GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by MrSingh
    Please again read the clause carefully there OR in between two statements.If you are resident of Punjab or residing for 5 years in Punjab or Chandigarh then you are eligible.

Dear Sir, thanks so much for your reply . it say "The applicant must be a Resident of Punjab or Chandigarh as defined by Govt. or has been residing
    in Punjab for the last 5 years and must be at least 18 years old on the last date of submission of the
    application. "

So my doubt was that those who were once resident of punjab but now have moved to other state. Are they eligible to apply. I remained resident of chandigarh(for 10 years) until year 2000. And now i have moved to other state, so Am I eligible to apply. Please advise. thanks so much
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raj_kumar1
    Dear Sir, thanks so much for your reply . it say "The applicant must be a Resident of Punjab or Chandigarh as defined by Govt. or has been residing
    in Punjab for the last 5 years and must be at least 18 years old on the last date of submission of the
    application. "

So my doubt was that those who were once resident of punjab but now have moved to other state. Are they eligible to apply. I remained resident of chandigarh(for 10 years) until year 2000. And now i have moved to other state, so Am I eligible to apply. Please advise. thanks so much

Hi,

My understanding on the issue is as below.

1) In the full brochure available on the Gmada site, the following is mentioned under "terms and conditions of allotment"

"The applicant must be a Resident of Punjab or Chandigarh as defined by Govt. or has been residing
    application."

Please note it says "last 5 years", so in my opinion you will need to be resident in the year 2011.

2) As far as the 10 proofs are concerned, the brochure says

"3 out of the following 10 documents to establish 5 year residence of Punjab or Chandigarh as on last date
    of application:"

I think you will need to show proofs such that they establish that you were resident in Chandigarh 2006 (or even before 2006) and are still resident in Chandigarh in 2011.

E.g. Driving Licence Made in 2002, Passport made in 2007 and latest tele bill of December 2011 (Or whenever the documents are required).

I think they will need at least one of the proofs to be less than 3 months old from the date of submitting documents.

However it is best to confirm with someone in the department if you have some contacts.
    CommentQuote
  • Then there is one more thing for NRI's
    "Valid passport & documentary evidence to prove own/father’s/grand father’s Birth in Punjab" .. I really don't understand on this. Suppose my father is punjab born but i'm educated all throughout in abroad. then Am I eligible to apply? even if my father doesn't own property in punjab.

they(GMADA) should have FAQ as well to clearly define yes and no.
    CommentQuote
    Then there is one more thing for NRI's
    "Valid passport & documentary evidence to prove own/father’s/grand father’s Birth in Punjab" .. I really don't understand on this. Suppose my father is punjab born but i'm educated all throughout in abroad. then Am I eligible to apply? even if my father doesn't own property in punjab.

As per the brouchure, the one who are resident of Punjab can provide a single document of proof. Please read the follwing phrase.

"Residence certificate of Punjab or Chandigarh issued by Competent Authority (Tehsildar
    concerned)"

The other proofs 3 out of 10 might be valid for the one who are not born and brought up in Punjab and living there from last 5 years or who were born there but moved to other states for their job and all.
    CommentQuote
  • apply online

the brochure says visit the site to apply online, do anyone has idea how to apply online, i tried for just a few mins but could nt get that
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by richhaah
    the brochure says visit the site to apply online, do anyone has idea how to apply online, i tried for just a few mins but could nt get that

Online option should be available from 21th onwards.
    CommentQuote
    Then there is one more thing for NRI's

As long as an NRI can prove that he or his father or grand father was born in Punjab by producing above documents, he is eligible to apply. The 5 year clause does not apply to him.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you Gurdial Ji for the information. I would like to discuss the agenda behind this. on one side GMADA says only Punjab/chd residents and on another side the inviting NRI(non residents). What could be the motive behind this and I hope this project purpose is not just to collect hard earned money of people and in return endless wait.
    CommentQuote
    Thank you Gurdial Ji for the information. I would like to discuss the agenda behind this. on one side GMADA says only Punjab/chd residents and on another side the inviting NRI(non residents). What could be the motive behind this and I hope this project purpose is not just to collect hard earned money of people and in return endless wait.

GMADA maybe off in delivering the project by a year or so, other than that I don't see any other issue with Ecocity. Like last time, unsuccessful applicants would get back their earnest money back in 6-8 months after the draw.

As for allowing NRIs, Punjab govt usually always makes provisions to include them in their schemes under sons of the soil policy.

Concerning restricting people on the basis of their domicile is move that lacks foresight on the part of GMADA.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • GMADA online application window is open now.

ECO CITY (PHASE-1), NEW CHANDIGARH
    CommentQuote
  • looks very easy to fill.

Thanks to gmada for this good initiative...really very helpful for working professionals.

thanks
    Ricky
    CommentQuote
  • hard copy application is available in which bank branches. Where is the list of bank branches where these hard copy forms are available?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sharmafire
    hard copy application is available in which bank branches. Where is the list of bank branches where these hard copy forms are available?

Download the brochure, it has the list of banks.
    CommentQuote
  • Payment for GMADA's Mullanpur plots

Yaar Gurdial, do you have any idea of financing by the banks for the initial amount as was done last time ? I mean the interest for 10% of the initial payment was taken by the banks and payments made for individual applications. Is that happening this time as well? I would rather not do the instant transfer of money for the two plots i want to apply for me and my mother but rahter pay the interest for the moment. Sitting in UK it is hard to get such information.

Thanks,
    Indi
    CommentQuote