For sometime, I have been thinking of buying a villa in Goa. I am not sure if I should opt for a ready to move in option or an under construction property. As far as my understanding, buying an under construction property is going to work out much cheaper.

I have done some research and it seems that South Goa is a much better option to North Goa, as it has become very commercial.

But I have no idea on the suburbs in South Goa and the costs for a 3-4 bedroom villa. It would be nice to have some views.
Read more
26 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I am myself looking for a place in North Goa and looked on various sites on the internet.

Below are some of the websites, where you can go home hunting -

homesgoa.com
    goarealty.in
    goanrealtors.com
    goandream.com
    realtygoa.com
    lifestylehomesgoa.com
    topshomesgoa.com/
    mapofi.com/home/

Developers in Goa -

acronindia.com
    nanuestates.in
    akarhomesgoa.com
    prudential-group.com
    bfhomesgoa.com
    CommentQuote
  • HI, WE ARE BASED IN PANAJI GOA, IF YOU NEED OURE ASSISTANCE IN GUIDING YOU TO LOCATE AN INVESTMENT IN GOA, YOU MAY PLEASE CONTACT US AT ssv.associatesyahoo.in, AND GIVE YOUR DETAILS.
    CommentQuote
  • Is this a discussion forum or a sales/business forum? Why does this guy keep on repeating the same thing?

Duh!! we get, now move on. How come the moderators allow this? Please don't spoil this forum.

If you have info post it please for all of us to know. That's what discussion forums are about.
    CommentQuote
  • I have been stayed in Goa fr 20 years and this is my view :

It depends on the purpose of the buying. If it is pure vacation go for North, around Panaji. Panaji is a fantastic city. If it is for settling down, I will prefer Margao since it is less expensive , clean , less crowded and safer city. These are the 2 good cities in Goa. Infra wise both equivalent, Beaches are close by fr both cities.
    CommentQuote
  • nanuestates is a descent brand name in South Goa..not sure abt the others
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    There are many developers in Goa currently who are building Villas and as u have rightly said that many are passing on cheap n shoddy construction and fleecing customers...
    If u r buying in North Goa some of the below listed Developments might be a safe bet;

1. Heritage Exotica - Arpora, Phase one is complete but don't know if any villas is left.

2. Riveria Foothills - Arpora, it is complete and as per my knowlege only one villa is available.

3. Cinnimon Villas - Coco Beach, only 6 villas and 3 are already sold 2 are complete and it has high end specifications with a great view.

4. Samaraya Villas -Reis Magos, the booking have not officially opened but u can contact the developers DLF to inquire about this highend project with probably the best view in North Goa. One caution though it is very expensive and DLF projects in Goa tend to get stuck in Litigation some how, even then don't foresee any problem in it getting built.

These are the best options as of know, even another project is coming up in Siolim by the Developers Goel Ganga which shall have only 5 villas with a amazing view but these should take some time. do let me know if u found my input useful.

Regards,

Amit
    CommentQuote
  • hi, new Villas are available in several places in north Goa i.e Guirim, Socuur etc. Pls get in touch for assistance
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

I have heard that Goa local property laws are very difficult. The level of disputes are also very high. Also there is some rule that Goa property cannot be passed on to ones children. Would appreciate if some one with first hand experience of owning property in Goa could enlighten all of us.
    CommentQuote
  • If that's true , it's rediculous..
    CommentQuote
  • Sir i want to purchase one bedroom flat can someone advice
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Goa_Lover
    For sometime, I have been thinking of buying a villa in Goa. I am not sure if I should opt for a ready to move in option or an under construction property. As far as my understanding, buying an under construction property is going to work out much cheaper.

I have done some research and it seems that South Goa is a much better option to North Goa, as it has become very commercial.

But I have no idea on the suburbs in South Goa and the costs for a 3-4 bedroom villa. It would be nice to have some views.

Hello,

I think you should also give a thought and look at Sol Sienda Apartments. My brother was looking for an apartment flat in goa last year and he finally settled with the one named as Sol sienda near Panaji in north goa. As he has told, those Sol sienda apartment flats have got fabulous architecture done with high end finishes.

Beside that, it’s in good location close to a number of beaches, river and hills. I suppose builders name is Vianar Constructions. I guess price quoted by them are also quite reasonable.
    Cheers

Preet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rku281
    Hi All,

I have heard that Goa local property laws are very difficult. The level of disputes are also very high. Also there is some rule that Goa property cannot be passed on to ones children. Would appreciate if some one with first hand experience of owning property in Goa could enlighten all of us.

Goan property rates are highly overpriced. People there have no clue how to realistically price a property. I am sure others in other cities would say the same thing about their city but the thing with Goa it has no economy other than tourism - that too highly seasonal. A no economy and high real estate prices makes it ludicrous. I am more comfortable buying in a large metro city where the overpricing may be 300-400 rupees extra. But in Goa, people can ask for double what its worth. I once went to Bambolim to look at a cottage advertised. It was in pretty bad shape - probably in 25-35 lakhs range. The owner was asking 58 lakhs. How can even one bargain on this?
    CommentQuote
  • i have personally viewed a project named Horizons Azura at Pilerne by Horizon Land Developments ...The specs are great and the quality of construction is one of the best i have come across in goa...no idea about availability but i guess you could check with the developers or their website www.horizongoa.com
    CommentQuote
  • Hi GoanInvester,
    suprising u saw everything ,but no idea about availability,strange,r u invester or builder????? ooops.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rku281
    Hi All,

Hi It is not true,u can pass on ur property to kids,n also if no will is made in a particular name ( child ) the propery belongs to all kids ( eg,boys or girls ).
    CommentQuote