are we getting better deals than 6 months back

Last updated: March 21 2012
7 | Posts
1049 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we getting better deals than 6 months back

although no dealer is ready to admit slowdown buti think people are getting betteeals

Is it becoming buyers market

Re : are we getting better deals than 6 months back

Originally posted by Harsimran View Post
    although no dealer is ready to admit slowdown buti think people are getting betteeals

Is it becoming buyers market
    Ready to move and good properties are still the same. Its the speculative markets(Mullanpur, mega projects(Emaar, MGF)) that are dipping and will fetch you better deals !! And yeah, the mantra is to place the offer directly to the buyer somehow(Ask the dealer to get the buyer on the table) since dealers would never accept the dip !!

Comment

This has been as i perdicated some time back. Wait and watch there is more to come going forward.

Comment

Nice to know that correction is happening.......

I hope it will continue for some more time

Comment

It is a Myth

Originally posted by krishan View Post
          Nice to know that correction is happening.......

I hope it will continue for some more time

See. Its like this.

They call it correction. We anticipate a crash. Because there is lot of flab.

You cant blame the builder either.

The land costs are exorbitant. What used to sell for 10 lacs, now sells at 2 crores. And then all kinds of taxes. All kinds or under hand money exchanges, approvals , marketing costs, logistics. Then the construction costs, bank interest rates.

This is a God awful whirlpool of corruption and intrigue.

The moment things ease, people start buying, the rates will zoom again.

Like it happened in 2008/9. So again back to square one. This will never improve unless ANOTHER sector comes up which is more lucrative.

Comment

Originally posted by tulips View Post
            See. Its like this.

They call it correction. We anticipate a crash. Because there is lot of flab.

You cant blame the builder either.

The land costs are exorbitant. What used to sell for 10 lacs, now sells at 2 crores. And then all kinds of taxes. All kinds or under hand money exchanges, approvals , marketing costs, logistics. Then the construction costs, bank interest rates.
            This is a God awful whirlpool of corruption and intrigue.

The moment things ease, people start buying, the rates will zoom again.

Like it happened in 2008/9. So again back to square one. This will never improve unless ANOTHER sector comes up which is more lucrative.
            tulips,

I am not looking for investment but am end user who is planning to shift Chandigarh after 2-3 years. Currently I am in Noida and I have seen the price hikes here also. The same property which was worth 20 lacs one year back is now costs 50 lacs. You can say that it is all due to we people but the problem is everyone doesn't think in the same way. The one who booked in the early stage are smiling now and one who was waiting may wait forever because for a normal salaried person 5-10% salary hike happens normally after 2 years.

I am thankful to God that people like me can still see dream to have own flat/house. But I worried about so many people for whom even getting property at the last years prices is difficult.

Currently it looks like business rather than need. But it is the rule of nature. I can understand with the pace of timing everything is getting costlier but not by the %age with which property sector is growing. For this only we are responsible but again if someone is loosing then there is someone who is gaining which again is the principle of nature.

Thanks,
            Krishan

Comment

May sanity prevail.

Originally posted by krishan View Post
              tulips,

I am not looking for investment but am end user who is planning to shift Chandigarh after 2-3 years. Currently I am in Noida and I have seen the price hikes here also. The same property which was worth 20 lacs one year back is now costs 50 lacs. You can say that it is all due to we people but the problem is everyone doesn't think in the same way. The one who booked in the early stage are smiling now and one who was waiting may wait forever because for a normal salaried person 5-10% salary hike happens normally after 2 years.

I am thankful to God that people like me can still see dream to have own flat/house. But I worried about so many people for whom even getting property at the last years prices is difficult.

Currently it looks like business rather than need. But it is the rule of nature. I can understand with the pace of timing everything is getting costlier but not by the %age with which property sector is growing. For this only we are responsible but again if someone is loosing then there is someone who is gaining which again is the principle of nature.

Thanks,
              Krishan

Most people are like you ( me included). Hence there isn't much to either refute your take on it nor defend mine. Why I said what I said was because as you rightly said , the RE is like a gadfly on the rump of an average salaried person / household. Either way - if you booked it, you pay EMI. You rent you pay through your nose. There isn't really any quick fix to this.

Ones who booked earlier will smile when he/she can profit by selling it. At prevailing rates ( also as you said), it a formidable task.

People talk lot of things about an oversight authority to monitor the unchecked RE proliferation. But the powers that be have more important things to attend or so it seems.

For now, enough said, may sanity prevail at the end and the correction keep happening till we all get our homes.

Comment

This happens when it come to end users
                Are we moving towards a ghost town of appartments around mohali

GMADA auction fails to attract investors

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X