Dear Members,

I am starting this thread as I always wanted to have my retirement home in the beautiful himachal pradesh.

May I request all the members to share the details on the projects going on in Himachal ( Kausauli , Dharamshala or Daluhosuie and others).

I cam across various small projects going on in that area but is not sure about the authenticity of the same.

There are always few concerns i.e whether a Non Himachali can buy a plot or house in Himachal or now. Your experiences and expertise will help !!!

This can really help all ( Including me ) to come up to a decision.
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dharamshala or Daluhosuie are good for vacation (10-15 days).. for living here are my preferences:

1. Palampur (undoubtedly the best)
    2. Kausauli
    3. Sundernagar (Gets lil warm in summer)
    4. Mandi..(if you get the good location)

For your 2nd Qs pls go thru below link.

Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks,
    Ricky
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks, Really appreciate your views. Cheers!!

Folks, Please suggest your views where you want you want your holiday/retirement home and your sincere efforts towards that.

Originally Posted by Rickyy
    Dharamshala or Daluhosuie are good for vacation (10-15 days).. for living here are my preferences:

1. Palampur (undoubtedly the best)
    2. Kausauli
    3. Sundernagar (Gets lil warm in summer)
    4. Mandi..(if you get the good location)

For your 2nd Qs pls go thru below link.

Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks,
    Ricky
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Members, Please suggest some options of plots in Palampur or Kausauli.
    CommentQuote
  • Here r some of my earlier posts, may be of some use to u -

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    ..........., if u r investing for appreciation, Shimla followed by Solan r the best .

......but, if u r looking to spend some beautiful time in the most scenic of locations, u can choose Kullu, Chamba, Palmpur, Shimla, Solan . Some locations like Nalagarh, Baddi, Nerchowk, Bilaspur, Ghumarwin could be of some issues ( we need to wait for the exact locations, for some of these towns & some can be outrightly rejected ) .

A plot is the best to own, if u have the money & patience to construct . The cost of construction is at least 1.5 times higher than plains & involves a lot of headache in respect of labor & poor availability of decent material . If u want to avoid all this, go for a flat ( maintenance is easy on pocket & u do not need to keep a person to look after it, when u r away, which would be 8 to 10 months in an year, if u r not permanently planning to settle here )

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    ...........i, Nearest from Chandigarh r Nalagarh & Baddi ( but they do not qualify as Hill Stations ). The next closest r Kasauli ( the best option, as per me ), Kandaghat, Renuka & Shimla .

They r not going to be cheap . Flats of private builders of about 1500 sq. feet r about 60-65 L in Shimla ( OK to decent locations ) . No idea on HIMUDA flats/houses, but do not expect anything cheap.

Also take an look at this thread -

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/more-cities-states/more-indian-cities/17397-plot-investment-in-a-small-town/page3?t=19570&page=3
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sangel
    Hi Members, Please suggest some options of plots in Palampur or Kausauli.

Would advise you to go to palampur, have coffee neugal cafe and spend 2-3 days over there, w/ that you ll get sense of area and properties rate over there.

Next you can visit sundernagar/kasuali and mandi.

Thanks,
    Ricky
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Friends, This for the information for all people who are not from Himachal and want to buy house or land in Himachal:

Non Agriculturist(Some times termed as Non-Himachalies) have only 3 options:
    1.) Himuda Plots/Flats/Duplex
    2.) Section 118 permission.
    3.) Flats from some registered builder.

In Dharamshala, Kangra Himachal land is measured in Kanal and Marla.

REF.
    1 Kanal = 20 Marla
    1 sq.m = 10.76 sq feet
    1 Marla = 19.1 sq m (Approx) = 206 sq feet (Approx) = 23 Sq yard (Approx)
    1 Kanal = 384 sq m (approx) = 458 sq yards (approx) = 4129 Sq ft (approx)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Apurv saggi
    Hi
    Thank you sangel for taking an initiative to start a thread that could actually allow people to open up and clear any doubts or myths relating to making this dream come true. I for one has spent most of my childhood in plains, rather to be more precise have loads of my friends out there "so i know what are the benefits of plains" but when it came to choosing a carrier , i wanted to do something that i loved and much important in a place that i was comfortable in and a place which had this magnificent weather that would cheer up anyone's mood, so i listened and heart and believe me , its one decision that made my life

I got a call stating a new project is going to launch very near to pine drive resort,vill barog khilka more, they are giving 118v to every owner, full loaded studio apartment of 550 sq ft size in 22lacs
    1bhk 900 sq ft for rs3700sqft
    2bhk 1250 sq ft for rs3500sqft

Kindly suggest.
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Varunvats, Did you get some further details on the new project which you mentioned in ur post. Please if you could pm the details.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Apurv saggi
    Hi
    Thank you sangel for taking an initiative to start a thread that could actually allow people to open up and clear any doubts or myths relating to making this dream come true. I for one has spent most of my childhood in plains, rather to be more precise have loads of my friends out there "so i know what are the benefits of plains" but when it came to choosing a carrier , i wanted to do something that i loved and much important in a place that i was comfortable in and a place which had this magnificent weather that would cheer up anyone's mood, so i listened and heart and believe me , its one decision that made my life

Thanks Apurva!!
    CommentQuote
  • I see some options of holiday homes in Kullu wherein the builder also takes the home on lease and pays some rent to the owner. Has anyone invested in such a project, pls provide pros and cons.
    CommentQuote
  • Solicit opinions around investment in Barog - have bought a 1bhk there for 18L around 2.5 years back and the flat is almost unto completion - think shud be a nice place to spend a weekend - just a 4.5 hours drive from NCR once NH1 comes in full shape n form - suggest please?
    CommentQuote
  • Can someone tell me if its recommended to buy a Lease Hold Plot from Himuda? Can it be sold if needed later on or that's not possible for a lease hold plot?

Also considering summer house which is better place between Rampur and Chamba? Are both of them very low in height and very hot?

This is just for living few peaceful days, which is a better option?
    CommentQuote
  • If anyone can please help me understanding the Leasehold plot purchase from Himuda and subsequently selling it to some Non Himachali? Is this legal and there is any said and clear rule on this?
    CommentQuote
  • Any new HIMUDA projects in Kullu,Shimla,Kandaghat ?
    CommentQuote