Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which road is better to investment---Kharar-Chandigarh or Kharar-Landran???

Collapse
X
Collapse

Which road is better to investment---Kharar-Chandigarh or Kharar-Landran???

Last updated: September 14 2017
45 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Which road is better to investment---Kharar-Chandigarh or Kharar-Landran???

Sir jee - if you can get core Chandigarh sector 1 kanal for 6 crores, I am happy to do the deal tomorrow with immediate payment. Nothing is available less than 8 crores. Some close family member was looking and finally gave up as its simply out of range! Just in case you know of a deal, please PM me

Originally posted by karanind View Post
    Well examples here and there about some one making money will always be there since the beauty in India is that there is no transparency so anyone can claim anything. Is there a way to verify it yes to some extent but that itself can very 10-20% easily.
    Like you have an example I too have an example of a transaction where someone actually exited a transaction at a loss. Now his actual loss is maybe 5% but from the peak or what he believed he could have sold at he is down close 25% already.

Core sectors in Chd a 500 yd plot from the peak or the peak we are made to believe was at 8 crores. Can you buy something at 20% less sure if you have cash and are willing to work on the terms that seller wants it can happen plus some patience since you need to find a genuine seller. While as I said was the peak 8 crores (I don't know) but that is what we are made to believe or maybe the prices were always ~6 crores.

In short it is all smoke and mirrors on where the trend is or where it will go, if you are serious on buying ( with money) & find a seller who is really motivated to sell (no middleman) situation is very different.
    SBS

Comment

Re : Which road is better to investment---Kharar-Chandigarh or Kharar-Landran???

Originally posted by Rickyy View Post
      We believe what we wanted to believe and looks for the fact and figures to support that..human mind...the equation was from US, and holds true..cant comment on UK and Canada...
      Smoke and even fire both I can see but need to drive further 4 hrs from CHD..Noida/GGN where properties rates are 6000-7000 psf and 80-90k psy for plots..It makes more sense to discuss the fall in RE prices over there..

15-16k for average projects and 20-26K for good projects in CHD is good price...more than that is red zone..u need to pay for quality...

This is endless discussion, we both and others can write long write ups...I would prefer to wait for future and revisit the thread later

Thanks,
      Ricky
      Just a quick one....are you in the US Ricky and if yes in what part ?

Other than that, the threads are created to have a discussion, so that people can drive what is good for them. I have learned about some projects from you guys, so everyone's input is invaluable here.

Comment

Yeah, Am in east coast.

true..we all have learned a lot from this forum..

There has to be end of every discussion not like my college days where we use to discuss daily something new and only stop when some remind us...dude today is ur turn to cook rice and daal

Tanmay178.. pardon us for hijacking this thread.

Thanks,
        Ricky

Originally posted by Indigill View Post
        Just a quick one....are you in the US Ricky and if yes in what part ?

Other than that, the threads are created to have a discussion, so that people can drive what is good for them. I have learned about some projects from you guys, so everyone's input is invaluable here.
        Last edited April 11 2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbsbpo View Post
          Sir jee - if you can get core Chandigarh sector 1 kanal for 6 crores, I am happy to do the deal tomorrow with immediate payment. Nothing is available less than 8 crores. Some close family member was looking and finally gave up as its simply out of range! Just in case you know of a deal, please PM me
          I am not the seller but yes it was available but is now sold. I can't share too many details since this is a public forum. I still believe you can get something for what I quoted since I also just happen to know what price this transaction happened.
          If I find something I will let you, the problem is that very few genuine sellers really exist. What you will find (mostly brokers) telling what is available while the seller is not really motivated to sell. It is like, yes I will sell for 10 crores otherwise there is no rush.

but if you refer the below link
          Residential Land in Sector 22-Chandigarh Chandigarh - - for sale - ************

The prices are down for sure now I am not sure how genuine is the above person but it is just a reference.

Now I do want to sell plot in Mohali in sector 71, it is 1 kanal plot if you are interested let me know. But I do want to be little upfront here, the reason I want to sell this is to buy something in Chandigarh. So right now I am not very motivated but eventually I do want to sell it.
          Last edited April 12 2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Rickyy

Got some time to add more thoughts, I know you are in US, I am too. Maybe it is a difference of opinion but here is what I feel. Real estate is still very preferred, since I am in the west coast but when I compare US vs India here is what it comes out to be

A typical townhome/condo [3 bed] you can now get for ~350K US
            Interest rates are so low ~4% that if I compare with India where is it atleast ~10% the difference in payment between the two - US 300 per month

While I can rent this place for say 1200 in US, In India best case would be 1% rental if you are lucky which will be 300 US [900 US difference]

So we are already at a difference of 1200 US, on other side additional costs that you have in US are
            property tax - 1% approx that is 300 US per month
            Maintenance usually is not more than 100 US per month
            Insurance - 100 US per month (this is actually on the higher side)

So I am positive cash flow of nearly 700 US. Add to this you can claim tax benefits for rental property - depreciation, maintenance etc

In short I feel US is much better from rental investment point of view. Plus prices are going up atleast in west coast

Comment

Respect difference of opinion and that's the way to have constructive discussion and finally help ppl make their decision.

Make it simple..
              Ask urself how many of ur frnds/known have invested in US RE and then compare the numbers of frnds who have invested in India RE(last 3-4 yrs)..you will come to know which one is preferred..

Past 3-4 years the RE prices in US are veryyyy low but still sales figures are bad..

New-home sales drop in February, but average price rises

And for your reference...have a look EMI and property tax in below random listing..

http://cnnmoney.trulia.com/property/3069428383-Condo-Edison-NJ-08820

Quoting again if you guys think 15-16K for average projects and 20-26K for good quality projects is very high price in tricity region thn am sorry ..but i dont buy that.

We can have endless discussion on this topic but good to wait for next couple of years and see how it pan out.

Thanks,
              Ricky

Rickyy

Got some time to add more thoughts, I know you are in US, I am too. Maybe it is a difference of opinion but here is what I feel. Real estate is still very preferred, since I am in the west coast but when I compare US vs India here is what it comes out to be

A typical townhome/condo [3 bed] you can now get for ~350K US
              Interest rates are so low ~4% that if I compare with India where is it atleast ~10% the difference in payment between the two - US 300 per month

While I can rent this place for say 1200 in US, In India best case would be 1% rental if you are lucky which will be 300 US [900 US difference]

So we are already at a difference of 1200 US, on other side additional costs that you have in US are
              property tax - 1% approx that is 300 US per month
              Maintenance usually is not more than 100 US per month
              Insurance - 100 US per month (this is actually on the higher side)

So I am positive cash flow of nearly 700 US. Add to this you can claim tax benefits for rental property - depreciation, maintenance etc

In short I feel US is much better from rental investment point of view. Plus prices are going up atleast in west coast

Comment

Well simple answer to your question above is that I agree more people have invested in India.

But I have an opinion again this just my viewpoint doesn't imply that this is right opinion or the only opinion. Also I agree that constructive discussion is good for everyone that is how we all learn.

Today's situation lets say a place costs 350K in US and something similar costs 1.75 Cr in India. If you compare 5 yrs ago this place in US would have been 600K (or probably more) while the place in India the place would have been 1/3 something like 60 Lakh.

So the choice in past was always invest in India (financially speaking) since for lot less money you got a very decent option. As time has gone by in US property has become much cheaper, interest rates are much lower while situation in India has gotten worse. Interest rates have gone up, property prices have gone through the roof to top it all rental hasn't moved much (atleast if you compare in Chandigarh/tri-city area).

While there might be emotional, personal reasons in today's situation I find it very difficult to justify a purchase in India when I can get a much better return here in the US.

Now what lies in future I guess no one knows or whether this means more people will buy here vs India or not. For sure based on cost analysis/ROI on paper US looks very attractive when I compare with India (or more specifically tri-city area)

Comment

No interest in Mohali for that person. Interest is 1 kanal - good sector Chandigarh. If you have the right links which can help get it for 6 crores. - would be most grateful.

I am not the seller but yes it was available but is now sold. I can't share too many details since this is a public forum. I still believe you can get something for what I quoted since I also just happen to know what price this transaction happened.
                  If I find something I will let you, the problem is that very few genuine sellers really exist. What you will find (mostly brokers) telling what is available while the seller is not really motivated to sell. It is like, yes I will sell for 10 crores otherwise there is no rush.

but if you refer the below link
                  Residential Land in Sector 22-Chandigarh Chandigarh - - for sale - ************

The prices are down for sure now I am not sure how genuine is the above person but it is just a reference.

Now I do want to sell plot in Mohali in sector 71, it is 1 kanal plot if you are interested let me know. But I do want to be little upfront here, the reason I want to sell this is to buy something in Chandigarh. So right now I am not very motivated but eventually I do want to sell it.
                  SBS

Comment

Well simple answer to your question above is that I agree more people have invested in India.

But I have an opinion again this just my viewpoint doesn't imply that this is right opinion or the only opinion. Also I agree that constructive discussion is good for everyone that is how we all learn.

Today's situation lets say a place costs 350K in US and something similar costs 1.75 Cr in India. If you compare 5 yrs ago this place in US would have been 600K (or probably more) while the place in India the place would have been 1/3 something like 60 Lakh.

So the choice in past was always invest in India (financially speaking) since for lot less money you got a very decent option. As time has gone by in US property has become much cheaper, interest rates are much lower while situation in India has gotten worse. Interest rates have gone up, property prices have gone through the roof to top it all rental hasn't moved much (atleast if you compare in Chandigarh/tri-city area).

While there might be emotional, personal reasons in today's situation I find it very difficult to justify a purchase in India when I can get a much better return here in the US.

Now what lies in future I guess no one knows or whether this means more people will buy here vs India or not. For sure based on cost analysis/ROI on paper US looks very attractive when I compare with India (or more specifically tri-city area)

Totally agree. If some invests in Indian now, it would not bring in the returns a person would expect. Rule of investing says do not follow everyone but think what is good value for money. I would rather buy another property with 10% deposit here then in India. The EMI will take care of the mortgage and in next a few years the properties are bound to rise.

Like Ricky mentioned, we should re-visit the thread in next a few months and see who was the wise one.

Comment

Everytime I make my mind that I am not going to write more on this thread but in evening u and in morning Indigill provoke me and then RE keeda in my mind say dude writeeeeee

Coming back to topic..

You are not getting my point..no body is advising you to invest in 1.75 cr project..thats insane

Here is the preferred investment equation.. distributed investment in multiple projects:
                      15000*200 sy= 30,00,000 Average projects like sunny, shivalik or others
                      15000*200 sy= 30,00,000 Again average new good project
                      22-23000*200 sy=46,00,000 Good projects like Pearls/Emmar or Ansal rest..only If you want this and it can be used for future home

Total=106,00,000…You get 3 properties…3rd one is only optional and in case you want ..u shd be good w/ 1st two only and for that you need to pay 60,00,000 in the span of 2 years

Personally am done w/ tricity (b’coz have invested enough) and now planning to invest in some tourist attraction places ..tourist industry has huge potential in India and at present it’s only exploited less than 10%

Don’t want to go again on US/tricity options… that’s foolish..if you r planning to buy home then definitely make sense but RE investment is no no to me J

When I have to pay 1-2 lacs every year for 250 sy plot as a property tax and maintenance cost reaches at 50k -1 lac level per year ..thats the time when RE will not be preferred option in tricity.

I will revisit this thread on April 12 2014

Last edited April 12 2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X