investing for the long term. For loan funded purchases the burden of EMI would be reduced and in case of down payment one would not lose interest on capital until you get possession.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Gurdial.

For time being I am happy. Let them begin the process.
    CommentQuote
  • Details of the scheme

Eco City Phase 1 details now available on GMADA Site

http://www.gmada.gov.in/ecocity/ecocity.pdf
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by singh83
    Eco City Phase 1 details now available on GMADA Site

http://www.gmada.gov.in/ecocity/ecocity.pdf

Thanks for sharing.
    CommentQuote
  • Confused about the 5 year residence of punjab or chandigarh

Dear Members, Kindly help.
    After seeing through the document.
    I'm really confused how through the 3 out of 10) documents it establishes that person is residing in punjab or chd for last 5 years.
    they h've asked 1 . birth cert .2 matriculation cert 3.passport address 4.driving licence etc etc .
    All these provided can say that person might have been resident of chandigarh or ex-resident of chandigarh/punjab but they do not ensure that person is residing in chd for last 5 years.

They did not make clear as whether are they asking for bonafide residents or ex residens of punjab.chd are also eligible to apply. kindly provide your valuable suggestions.
    thanks raj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raj_kumar1
    Dear Members, Kindly help.
    After seeing through the document.
    I'm really confused how through the 3 out of 10) documents it establishes that person is residing in punjab or chd for last 5 years.
    they h've asked 1 . birth cert .2 matriculation cert 3.passport address 4.driving licence etc etc .
    All these provided can say that person might have been resident of chandigarh or ex-resident of chandigarh/punjab but they do not ensure that person is residing in chd for last 5 years.

They did not make clear as whether are they asking for bonafide residents or ex residens of punjab.chd are also eligible to apply. kindly provide your valuable suggestions.
    thanks raj

Please again read the clause carefully there OR in between two statements.If you are resident of Punjab or residing for 5 years in Punjab or Chandigarh then you are eligible.
    CommentQuote