It's a dream of every punjabi yaar Chandigarh wich ghar Lena

Sorry me and my dad also had it
So my visit to India was just Chandigarh darshan


My dad will be retiring in 5 yrs so were looking for a home In chandigarh
Visited almost every site in chd
My take

1. As far plots r concerned where the rate is 25000 it would take at least 10 yrs to develop was interested in Ireo hamlet but you actually don't know what lies at the back of the house beyond the map they are showing

2. Aero city eco city has become too expensive the price is different when you ask for buying as compared for selling

3. Omaxemullanpur will take 10 yrs to develop the la d has been refilled from brick factories so housing will not be that great

4. Ireo rise was a good option but when you go to the site there is a village sukhgarh and a pond sec 99has 4 different builders so you can't expect a homogenous developmen

5. Sunny enclave there r hundreds of plot available for sale in Saturday tribune paper and the general crowd will be not that great

6 coming back to wave it
1. It was approachable by proper road thru sec 80 where price is 60-70k
2.the whole sector is with one. Builder and you have people living across the road in sec 80
3. We would have come back because it was out of pocket
4. They told about group housing the location was excellent see the previous map 12 acre of landscaped garden at front 5 star hotel on one side commercial on other excellent club house in place most people buying would be a descent class
There would be the new. Commercial sec on side and the sec west to it has been earmarked for it and research

5. Compared with group housing of other projects
1.ireo rise available from. Ireo at 4100 non ac no wood flooring
2. Location of Ireo sec development not at great
3. Benefits work started so if you buy in resale you. Need coloured money
4. Bestech too expensive
5. Other near by completed group housing about 1-1.5 crore to be given stat

So basically we were looking to buy a home with our total tax payed money where we could pay in instalments location should be good

I tried to. Convince my dad to wait but the. It would have been at least one year when I go to India again

The most important Thing was my father wanted to live there so I think it was it
..............

I know they will delay it but it suits us ......
Builder has so much more inventory to sell still that he will have to develop
If I was the builder of sec 85 I would not have developed it until sec 80 got developed and there were proper roads coming to sector obviously. No one would have bought if there was no apparent. Connectivit

We went there 3 times with the last thing my dad told was that even if they develop this sec half of what they r showing it would be one of the best places to live in Punjab and I some how agreed to it........

Guys my views would be biased because I already bought it but please visit the anything you buy at least 3 times yourself
Read more
Reply
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Addendum

    I forget to tell this was not an investment but rather my fathers plan for family house in Chandigarh so your considerations may be different
    We just thought from end user, safety, good facilities, ambience, decent people living nearby.
    My dad was not interested doing this for multiplying money........
    CommentQuote
  • Good day Harsimran have a look at sector 122 39 west.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guneet
    Good day Harsimran have a look at sector 122 39 west.


    Thanks gunnet
    I didn't actually go there but had a chat with the no given by mr copra
    They required all the money at once because it was ready for registry
    So could not buy anything didn't go there was looking for something I could pay in instalments without hassle of home lone tht is construction linked
    I believe it would be very good if it selling at they rate
    Did you buy a plot there
    Is it for end use
    CommentQuote
  • Congratulations

    Harsimran, Congratulation on the purchase of your new home. I am very sure that you have made the right decision based on your requirements.

    I have visited this site and in a few years to come this is going to be a very good place to live.

    Thanks,
    NChopra
    CommentQuote
  • Congrats Harsimran. Did you buy plot or flat?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NChopra
    Harsimran, Congratulation on the purchase of your new home. I am very sure that you have made the right decision based on your requirements.

    I have visited this site and in a few years to come this is going to be a very good place to live.

    Thanks,
    NChopra


    Thanks chopra Ji
    CommentQuote
  • Harsimran, Congratulation for your new home. Where u purchase Your Dream Home.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guneet
    Harsimran, Congratulation for your new home. Where u purchase Your Dream Home.



    its basically my father who has booked an appartment in wave estate sec 85 mohali
    CommentQuote
  • Congrats Harsimran Ji... Any idea about prevailing plot prices in wave project .. In 2010 some dealer told me that those were trading at 75K / psq yd.. Is it true.. And any development updates of this project especially on villa front ..I liked the concept of many water bodies planned in the project...

    Originally Posted by Harsimran
    its basically my father who has booked an appartment in wave estate sec 85 mohali
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    Congrats Harsimran Ji... Any idea about prevailing plot prices in wave project .. In 2010 some dealer told me that those were trading at 75K / psq yd.. Is it true.. And any development updates of this project especially on villa front ..I liked the concept of many water bodies planned in the project...


    No the price is btw 35-49K sq yds depending upon who it is purchased from. The concept is indeed good and looks like one of the best sectors if the builder keeps his word.
    CommentQuote
  • Posting from other thread to more relevant thread.

    Harsimran Ji,

    I follow three sections :) in IREF (Gurgaon , Chandigarh and this thread) because of my interest in these areas.I remember you floating a thread in chd section something home search or so after you bought apt in wave estate and if you remember I asked couple of questions in that thread :)..

    30 years is long time and I sincerely hope Wave guys get their act together and deliver it sooner then later.As far as I know these apartments were launched 5 years back and then multiple re-launches and re-re launches happened but no construction happened in these 5 years.I hope before investing you must have ponder upon these points :-
    1.)Why no construction happened in last 5 years .
    2.) Why multiple re-launches.

    IF you ponder upon these points you can reach to 2 conclusions :-
    1.) Either builder is fleecing customers with bad intent
    OR
    2.) There may not be much demand to these apartments and less booking happened and because of that builder was not able to start construction as it was not feasible.

    None of the above 2 conclusions instill confidence in investing these apartments and I sincerely hope that you didn't booked just seeing their glossy brochures with some englishstan companies mentioned on it :)..

    Saying that you mentioned GMADA apartments.Those apartments are high priced and that is why GMADA is getting many application cancellation requests BUT if you see what GMADA is offering in terms of specifications then WAVE apartments are no where close and you will have very less maintenace charges in GMADA apartments..

    I would suggest don't dream for 30 years and see realistically if you think you will get your property delivered sooner then later because Wave guys track record is not good in their other projects also e.g. Wave City , Noida ..

    Best Wishes :)!



    Originally Posted by Harsimran
    So concluding my argument, I want to know what do you think that your investment in Wave Estate mohali will appreciate more in 5 years time or these plots and which project will be delivered first ??


    Manu Ji
    Looks like you are following my posts happy to realise that
    Any how my wave estate appartments is not investment it's for kids when they would visit India or when I retire in about 30 yrs
    I am hopeful they will make it by then........fingers crossed

    As far as wave estate is concerned I know they are going to delay it which suits them but the location and layout is superb
    I visited the area three times checked with Atkins global in London whether they are actually doing it
    Any how the price I got it for through my cousin I am already in profit after launch

    Thanks to gmada who has set up a price of 80 lac for a 3+1 bhk on this row of sectors after launch of Purab appartments
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    Harsimran Ji,

    I follow three sections :) in IREF (Gurgaon , Chandigarh and this thread) because of my interest in these areas.I remember you floating a thread in chd section something home search or so after you bought apt in wave estate and if you remember I asked couple of questions in that thread :)..

    30 years is long time and I sincerely hope Wave guys get their act together and deliver it sooner then later.As far as I know these apartments were launched 5 years back and then multiple re-launches and re-re launches happened but no construction happened in these 5 years.I hope before investing you must have ponder upon these points :-
    1.)Why no construction happened in last 5 years .
    2.) Why multiple re-launches.

    IF you ponder upon these points you can reach to 2 conclusions :-
    1.) Either builder is fleecing customers with bad intent
    OR
    2.) There may not be much demand to these apartments and less booking happened and because of that builder was not able to start construction as it was not feasible.

    None of the above 2 conclusions instill confidence in investing these apartments and I sincerely hope that you didn't booked just seeing their glossy brochures with some englishstan companies mentioned on it :)..

    Saying that you mentioned GMADA apartments.Those apartments are high priced and that is why GMADA is getting many application cancellation requests BUT if you see what GMADA is offering in terms of specifications then WAVE apartments are no where close and you will have very less maintenace charges in GMADA apartments..

    I would suggest don't dream for 30 years and see realistically if you think you will get your property delivered sooner then later because Wave guys track record is not good in their other projects also e.g. Wave City , Noida ..

    Best Wishes :)!




    manu ji
    i had apprehensions about their track record
    waited for about 4-5 days but was convinced with atleast location and layout for sure
    the price i was getting was attractive for location and layout
    any how i have bought it and i am very happy with it

    1. one of my friends here tried to buy a 2bhk this bank holiday week end and none is available even at 4050 directly from company he is getting in resale at a premium so does not look like its not selling
    dont know the ground reality so far will appreciate input from friends in chandigarh

    2. the location will stay there and will appreciate. it is connected to sec 80 by road so you can live there even today

    3. the facilities in gmada appartments are great but they are for 4500 flats and there is a 2% fees of joining fees for society as well about 1.5 lacs similar to club house

    its for time to tell how things figure out we can ony see maps check detils

    but i like your insight into all projects
    do let me know when you do your next investment i will invest in the same project without thinking

    will pm you my e mail address
    CommentQuote