Hello Guys,

I have been reading the forums from quite some time mainly in Gurgaon region. I am thinking of investing in plots in and around chandigarh area. I dont have much information about Chandigarh even though I been to Chd couple of times. I live in UK and today I went to HDFC India Home Fair in London and thinking of choosing one unit from below 2 options

1. Emaar Hills plots, sector 105 (300 Sq Yd)

BSP = 27K - (2k discount) = 25K (-2 % discount)
PLC = 10% - 12.5%

2. Ireo Plots in Sector 98 (240 Sq Yd)

BSP = 25K (-2.5 % discount)
PLC = no idea yet

For both projects, we have to pay the whole amount in 18 months (i.e. in 9 installments i.e. every 2 months).

Senior members please advice what would be best option from above 2 for investment perspective ONLY. If the above 2 options are not very attractive, could someone please advice what would be best option in plot in CHD area (e.g CHD, Zirakpur, Panchkula, Derabasi, Mohali etc)

Thanks in advance.

Anuj
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/emaar-mgf/t-emaar-mgf-complaints-16441.html

Read this thread.

Emaar is selling its projects in Mohali since 2007 at least. How many properties they have handed over to customers in last 4 years?
    CommentQuote
  • Mr Punjabi ji,

I am aware of that (thanks for pointing the same again) and of course no builder is devata here, sab ch*r hein.....

I am looking to invest in plots and not in flats or apartments....Are you suggesting to avoid emmar plam hills plots ? if that is the case, ireo is the only option or can u suggest something else ?

Cheers
    Anuj

Originally Posted by ThePunjabi
    http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/emaar-mgf/t-emaar-mgf-complaints-16441.html

Read this thread.

Emaar is selling its projects in Mohali since 2007 at least. How many properties they have handed over to customers in last 4 years?
    CommentQuote
  • I have no other suggestion. Sorry for the offense.

I somehow missed the point that this thread was for gungaan of Emaar and Ireo.
    CommentQuote
  • Well, this post is not for gungaan of emaar or ireo.... I am new to RE and heard of these names 2 months back...:) I dont care whether it is emaar, dlf, raheja, ireo, or any other XYZZZ

I clearly asked in my post of any other investment option in plots if ireo plots or emmar plots are not best...

Senior members please advice....Thanks

Originally Posted by ThePunjabi
    I have no other suggestion. Sorry for the offense.

I somehow missed the point that this thread was for gungaan of Emaar and Ireo.
    CommentQuote
  • Anuj,

I would recommend

1) Either buying Aerocity. Alottment price was 12k. Premium will be in the range of 18-22K. Advantage is that location will be great.

2) I personally like Emaar Sector 105. You maybe better off if you buy in re-sale for the plots alotted previously (2006) - the prices were 11,500. You can get for a premium of about 10k so will pay about 21.5k + lower PLC etc since thats linked to the basic. If cash flow is not a challenge - pick this up. You can get a 400 sq yard one for almost the same as you will pay for 300 sq yard. Given the Mall , the location of the sector and the way its coming up - I think Sector 105 will be among the best in years to come.

Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hello Guys,

I have been reading the forums from quite some time mainly in Gurgaon region. I am thinking of investing in plots in and around chandigarh area. I dont have much information about Chandigarh even though I been to Chd couple of times. I live in UK and today I went to HDFC India Home Fair in London and thinking of choosing one unit from below 2 options

1. Emaar Hills plots, sector 105 (300 Sq Yd)

BSP = 27K - (2k discount) = 25K (-2 % discount)
    PLC = 10% - 12.5%

2. Ireo Plots in Sector 98 (240 Sq Yd)

BSP = 25K (-2.5 % discount)
    PLC = no idea yet

For both projects, we have to pay the whole amount in 18 months (i.e. in 9 installments i.e. every 2 months).

Senior members please advice what would be best option from above 2 for investment perspective ONLY. If the above 2 options are not very attractive, could someone please advice what would be best option in plot in CHD area (e.g CHD, Zirakpur, Panchkula, Derabasi, Mohali etc)

Thanks in advance.

Anuj
    CommentQuote
  • hi Anuj2703
    Don't get confused, u can consider pearl city sector 100 project. Its a fantastic project with reputed builder and will give maximum return in the 2-3yrs time frame.
    CommentQuote
  • pawang, What is the rate for pearl city sector 100 ?

Originally Posted by pawang42
    hi Anuj2703
    Don't get confused, u can consider pearl city sector 100 project. Its a fantastic project with reputed builder and will give maximum return in the 2-3yrs time frame.
    CommentQuote