HI FOLKS,

I have been recently allotted a 320 mts plot at theog near shimla by Himachal Urban Development Authority 7700 per sq mts,

Please advice is it worth buying land in Theog ?

Will there be any market / apprication ??

regards
Read more
67 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Your are lucky dude ! I always dream to have a flat/plot in himachal in solan or chail/theog/kufri

I have recently filled 2 applications in HIMUDA for site survey, which was for all indians (not just for himachal people)

any idea if non-himachal people can buy HIMUDA plots in kufri in resale ?
    CommentQuote
  • i do not see much appreciation in Theog ( since most tourists/visitors try to restrict their visits to Shimla or Kufri only ), but it could be something good for self use .

Originally Posted by sanju2812
    HI FOLKS,

I have been recently allotted a 320 mts plot at theog near shimla by Himachal Urban Development Authority 7700 per sq mts,

Please advice is it worth buying land in Theog ?

Will there be any market / apprication ??

regards
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Guys,

If you have any other input please let me know.

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • any idea if non-himachal people can buy HIMUDA plots in kufri in resale ?
    CommentQuote
  • I think the property would be on lease, u cannot get it registered in your name . But, let me recheck this statement, if there is an discrepancy, i will correct my post .
    CommentQuote
  • I am reproducing a mail by an HIMUDA official ( a friend ), this might help -

IF THE PROPERTY IS FREE HOLD BY HIMUDA, THEN IT CAN BE REGISTERED AND IF IT IS NOT FREE HOLD , THEN IT WOULD BE OFFICIALLY TRANSFERRED IN HIS NAME FIRST BY PAYING THE TRANSFERENCE CHARGES AND THEN OFFICIALLY HE WOULD ENTER IN TO LEASE WITH HIMUDA, WHICH IS AS GOOD AS REGISTRY AS HE CAN GET IT CONVERTED INTO FREE HOLD AS AND WHEN HIMUDA COMES UP WITH THE POLICY OF FREE HOLD FOR THAT AREA AND IF THE POLICY IS THERE, HE CAN GET IT CONVERTED TO FREE HOLD EVEN NOW.

TO SUM UP, THE CLAUSE OF AGRICULTURIST DOES NOT APPLY TO HIMUDA PROPERTIES

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I think the property would be on lease, u cannot get it registered in your name . But, let me recheck this statement, if there is an discrepancy, i will correct my post .
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Manoj,

Since I have to pay for it Rs 7700/- over the period of 5 years , is it worth or should i take refund of earnest money.Please advice.

regards
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Folks,

There is news that Taj Hotels are setting up 70 rooms hotel at theog, will this help to boost real estate.

Please see the link below.

Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces - Press Room

looking forward for your comments.

regards
    CommentQuote
  • If u r looking at it as a Summer House, it should be worth it ( i have to check the exact location, though ) . If u r looking at it purely for investment purposes, really, it will not appreciate more than the FD interest, try selling it off, if u can find a buyer or ask for a refund .

Do let me know, what u plan to do .

Originally Posted by sanju2812
    Dear Manoj,

Since I have to pay for it Rs 7700/- over the period of 5 years , is it worth or should i take refund of earnest money.Please advice.

regards
    CommentQuote
  • dear manoj.

dear manoj....is it safe to buy a flat in solan or in shimla for holiday purpose.....
    CommentQuote
  • Himachal is a safe & a peaceful state, so no issues that way .
    CommentQuote
  • Dear ManojA

I am planning to visit the location and then decide , weather to keep it or sell ,
    If you have any other advice , please let me know

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • sanju2812, it should be a nice place for holidays/ a vacation home ( have to see the exact location, though ) , but i have doubts on it as an investment .

If u decide to sell, let me know, a friend from Delhi is looking to make a vacation home in the Hills ( near Shimla ), & if it suits both of u, u can sit down & further discuss on it .

CommentQuote
  • Ok manoja if I decide to sell I will contact you

Best regards
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Manoj,

I went to see location and found it pretty decent, its on the main theog-rohru highway , with a splendid view , they have around 50 plots of various sizes and of 50 around 42 are already allotted , work is in progress on roads within the colony. Location is around 500 mts from main NH-22, and there is lot of development in surrounding areas.
    Total of 40 allottees are from delhi and chandigarh.
    You are allowed to raise 4 floors and a basement , I still have to confirm that weather you can sell an apartment or not.

regards
    CommentQuote