GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur

Phase-I of Urban Estate to have 2,800 plots, to also develop Medicity over 125 acres

High on the success of Aerocity, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) is all set to float a scheme for freehold residential plots in phase-I of its Urban Estate at Mullanpur.

In addition, GMADA has also set aside 125 acres for Medicity, a hub of the finest services in hospital care, to encourage medical tourism potential in the region.

Phase-I of Mullanpur will cover 400 acres approximately offering 2,800 plots, and will comprise two sectors. Urban Estate phase-I is at a distance of near 7 kilometers from PGI.

Medicity, located a little ahead of phase-I on the opposite side of the road going from PGI to Mullanpur, is about 8 kms from PGI.

Price of the plots to be offered in this prized residential destination, very close to Chandigarh, will be about 30 per cent higher than the price charged by GMADA for plots in Aerocity.

GMADA’s phase-I scheme will have plots in diverse sizes, like 100 square yards (4 marla), 200 square yards (8 marla), 300 square yards (12 marla), 400 square yards (16 marla) and 500 square yards (1 kanal). There will be 400 to 700 plots in each category. The plots in smaller sizes will be offered in larger numbers.

Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I may also offer 100 plots measuring 1,000 square yards. In the Aerocity project, the maximum size of the plot was 500 square yards only.

GMADA is developing Mullanpur as an independent integrated township. The authority wanted to launch the phase-I project earlier, but it was delayed due to litigation by some of the owners from whom land was acquired. It was resolved a few days ago. Since all the land acquired for phase-I has now been acquired, GMADA is drawing up the final plans for announcing the scheme.

For Mullanpur Urban Estate phase-I, GMADA has laid emphasis on better planning of the layout and infrastructure. Officials said there has been a conscious effort to provide more green areas and parks.

Within the residential area, too, wider roads have been provided. The streets are laid out straight. In order to avoid traffic congestion, the major commercial area and the institutional area of the sector do not run midway through it.

Officials say that space for schools, colleges and hospitals has been provided as per town planning norms.

GMADA officials said since security is now a major issue in the tricity, the Mullanpur phase-I has been planned in such a way that at night only one entry point will be kept open, manned by a security guard.

It expects good response to Mullanpur phase-I too. At present, land is being acquired for Medicity, and also phase-II of the Mullanpur Urban Estate. Phase-II is slightly smaller than phase-I, and covers 350 acres approximately.

GMADA to offer residential plots at Mullanpur - Indian Express
Read more
306 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by reversion
    I am an NRI. Never lived in Punjab, but was born in Chandigarh.
    Reading the criteria, it seems like such cases will be eligible, but I am not 100% sure. What do you think?
    The risk is that if one is successful and GMADA says that eligibility conditions are violated, one can lose the earnest money!

If you have any of the below mentioned proofs, then you are clearly eligible. Nothing to worry.

Valid passport & documentary evidence to prove own/father’s/grand father’s Birth in Punjab or Chandigarh or proof of ownership of immovable property in Punjab or Chandigarh on the date of application in case of NRIs / PIOs / OCIs registered as per law.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, my passport has Chandigarh as birthplace.
    Thanks for the re-assurance :)
    I will apply and try my luck!
    CommentQuote
  • Could you please send me the details that how many plots availble in different sizes

HI Gurdial ,

Could you please send me the details that how many plots availble in different sizes

100 Sq yard =
    200 sq yard=
    300 sq yard=
    400 sq yard=
    500 sq yard=

Originally Posted by gurdial
    GMADA online application window is open now.

ECO CITY (PHASE-1), NEW CHANDIGARH
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sbhardwajl
    HI Gurdial ,

Could you please send me the details that how many plots availble in different sizes

100 Sq yard =
    200 sq yard=
    300 sq yard=
    400 sq yard=
    500 sq yard=

Download the Brochure from the online application link. It has the details about the plots.

ECO CITY (PHASE-1), NEW CHANDIGARH
    CommentQuote
  • Gurdial ji and other members ,

If a person has Punjab domicile or any three documents (out of 10) with Punjab address , will he be eligible to apply even though he is not residing in Punjab from last 2 years ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sanjaykhanna
    Gurdial ji and other members ,

If a person has Punjab domicile or any three documents (out of 10) with Punjab address , will he be eligible to apply even though he is not residing in Punjab from last 2 years ?

If you can get a Punjab resident certificate from a Tehseidaar, then you don't need anything else. In all other cases you have to be residing in Punjab since last 5 years. (Unless you are a NRI)
    CommentQuote
  • Eco city receives low response on the first day

Eco City receives low response on first day - Indian Express

The first day of the sale of brochures of Greater Mohali’s Area Development Authority’s (GMADA) ‘Eco City’ project saw a mixed response from prospective buyers.

Punjab National Bank, PNB, Phase 7, sold 24 forms on the first day while Kotak Mahindra Bank sold over 100 forms. Many of the banks are yet to send the brochures to all their branches and are currently only available at their main branches.

The 12 banks selected by GMADA started the sale of application brochures from Wednesday, but seem to be holding back their cards when it came to the decision on the rate of interest at which the banks were going to provide loans for the applicants.

Many believe that the banks are playing the waiting game and will declare the rate of interest only when one of their competitors declares their offer. Similarly, the duration for which the interest will be charged is yet to be declared. Experts believe that the rate of interest will vary between 10-12 percent.

Speaking to Newsline, I D Dhiman, Senior Manager, PNB, Phase 7, said, “Within a day or two the brochures will be available at all our branches. The rate of interest will be decided within two or three days as we have to get more information regarding the loan.”

The banks believe that the applicants will not be taking loans at such an early stage. According to them the maximum will apply in the closing days of the scheme.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sanjaykhanna
    Gurdial ji and other members ,

As Ankur said, as long as you have the documentary proof, it does not matter where you reside now. Just don`t publicize the same during scrutiny ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AnkurPune
    Eco City receives low response on first day - Indian Express

The first day of the sale of brochures of Greater Mohali’s Area Development Authority’s (GMADA) ‘Eco City’ project saw a mixed response from prospective buyers.

Punjab National Bank, PNB, Phase 7, sold 24 forms on the first day while Kotak Mahindra Bank sold over 100 forms. Many of the banks are yet to send the brochures to all their branches and are currently only available at their main branches.

The 12 banks selected by GMADA started the sale of application brochures from Wednesday, but seem to be holding back their cards when it came to the decision on the rate of interest at which the banks were going to provide loans for the applicants.

Many believe that the banks are playing the waiting game and will declare the rate of interest only when one of their competitors declares their offer. Similarly, the duration for which the interest will be charged is yet to be declared. Experts believe that the rate of interest will vary between 10-12 percent.

Speaking to Newsline, I D Dhiman, Senior Manager, PNB, Phase 7, said, “Within a day or two the brochures will be available at all our branches. The rate of interest will be decided within two or three days as we have to get more information regarding the loan.”

The banks believe that the applicants will not be taking loans at such an early stage. According to them the maximum will apply in the closing days of the scheme.

Hopefully, this trend should continue(fingers crossed).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurdial

Hope so :)

One of my friends went to see the Mullanpur area. He said that the DLF plots are just next to Chandigarh (About 2-3 Kms from PGI) and on a wide road. Then there is a barrier and narrow road after that and then another barrier. The Eco City is actually after crossing the Mullanpur village. (About 7-8 Kilometers from PGI). He said that you can reach DLF plots very quickly but due to the barriers and then thin road / village it takes time to reached the proposed Eco city site.

I am wondering if the DLF plots which are just next to Chandigarh are costing 25 - 26 K per sq yard (Correct me if I am wrong but this is the figure I have heard), is the price of Eco city plots at 19,000 justified?

I mean if it almost near market price then would it be better to go for DLF plots rather than try your luck in a lottery?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurdial

Personally I believe Eco city will not see the same kind of Hype as was seen during Aero city times. High interest rates coupled with property market declining 10 - 20 % in Chandigarh should have some effect.

Also what effects would elections have on the schemes. One of my friends from Patiala scared me by saying that if the government from a different party is formed then they stop all schemes started by last Govt or delay them significantly. Is it true?
    CommentQuote
  • Govt schemes dont get deferred much when the new parties come in because the final signing authority is GMADA not Punjab govt(Some would debate that Head of GMADA is CM but CM can't stop GMADA stuff without distorting the image of its party significantly which they never want). The problems come only with approvals of private builders etc because new govt will demand their share of money as well.

Thats the main reason of Govt colonies (Aero city / Eco City) commanding much more premium than the private colonizers that they are relatively risk free !!
    CommentQuote
    Hope so :)

One of my friends went to see the Mullanpur area. He said that the DLF plots are just next to Chandigarh (About 2-3 Kms from PGI) and on a wide road. Then there is a barrier and narrow road after that and then another barrier. The Eco City is actually after crossing the Mullanpur village. (About 7-8 Kilometers from PGI). He said that you can reach DLF plots very quickly but due to the barriers and then thin road / village it takes time to reached the proposed Eco city site.

I am wondering if the DLF plots which are just next to Chandigarh are costing 25 - 26 K per sq yard (Correct me if I am wrong but this is the figure I have heard), is the price of Eco city plots at 19,000 justified?

I mean if it almost near market price then would it be better to go for DLF plots rather than try your luck in a lottery?

DLF has acquired a large area in Mullanpur, the plots you are referring to is Phase-1 which is behind Eco city. The land nearer Chandigarh would be sold as phase-3 or 4 and at much higher rate thats what I have been led to believe. Eco city is still available at quite a discount compared to Hyde Park. The map below should point to the location of phase-1.

CommentQuote
    Personally I believe Eco city will not see the same kind of Hype as was seen during Aero city times. High interest rates coupled with property market declining 10 - 20 % in Chandigarh should have some effect.

Also what effects would elections have on the schemes. One of my friends from Patiala scared me by saying that if the government from a different party is formed then they stop all schemes started by last Govt or delay them significantly. Is it true?

Whether Eco city gets a big response or not is immaterial for me. If I`m lucky enough to land a plot, I intend to hold it for the medium to long term. I`m bullish on the area as a whole and done lots of research for the same.

Change of govt will have little impact on Mullanpur, things have already set in motion. Its not like DLF, Omaxe and other developers will pack their bags and leave if congress comes to power. Picture the area 6-7 years down the line.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jatinderchd
    Govt schemes dont get deferred much when the new parties come in because the final signing authority is GMADA not Punjab govt(Some would debate that Head of GMADA is CM but CM can't stop GMADA stuff without distorting the image of its party significantly which they never want). The problems come only with approvals of private builders etc because new govt will demand their share of money as well.

Thats the main reason of Govt colonies (Aero city / Eco City) commanding much more premium than the private colonizers that they are relatively risk free !!

Whether Eco city gets a big response or not is immaterial for me. If I`m lucky enough to land a plot, I intend to hold it for the medium to long term. I`m bullish on the area as a whole and done lots of research for the same.

Change of govt will have little impact on Mullanpur, things have already set in motion. Its not like DLF, Omaxe and other developers with pack their bags are leave if congress comes to power. Picture the area 6-7 years down the line.

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. So it would be riskier to invest in DLF rather than Gmada schemes.

DLF has acquired a large area in Mullanpur, the plots you are referring to is Phase-1 which is behind Eco city. The land nearer Chandigarh would be sold as phase-3 or 4 and at much higher rate thats what I have been led to believe. Eco city is still available at quite a discount compared to Hyde Park. The map below should point to the location of phase-1.

I am planning to visit the Mullanpur area this weekend and look at it myself. If possible I will try to get a few pics and share it on the forum
    CommentQuote