Last payment delayed : Imposed heavy fine by company without any basis

Last updated: December 29 2018
3 | Posts
652 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last payment delayed : Imposed heavy fine by company without any basis

I own a plot in TDI infra. I was making timely payments as and when requested but I missed making the last payment due to some reason.

Company never sent me the reminder for the last payment after that.

Now, they have imposed a heavy fine of Rs.1.8 lac while there no mention in any agreement or terms of conditions of any such fine on late payment. Nor company has explained how the number of 1.8 Lac is finalised.

Possesion would only be offered after I pay the fine.

Have tried talking to company about this but they are adament about the fine.

Shall I approach consumer court?
    Last edited December 29 2018, 11:18 AM.

Re : Last payment delayed : Imposed heavy fine by company without any basis

Originally posted by amarsingh19 View Post
    I own a plot in TDI infra. I was making timely payments as and when requested but I missed making the last payment due to some reason.

Now, they have imposed a heavy fine of Rs.1.8 lac while there no mention in any agreement or terms of conditions of any such fine on late payment. Nor company has explained how the number of 1.8 Lac is finalised.

Which Project of TDI is this plot? Can u specify the name & location of the Project?

...........& do read your agreement/BBA with the Builder. There would be an interest clause on delay in payments.
    Last edited December 29 2018, 11:20 AM.
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post

Which Project of TDI is this plot? Can u specify the name & location of the Project?

...........& do read your agreement with the Builder. There would be an interest clause on delay in payments.
      Its not in gurgaon but in chandigarh. But chandigarh forum is dead so posted here to seek expert advice.

No, there is no mention of delayed payments interest.

Comment

Its not in gurgaon but in chandigarh. But chandigarh forum is dead so posted here to seek expert advice.

No, there is no mention of delayed payments interest.
        Moving the thread to Chandigarh sub forum. What is the exact name & location of this Project? Is the location Mohali ?

If there is nothing on interest on delayed payments, take him to consumer court,but do recheck your agreement, as Builders never miss this clause.
        Last edited December 29 2018, 11:29 AM.
        Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Tags: None
        Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X