Collapse

Status of KMP Expressway

Last updated: November 17 2018
1042 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Status of KMP Expressway

The 135 km KMP Expressway made 0.91% physical progress between June and November 2012. That is a progress of 0.2 km per month, or 6 meter per day, in most recent 6 months.

The expressway claims to have made 4.46% progress between July 2011 and July 2012, or about 6 km worth of progress in 1 year before that (16 meters per day).

Full article

The contractor claims the expressway is 70% complete. At the current 0.91% per 6 month rate of progress, it will take another 15 years to reach 100%.

I am surprised they are not working on 5 or more zones at the same time, like the way some of our major freeways (e.g. Alaska) were built.

Those responsible should cancel the contract. Re-award it to contractors with management competence, construction expertise and a successful track record of building expressways.

Comment

Originally posted by rajesh_vsworx View Post
      The 135 km KMP Expressway made 0.91% physical progress between June and November 2012. That is a progress of 0.2 km per month, or 6 meter per day, in most recent 6 months.

The expressway claims to have made 4.46% progress between July 2011 and July 2012, or about 6 km worth of progress in 1 year before that (16 meters per day).

Full article

The contractor claims the expressway is 70% complete. At the current 0.91% per 6 month rate of progress, it will take another 15 years to reach 100%.

I am surprised they are not working on 5 or more zones at the same time, like the way some of our major freeways (e.g. Alaska) were built.

Those responsible should cancel the contract. Re-award it to contractors with management competence, construction expertise and a successful track record of building expressways.
      Agree that the contract should be given to a reliable contractor. Previous contractor should be heavily penalized so that no one dares to play with emotions of common people. 70 % work finished in 4 years and next 30% taking forever.

If there is committment, this project can see light in next 1-2 years........

Comment

Sit-in by unpaid Haryana expressway sub-contractors

Sit-in by unpaid Haryana expressway sub-contractors
        Gurgaon: Sub-contractors, land owners and employees of the upcoming Kundli-Palwal-Manesar (KMP) Expressway in Haryana on Thursday staged a sit-in over unpaid dues near the main contractor's site office here on Delhi-Jaipur National Highway.

They were demanding early payment of dues by main contractor DSC Limited whose office is based at Mokalwas on National Highway 8, some 60 km from Delhi.

The sub-contractors on agitation included Dharma Construction's Dharamvir Yadav, Sunderji Construction's Sunder Singh, Shri Ram Crane Services's Satish Kumar and Atul Tractors' Hemraj.Dharma Construction's Dharamvir Yadav alleged that he had done earth work and his more than Rs 1 crore payment was pending with the company.

A cheque for Rs 15 lakh was issued on December 14, 2012, but its payment was stopped. A fresh cheque issued February 05 bounced when presented in bank, he alleged.

Sunil Nayak, spokesperson of DSC, told a news agency: "We will certainly make payments of all the sub-contractors, but a few days back they took our trucks with drivers and materials forcibly into their custody."

We have already made some payment, he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohini1 View Post
          Agree that the contract should be given to a reliable contractor. Previous contractor should be heavily penalized so that no one dares to play with emotions of common people. 70 % work finished in 4 years and next 30% taking forever.

If there is committment, this project can see light in next 1-2 years........
          Congrats Rohini bhai.
          It is highly surprising, now u r also talking about committment and timely completion.Is ur this demand applicable to all agency due to which there is delay in Kundli project or it is only for the KMP contractor?

Comment

70 percent work is completed on Palwal - Manesar stretch, not entire KMP.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ncr2012 View Post
              Congrats Rohini bhai.
              It is highly surprising, now u r also talking about committment and timely completion.Is ur this demand applicable to all agency due to which there is delay in Kundli project or it is only for the KMP contractor?
              I have always talked about committment and timely completion but in real estate world it is a norm to see delay in projects. This delay is just not confined to Kundli or to NCR but to all projects in India.

Talking about delay tell me one project in Delhi region where builder developed on time. Noida is still reeling from litigation issues, projects in Gurgaon are delayed by at least 3-5 years, DDA has still not resolved allotment of 1981 plot holders.

To bring national shame, commonwealth games were also delayed till last minute. Please raise voice in those issues as well and do not confine your anger towards Kundli region.

And the reason I am satisfied with progress in Kundli is that my plot has been offered the possession and has given me multifold returns in last 2 and a half returns. I am sure that TDI city is developing beautifully and will be a royal place to live in next 3-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie View Post
                70 percent work is completed on Palwal - Manesar stretch, not entire KMP.

Please read the article carefully that 85% work is completed on Palwal- MAnesar stretch and total 70% work has been completed on entire project.

Please support what you have written with evidence. I have multiple newspaper cutting to support my statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohini1 View Post
                  I have always talked about committment and timely completion but in real estate world it is a norm to see delay in projects. This delay is just not confined to Kundli or to NCR but to all projects in India.

Talking about delay tell me one project in Delhi region where builder developed on time. Noida is still reeling from litigation issues, projects in Gurgaon are delayed by at least 3-5 years, DDA has still not resolved allotment of 1981 plot holders.

To bring national shame, commonwealth games were also delayed till last minute. Please raise voice in those issues as well and do not confine your anger towards Kundli region.

And the reason I am satisfied with progress in Kundli is that my plot has been offered the possession and has given me multifold returns in last 2 and a half returns. I am sure that TDI city is developing beautifully and will be a royal place to live in next 3-5 years.
                  Agree with u sir but There is some difference between delay and justified delay.From private builder people expect more than Govt because Govt agency has to follow so many formalities to execute a work but a private builder need not. Any how R u confident about the time span 3-5 years ?
                  Last edited February 15 2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ncr2012 View Post
                    Agree with u sir but There is some difference between delay and justified delay.From private builder people expect more than Govt because Govt agency has to follow so many formalities to execute a work but a private builder need not. Any how R u confident about the time span 3-5 years ?
                    If I will say yes, would you believe that unlike all my other posts??

Comment

Originally posted by kaushal10 View Post
                      finally when will this mega project see light of the day
                      As per Haryana government expressway will start functioning by March, 2011.

KMP Expressway gets a new deadline - Times Of India

Haryana CM Hooda had done the survey of expressway by HELICOPTER and then this deadline was given. Still not much has happened on the ground.

Complete the work, it`s already late: Hooda on expressway

I don't think there can be any infrastructure development anywhere in India where Congress party governments are in power.
                      Last edited February 16 2013, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X