Last updated: June 8 2018
42 | Posts
8454 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimla Looking to buy a cottage

hi,
    i am looking to buy a cottage around shimla, preferably shimla. i want to make it my second home.

Can anyone guide me in this aspect. My budget is less then 50lakhs((((

Re : Shimla Looking to buy a cottage

well hi mkemka...u wil not be able to get a cottage for 50 lac in shimla...it's next to impossible...ya but far from shimla say abt 20 kms u will get it....but if u want in shimla den u will get a 2 bhk for 60 lac and if u will go to chota shimla or new shimla say abt 5 to 7 kms frm main city den u will get a 2 bhk for 40 lac or 3 bhk for 50 lac...after negotiating

Comment

Originally posted by investor81 View Post
      well hi mkemka...u wil not be able to get a cottage for 50 lac in shimla...it's next to impossible...ya but far from shimla say abt 20 kms u will get it....but if u want in shimla den u will get a 2 bhk for 60 lac and if u will go to chota shimla or new shimla say abt 5 to 7 kms frm main city den u will get a 2 bhk for 40 lac or 3 bhk for 50 lac...after negotiating

Yeah i guessed tht... i was thinking more in terms of chail, and all.. since these are more of preffered places for exclusive tourists, who would actually rent these types of cottages.....

can u guide further

Comment

manoj bhai can u help in this regard ?

Comment

Originally posted by mkhemka View Post
          manoj bhai can u help in this regard ?

In 50L, a cottage in Shimla is not possible . U need to look at nearby areas . Kandaghat, Chail, Kandaghat- Chail road, Kufri-Chail Road, Fagu r some of the options ( there could be many more options - depends on how far, u r willing to go from Shimla ).

Not aware on the specifics of what is available in these places, but decent options should be available .

What u need to do is to visit these places, shortlist, the area u like the best, so that, u can focus on specific projects/areas .
          Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

yeah as i said, i feel chail is the NEW SHIMLA, atleast delhi people are more and more moving upwards of chail. ( CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG) I will soon be visiting the place. BUt my knowledge in this regard is 0/0

I need to know that , buying a cottage of atleast 3BHK in an area like chail or around, wuld cost how much ??

Comment

Originally posted by mkhemka View Post
              yeah as i said, i feel chail is the NEW SHIMLA, atleast delhi people are more and more moving upwards of chail. ( CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG) I will soon be visiting the place. BUt my knowledge in this regard is 0/0

I need to know that , buying a cottage of atleast 3BHK in an area like chail or around, wuld cost how much ??

People have started asking for exorbitant prices in Hills . The Price could depend on the location, accessibility, the amount of the sun, water the cottage gets . It would also depend on - is it Drive in or not & on how far is it for the nearest town ? Also, the cost would depend on the grade of the Builder & the quality of construction & amenities offered . Like, if it a group of Cottages with common amenities, cost would be higher than stand alone one's .

Comment

yeah these are the basic requirements anyone would be looking for. BUYING a house on plains is much simpler. On hills, i believe, parking, water and construction cost are a major concern.

Manoj bhai isn't there a specific location/ Area where such cottages are available ?

Comment

I know of a Project near Chail , where Cottages r for sale, but they r beyond your budget . As far as i can remember the asking price was 1. 25 cr. For something within your budget, i need to inquire . Would find out what is available & where with approximate pricing .

Then yr. part begins ( i will not involved here in any capacity ) & u would need to do the all the spade work & the negotiations .

Comment

Do let me know of that project if possible, just for "what is available" sake.

and ofcourse i will not put trouble u much :P :P

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X