My friends are planning to buy a floor in Sector 20, 21 or 22. Does anyone know the prices of 10 marla land in these sectors. We are planning to buy an old kothi, demolish it and construct a new house. Then we will occupy a floor each. So if anyone can tell the prices by floor, that will be very helpful.
Read more
41 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • in ur case it is quiet simple, the cost of land and cost of construction shd be shared between the three partners. suggested model:
    ground floor- 45%
    1st floor- 30%
    2nd floor-25%
    CommentQuote
  • The top floor for a kothi near us (in sec 20) went for around 95 lakhs about a month ago. and yes...the 45-30-25 seems to be correct..>DO check PS : It was a newly built kothi.....they demolished the old kothi, got it built,furnished and then sold the top floor for 95L.
    CommentQuote
  • In sector 15/b
    One 10 marla kothi's 1st floor when for 2.75 cr
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your responses. What would be the total price of a 10 marla plot. Only the price of land.
    CommentQuote
  • Vipul, was it a 10 marla kothi?

Originally Posted by 1992vipul
    The top floor for a kothi near us (in sec 20) went for around 95 lakhs about a month ago. and yes...the 45-30-25 seems to be correct..>DO check PS : It was a newly built kothi.....they demolished the old kothi, got it built,furnished and then sold the top floor for 95L.
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry, forgot to mention the plot area. Its a 7.5 marla corner kothi. newly built. I don't remember the number exactly, but it is opposite to House No. 60, sector 20/A.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lincsus
    Thanks for your responses. What would be the total price of a 10 marla plot. Only the price of land.

~ 3 to 3.5 Crores I suppose
    CommentQuote
  • floor rates

The rates seem to fine but according to my knowledge the distribution is 50-30-20
    CommentQuote
  • Well the prices are indeed in 3-3.5 cr range mainly because few sellers

I think the floor wise concept was supposed to bring the prices down but it has helped - builders, speculators make fast money and worked to actually increase the prices up.

Also prices for something similar in Mohali are 30-40% less, you could find a 10 marla plot for ~2 cr. Yes there are drawbacks when compared to Chandigarh but price difference is way too much.

Ofcourse I don't believe you can sell/register floor wise in Mohali so that way Chandigarh while more expensive is the only option

I think the floor wise concept was supposed to bring the prices down but it has helped - builders, speculators make fast money and worked to actually increase the prices up.

Also prices for something similar in Mohali are 30-40% less, you could find a 10 marla plot for ~2 cr. Yes there are drawbacks when compared to Chandigarh but price difference is way too much.

Ofcourse I don't believe you can sell/register floor wise in Mohali so that way Chandigarh while more expensive is the only option
    CommentQuote
  • For 3 or 3.25 cr you will not get a 10 marla khoti. Recently TV 18 bought a coner kothi on 60 ft road for 7+ cr in sector 15
    The going rate these days is around 5 cr + for 10 marlo ok ok kothi
    CommentQuote
  • Sector 15 is near to edu,commercial, residential and hospital area. there might be some difference in pricing between sector 20 or 40 and sector 15.

Whts the rate of 5 marla housing board plot or house in sector 40D/C??

It is quite clear one can have one kanal house in Panchkula or Mohali for the price of 10 marla in chandigarh always.
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry to sound uninformed guys, but what is a '10 marla' plot size in sqm or sq yard? Thanks!
    CommentQuote
  • 25 x 10 = 250 sq yard (Chandigarh)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by top123
    Sector 15 is near to edu,commercial, residential and hospital area. there might be some difference in pricing between sector 20 or 40 and sector 15.

Whts the rate of 5 marla housing board plot or house in sector 40D/C??

It is quite clear one can have one kanal house in Panchkula or Mohali for the price of 10 marla in chandigarh always.

This was true some years ago but now days the differnce is very less
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manikjeet
    This was true some years ago but now days the differnce is very less

Well one transaction is usually not a good indication of the general trend. Unfortunately there is no single point of reference, in the past it was auctions but that too is heavily biased by investors and real estate brokers who team up to drive the price up. On top of that you have a large black component involved so end of the day the price is really which side of the story you want to believe.

Personally I think prices are hyper inflated but all the best to everyone that continues to buy at these amazing prices! I have seen this story repeat all over the world looks like now it is India's turn to go through this bubble
    CommentQuote