Indore, the financial capital of MP is very costly now. In past 2-3 years in terms of development only roads have been made. Rest all is on paper and in minds of people.
MoUs were signed just for the sake of rising the property prices. Government's sincere effort of attracting IT/ firms simply did not kick off and none of the companies showed any commitment.

Now govt is trying to lure agro bases businesses.

Well to cut long story short, nothing seems to me materializing the way it should (i mean the pace). Compare Indore with any other Tier 2 or Tier 3 city and you will know the difference.

In last 5 yrs Hinjewadi Village (Pune) has more number of people working in firms then Indore can ever imagine in next 50 yrs to come.

But all these talks of Development and MoU has definitely raised the price of plots from mere 400 Rs/Sq FT to 2000 Rs/FT for no reason but JUST THE HOT AIR

So where did all this money came from. Indians are good savers. They save a lot. FDs were not fetching any returns and many burnt their hands in recent stock market crash of 2008. On top of this govt now track each and every PAN number. Plots in Indore provide you the option to convert the white and black money to black. Most of the plots on Bypass road are all purchased by investors and they are in no hurry to built houses here.
So you can easily assume that it would take 20 yrs for the actual resident to migrate here.

Hell lot of townships and buildings are coming up and you have plenty of options available.

Your comments please.
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi..

do you have a list of projects/townships coming up in indore? along with rates?

am looking for a 1bhk/2bhk in indore..

Sahara city rates - looked absurd to me...
    DLF - it seems do not have 1/2 bhk in this phase.

hows omaxe/parsavnath/silver springs?
    CommentQuote
  • New Colonies Mostly outside indore

Infocity
    Sun city Vistara
    Silver Springs
    Treasure Fantasy
    Hare Rama Hare Krishna
    Tulisyana
    DLF
    Omaxe 1 and 2
    County Walk
    Empire Metro
    Goyal Avenue
    Indore Greens
    Satellite Enclave
    Mahalaxmi Nagar
    IDA 134
    Pawan Dham
    Kalindi Midtown
    Kalindi City
    Platinum Paradise
    Premium Paradise
    Pushpa Vihar
    Indus
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tipto
    Infocity
    Sun city Vistara
    Silver Springs
    Treasure Fantasy
    Hare Rama Hare Krishna
    Tulisyana
    DLF
    Omaxe 1 and 2
    County Walk
    Empire Metro
    Goyal Avenue
    Indore Greens
    Satellite Enclave
    Mahalaxmi Nagar
    IDA 134
    Pawan Dham
    Kalindi Midtown
    Kalindi City
    Platinum Paradise
    Premium Paradise
    Pushpa Vihar
    Indus

thanks tipto...
    i believe you are from indore?
    can you pls share your email id? - as i do not see many threads/user on the indore thread to answer queries..

i am unfamiliar with indore and need some basic info about it.

I am planning to invest in "silver Springs"..is it a right choicE?
    DLF - would have been my obvious choice, but seems they do not have 1/2 bhk apts.
    Also, how is the IT shaping up in indore?

Is indore worth investing in terms of 5-8 yrs investment?

Would appreciate your inputs and thoughts..

Thanks,
    Vishal
    CommentQuote
  • If you are buying considering that Indore will/can be hub for IT. I would say drop your idea. It can not. Period.

For a 5-8 year horizon, any damn city in India will give you the return if you invest in land.

Invest in Home/Flat only in cities where Land is not available like Mumbai, Gurgaon. No point in "INVESTING" in a home/flat in Indore
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Tipto

I am planning to invest in balaji heights at Mahalaxmi nagar. they are offering 1900 per sft. Plaese advise the builder reputation
    CommentQuote
  • MP govt agrees to allot 100 acres of land to TCS, Infosys

Published on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 Source : PTI
    The Madhya Pradesh Government has given clearance in principle to give 100 acres of land each to Information Technology giants - Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys Ltd.
    Official sources said here today that this decision was taken at a meeting yesterday of the State Cabinet chaired by the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
    They said that land to the two would be allotted in the super corridor of Indore at a rate of Rs. 20 lakh per acre. According to officials, the loss suffered by the Indore Development Authority (IDA) due to allotment of subsidised land would be compensated by the state government.
    They said that the land will be given to the two companies on the condition that they will provide jobs to 100 engineers per acre and will also give 50% jobs to domiciles of Madhya Pradesh.
    CommentQuote
  • TCS gets green signal for Indore SEZ

TCS gets green signal for Indore SEZ
    CommentQuote
  • Once SEZ work starts Real estate prices will pick up in Indore. Over all gr8 news for MP
    CommentQuote
  • Infosys to invest Rs 600 cr in Indore facility

Press Trust of India / Bhopal Jan 31, 2012, 21:19 IST
    IT major Infosys today signed an MoU with the Madhya Pradesh government for investing Rs 600 crore in its proposed unit in Indore, which will generate over 13,000 jobs.
    The MoU was signed by the Secretary IT, government of Madhya Pradesh, Hari Ranjan Rao and Infosys Vice-President, Chandraketu Jha in the presence of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Industries Minister,
    Kailash Vijaywargiya at the state mantralaya, official sources said.
    The MoU with Infosys would encourage more investment in the state, Chouhan said.
    The state government has decided to provide 130 acres to Infosys on a 33-year lease. The project will be completed within five years.
    The company is setting up the facility at the Super Corridor in Indore.
    Infosys to invest Rs 600 cr in Indore facility
    CommentQuote
  • i am looking to start my business in Indore as a builder. Willing to sell Builder floors at affordable price which will compete with the flats with high class interior design :)

My question, how many floors we can build on a single plot? and if we provide a builder floor with lift parking then people will willing to buy it or not?
    CommentQuote
  • Just saw articles on TCS inaugarating or starting setup procedures for their Indore base.
    How lucrative is Indore as a investment zone with a time span of 10 years.
    Specifically looking for Apartments as investment options and physically securing plots in any location where we are physically not present looks challenging. I saw a video of the super corridor on Youtube - very impressive plans with Trams inside the industrial zones.
    would love to hear from Indore-ians.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arulprakash
    Just saw articles on TCS inaugarating or starting setup procedures for their Indore base.
    How lucrative is Indore as a investment zone with a time span of 10 years.
    Specifically looking for Apartments as investment options and physically securing plots in any location where we are physically not present looks challenging. I saw a video of the super corridor on Youtube - very impressive plans with Trams inside the industrial zones.
    would love to hear from Indore-ians.

IMO, seeing current scenario in Indore real estate(no change in price from last 2 year), it is good time to invest in area close to Rau-Pithampur or near VijayNagar. Super corridor is still gray area, bcz it is highly based on the fate of IT company's( TCS& Infy).
    CommentQuote
  • Agreed. There are news of Air Asia making hub at Indore and Infy and TCS starting operations. But as of now there is nothing there. The IDA rate of land is Rs 300 psf but the builders are selling for 1600 psf. This is rubbish. Going by my experience in MP this rate is absurd. The price of the plots should not be more than Rs 1000 psf (MAX). Besides there are going to be plenty of IDA residential flats in the area. There is a residential scheme in the vicinity which is probably going to house numerous flats. So the conclusion is the prices are really inflated. It is worth buying it only if you get a good buying rate. Definitely not recommended to buy at these inflated rates.
    CommentQuote
  • any update on TCS / Infy? What is the best scheme near that area to invest in plot? I saw about 20 townships in that area so confused. need help!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PuneRM
    any update on TCS / Infy? What is the best scheme near that area to invest in plot? I saw about 20 townships in that area so confused. need help!

Go for LN city if you can negotiate it at 1300 psft and Greens proj for 1600, else wait and watch, by end of March you will definitely get good deal
    CommentQuote