Safest and profitable ongoing project in tricity that you think

Last updated: April 3 2012
31 | Posts
5372 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safest and profitable ongoing project in tricity that you think

To help all of us to make better investment decision lets name the safest and profitable ongoing project in tricity, under 5 diff areas--purely for investment purpose....wait time 4-5 years

1. Greater Mohali area + S120 onwards

2. Mullanpur

3. Zirakpur

4. Panchkula

5. Others

Thanks,
    Ricky

Re : Safest and profitable ongoing project in tricity that you think

My order of preference would be:-

1. Mullanpur- Good play for decent upside. Investment with reputed names should be safe. I personally have two investments here.

2. Panchkula- expensive but safe. If one is happy with avg returns this is good place to invest and then rent.

3. Greater Mohali area + S120 onwards- Can be a good play in times to come.

4. Zirakpur- I`m skeptical about the area. One odd project might shine.

Comment

Thanks for valuable info Gurdial.
      Sorry If I was not clear but my intention was to name the safest and profitable on going project in 5 diff areas in tricity.

Here are my names:

Ireo/AeroCity/S123

2. Mullanpur
      DLF/Ecocity

3. Zirakpur
      Cant comment

4. Panchkula
      HUDA's new sector

5. Others

Originally posted by gurdial View Post
      My order of preference would be:-

1. Mullanpur- Good play for decent upside. Investment with reputed names should be safe. I personally have two investments here.

2. Panchkula- expensive but safe. If one is happy with avg returns this is good place to invest and then rent.

3. Greater Mohali area + S120 onwards- Can be a good play in times to come.

4. Zirakpur- I`m skeptical about the area. One odd project might shine.
      Thanks,
      Ricky

Comment

Where do v place aerocity

Comment

Hi Harsimran,

I have put it under
          Ireo/AeroCity/S123

Thanks,
          Ricky

Comment

Got it now Ricky.

My safe bets which could see decent apperication would be-

Mullanpur area

1. DLF- I know there been a lot of talk on the forum that this company may go under, I personally feel this seems improbable. Short term 15-20% correction might happen but when and if it happen is anyones guess. Over all this is a great project and can give a decent upside. I have an investment in this.

2. Eco-city- One really cannot go wrong with this. Whether they would delivery development at par with DLF remains to be seen. I think they would.

3. IAS-PCS Society- This is the best and safest investment. Development work has been completed and it has a great lay out. I have an investment in this project. Though its kind of an exclusive club and a bit difficult to get it. However, there are plots for sale- though
            one would need deep pockets.

Greater Mohali

1. Aerocity- Another good projects to invest in. Would see pretty good upside in times to come. No potential risk.

2. S123- Affordable and I feel sooner or later there would be a natural flow of people looking for value buys. Will put it as low risk in the longer term.

3. Ireo- Even though I like the lay out but some how not convinced about it. Someone who has studied this project in detailed would provide better insight.

Panchkula

HUDA`s new sectors- decent safe bet but I feel return would be at best avg compared to others.

Zirakpur

I don`t find anything worth while here.
            Last edited March 15 2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Here are my picks.

Panchkula : DLF and Ireo are safe bets with a potential to increase further.There is a dam being built and HUDA sectors will be coming.This are where DLF and Ireo are located is a prime location as compared to other sectors.Land is scarce so prices will appreciate further.This will be a shorterm investment if someone wants to make quick money.

Mullanpur:Many projects DLF,Ecocity,MS,Omaxe.I would only recommend DLF and Ecocity.Price will appreciate when things are developed and thus it may be a long term investment time horizon 5-7 years.

Mohali:New sectors that includes Ireo,Emmar and Aerocity.

Comment

I like what Gurdial says except the fact, most of the projects like DLF, Aerocity, IREO are alredy in overhype and the profit margins are looking low. People have already increased the prices of these places in anticipation and for someone who wants to invest at this stage, very little juice is left.

I would rather go for S123/124/125 stretch. Since they are not fully developed, there is potential for profit to be made there. The bypass has been in limbo and the whole area has been under shadow as to will it be under Kharar municipal or GMADA. Either way if a long term investment is made in this area at this time, there is a potential for money to be made.

Mullanpur has gone into dirty waters. With so many developers with dubious intentions, it has left a bitter taste in people's mouth. I think Ecocity like Aerocity would be the safest bet for the long term investment.
                Last edited March 15 2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

." Aerocity- Another good projects to invest in. Would see pretty good upside in times to come. No potential risk."

- Aerocity was dead for a while - Development are happening now and I am seeing buzz in market. When i checked last in Oct - Premium was 16K to 18K and I am seeing people posting 20K-22K now .

- Ecocity was also stagnant and I am suddenly seeing some activity - I don't have Confirmation on new premium ( however my research says around 10K for 1 kanal)

My personnel take is- Both are govt backed safe projects so we know upfront what are we are getting into vs unknown with Private builders

Comment

Though I am lil skeptical about Mullanpur area but w/ Sukhbir back in office we may see some momentum over there (its their baby so they will make sure it wont fail). Though it will definitely take lot of time to develop, more than what we are anticipating.

Coming back to original topic:

Mullanpur;

1. DLF- Agree w/ you Gurdial, its not going to be bankcorrupt. Whenever RE companies buy huge land they will be obviously under debt but then they sell it and make profit..its a cycle. And on the rebate offer to diff sections is just their marketing strategy. They have 100+ plus project going on so if they offer discount on 10 projects that doesn’t mean they are going down..we are reading too much out of it…sometime instead of slashing price they go for discount to sell their inventory.

K.P Singh’s response on DLF debt Qs:

Your net debt has risen.

“The interview is not about that but I’ll explain to you. In a manufacturing business, you incur debt to buy machines, build a factory and buy raw material and pay interest on it. The faster a manufacturer turns around his working capital (turns raw material into finished product) the higher is his margin. Any delay in product delivery will turn the environment counter productive for him.
                    However, in real estate it’s the other way round. You have to see the quality of debt. A developer incurs debt on two things in real estate—when he wants to make a building and rent it out. And when he wants to buy land from the borrowed money. In the first case, the financials of the company will show it as a debt. However, since there is a rental return from the building that he has built, he does not bother about the debt. In the second case, when he buys land, he is actually collecting raw material for the development. Land is the raw material in real estate. It is seen historically, the more you sit on land, the more money you make. Smart people look 10 years ahead and develop a land bank. It is how you view debt in real estate.But there may be bad debts too. There is a difference between a success story and failure of a developer. Some people must be stuck, I’m sure. But at DLF... our people are smart and we’ve remained ahead of the curve. So the debt doesn’t worry us frankly. “

2. Eco-city- It’s a Govt baby…so definitely safe bet you will find lot of buyers (safe zone)

3. IAS-PCS Society- Very expensive, so I won’t consider it for investment. BTW what the ongoing rate Gurdial ?

Greater Mohali

1. Aerocity- same as mentioned for Eco city.

2. S123--Rate is less, reliable builder and their layout is impressive plus w/ Eco city-2 launch in news definitely good buy.

3. Ireo- The location is awesome, proposed green area (ROSE Garden of Mohali.) and city center are just one block away. So far the reputation of builder is gr8, check their ongoing projects in gurgaon…u will be impressed by quality and deliverables. The other plus point is you just need to pay 30% in first installment rest based on development progress (It’s a development linked plan).

The ongoing rate of close by sectors on Mohali side is 70k.

Panchkula

HUDA`s new sectors-Safe bet but will take time to develop.

Zirakpur

Definitely ppl are making money there but its congested and more of end users kind..

Thanks,
                    Ricky

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X