Last updated: November 30 2012
3 | Posts
1279 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Estate Regulation bill Impact on RE Prices

Real Estate Gurus,
    Heard about Real Estate Regulation bill which proposes to establish a regulatory authority for the realty sector being presented in the Winter session of the Parliament. I read that it will bring some protection the buyers. Please share your views about what impact it would have on the real estate prices in India in general and in Chadigarh Tricity area.

I heard that it can bring a drop of upto 25% in the prices. I am planning to buy a plot for investment and would like to know the consequences of this bill on the prices.

Re : Real Estate Regulation bill Impact on RE Prices

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...lation?t=17847
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by PardeepKumar View Post
      Real Estate Gurus,
      Heard about Real Estate Regulation bill which proposes to establish a regulatory authority for the realty sector being presented in the Winter session of the Parliament. I read that it will bring some protection the buyers. Please share your views about what impact it would have on the real estate prices in India in general and in Chadigarh Tricity area.

I heard that it can bring a drop of upto 25% in the prices. I am planning to buy a plot for investment and would like to know the consequences of this bill on the prices.
      There is another opinion also. At present, many law abiding genuine people do not take interest in investing property considering India has jungle law. Here might is right. Vacant property kept at a distant place is not safe. Anybody, even relatives try to grab the properties by hook or by crook. If you give property on rent, getting it back from tenant is also a big problem. I have seen owners getting Rs. 40 as monthly rent for the last 40 years for a property which is now Rs. 40 lacs now. The tenant demands Rs. 30 lacs for vacating it. If all such problems are reasonably addressed in new regulation, buyers will increase. This may result in increase in property prices.

Comment

i believe the prices should drop way below 25% if you consider the national figures and compare with the other countries. 25% is just a economy slow down number and not the regulated number. There are far more poor people than an average and rich people in india.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X