The Haryana Housing Board plans to develop over 2.5 lakh housing units in various parts of the state in the next two years.

About 1 lakh units will be developed across the proposed 135-km global business corridor. These units are pitched at providing housing to the workforce that will be employed by companies on the corridor. The corridor will be developed on both sides of the under-construction Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) expressway. It is estimated that the corridor will attract an investment of over Rs 2 lakh crore, and generate more than 5 lakh direct jobs. "We have already got proposals to host expansion projects of some Japanese companies on the corridor. Some European firms have also shown interest," Haryana government advisor said.

It is expected that the workforce on the corridor will comprise a large number of professionals from other states, as well as many expats. The units across the KMP will help address the housing shortage generated by creation of fresh jobs. The board plans to keep the pricing of units within affordable limits. Affordability will be a key criteria. There will be all kind of developments covering economically weaker section (EWS), low income group (LIG), mid-income group (MIG) as well as high income groups (HIG). Gradually, the board plans to develop projects in all districts of the state. In the other districts, the key focus will be on small towns and big villages. This is aimed at stopping migration to larger cities.

For land acquisition for its projects, the board will depend on state government authorities in the larger cities. However, in case of villages, the board is approaching panchayats for land. If a panchayat allots land, houses in the project will preferentially be allotted to natives of that particular village. The first such project has been announced in the Makloda village of Panipat. The board is also giving finishing touches to a premium housing project in Panchkula.

Source: Economic Times
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello Rashmi
    Good Year to you. I am looking to get the simillar details like the one above for all other places. Where can i find. I am a realtor in canada, if you need any info on North Amercia please let me know i will do my best
    Thanks
    Srivatsan
    CommentQuote