My perspective of Kundli as an end buyer for self use from Delhi

Last updated: June 1 2012
51 | Posts
8796 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My perspective of Kundli as an end buyer for self use from Delhi

I was reading through these forums since past couple of days, and was really enthusiastic about all this Kundli region.

Now below is my feedback as a prospective end user. I am sharing everything that came in my mind, and I think a lot, so bear my looooooong post .

I stay in Delhi, did not took more than 20 mins from bypass to reach Kundli, and I was driving slow. So connectivity is good atleast.

These areas are all on return road towards Delhi, so you reach TDI later and Ansals first.

Now about the actual stuff... The townships itself.

First I visited Parkers - They are ready to move, sample flat looks fine as well. Some people are staying there, the guard said. But I could not see any flat from outside that could hint anyone lives there. This looks like a Ghosted Society as of now. This is bang on highway, so I dont expect anything happening (residence friendly) that could really make it more livable. Delhiites are used to shops, and conveniences near residence itself.

I moved on.

Entered Ansals - Looks much better, gives a feel like good townships in Gurgaon. A bit developed in initial areas (few Villas already built, but nobody seems to be living there yet, except in 2-3 houses). Roads are good. Plots are clearly demarcated in initial areas atleast (I think I've visited atleast 50% of Ansals only). A professional sales office also exists near the entry. Nothing is in booking if you need a plot. Only flats are available. An average Delhiite would prefer a Plot or a Villa if moving away from Delhi, not a highrise flat. I could see some shopping / commercial complex here as well. So SOME conveniences/shops may come in future, but upclass, like DLF Galleria like complexes, since these will be over priced for small shops to open. At this point I was feeling hopeful, that this area looks livable in 3,4 years for sure.

I was more interested in TDI (don't know why, may be because I had read about better price in TDI than in Ansals) so I moved on from here as well.

Now comes TDI Mall - I saw an impressive inner view of this mall in these forums. But the mall does not looks impressive from outside. And just 2-3 floors. Does not seem to be something of "flagship standard".

I entered TDI City, roads are there, but clearly not upto the Ansals standard, which was still in my mind. Roads are not even divided. At Ansals, there is even clearly laid and well built service lanes in front of the Plots. Here we just have the main road, which is totally patchy.

Most of the plots are not even levelled. Some have veggies being grown.

Then on the left I see Kingsburry flats (several blocks, all looking almost similar), some blocks look 100% complete till paintwork. The club is in progress (not 100% plastered yet).

Then there are built up Floors (few blocks), almsot 100% complete till paintwork. Quality of material looks poor, the doors are too light, and tiles etc look inferior quality. But the layout of floors looked good, even from outside. They are right opposite high rises. From outside this community looks inferior because of relative structure size. They should have made these classy considering Delhiites prefer low rises.

Then I saw some Built up villas (sectore E I believe). Looks like 5 sample villas are developed, 1 family already staying there. 500 sq yards. Awesome layout. But out of reach - 3.25 crores minimum. I moved on further.

After that story is bad - roads construction status is not upto the mark(and street lights are not in all roads so far). Some plots from the "other side" of Kundli (I J K L blocks, which are on the other side of sector road) appeared to be a no no. Abhi bhi waha kheti ho rahi hai... Seems like farmers have not given possession yet. And a full Village is part of this area, which will remain as is for ever.

After Visiting around 50% of the township, it now looks like making this place livable is not something TDI can achieve. So in next 5 years I dont see much people starting to live here. Atleast I would not. This will remain ghosted for a longer time period. Since this is mostly plotted, people will have to make this livable on their own. But who will beging staying there is the question. So even if Blocks A till F become livable in next 5 years, I can assure further blocks will not be livable, they will then become investment zones. This is also until all the farmer land payment is made by TDI and TDI gets possession, to offer to end buyers.

I spoke to few brokers over there. People are just investing here. Not many people are buying for end use. Prices are currently down as per the broker. What was sold earlier for 45K per sq yard is now on offer for 37-38K all inclusive as per him (Block E) (blunt figures only - no negotiation so far, which I assume should bring both these figures down further). 'A' block is almost 60-65K as per him. Overpriced.

My personal opinion (which may be wrong) is TDI has huge landbank (60% in TDI City and rest 40% they have behind Ansals and adjacent to the 2nd half of TDI City, which they may launch later once prices appreciate), and they have already made money out of this in phase 1 and they are not bothered about making this livable as of now.

I went back to Ansals again and this time I met a dealer here, he quoted absurd prices ranging 32K minimum in far off and upto 65K in front locations. Too high and too close to 100% livable Gurgaon in terms of price! I liked this place but it is expensive already.

Looks like 95% are investers in Kundli so far and because of these investers, this area will take longer than expected to make it livable. Till then it is a Ghosted Town in development.

External commerical activities do show a positive side. The Anantraj SEZ is almost complete (glasswork visible). Dont know which companies are coming here though. Also work is ongoing at Rajiv Gandhi university. And several people from Delhi are setting up warehouse/cold storage etc in the belt between Kundli and Delhi.

Please have some random photos from TDI which I can post, if someone wants to see how it looks like. I forgot clicking while I was at Ansals.

------------------
    As I said I think alot, so please suggest me where I could be wrong in making assumptions wrt to what I wrote above.
    ------------------

Re : My perspective of Kundli as an end buyer for self use from Delhi

bhai apne sab dekh toh liya but apko. Wahan lena kya hai yeh nhi bataya kya khali dekhna hai and research krni ?

Comment

OK ye to mind me hi reh gaya...

I am looking for a Plot 200-250 sq yards... Also open to Villas, if good spacious layout and within budget (60L+ ideally, but can stretch till 70-80L if heart and mind give a go ahead in sync, which I doubt after todays visit). I even asked you abt the Jindal villas in another thread, may be that is better.

Originally posted by sauravsbban View Post
      bhai apne sab dekh toh liya but apko. Wahan lena kya hai yeh nhi bataya kya khali dekhna hai and research krni ?
      An average Delhiite would prefer a Plot or a Villa if moving away from Delhi, not a highrise flat
      <--- I am an average delhiite
      Last edited April 12 2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajitanand View Post
        OK ye to mind me hi reh gaya...

I am looking for a Plot 200-250 sq yards... Also open to Villas, if good spacious layout and within budget (60L+ ideally, but can stretch till 70-80L if heart and mind give a go ahead in sync, which I doubt after todays visit). I even asked you abt the Jindal villas in another thread, may be that is better.

<--- I am an average delhiite

There are RTM villas available in Greater noida in the same budget and size. check them out one.

Comment

An average would not want to go 60 km away and then live in those desserted communities .. Govt builtup houses are even bad in terms of occupancy crowd and security there .. And projects like jaypee villas an average delhitie can no afford a 5 cr villa that too for living in greater noida bhai

Comment

there is a fellow member whom i could suggest an option and i did. i've no intentions of selling or bad mouthing any areas or locality. i suggested him something and its totally upto him to do whatever with this piece of information.

Comment

Correct. Dont want to go 60 KM away. Thats why I was going through Kundli area.

Another observation I had today was - because of the industrial type stretch from Bypass till Kundli for a while one feels they have left Delhi far behind, even though it is just for 10 minutes. I dont get this feeling when I go to office everyday (Gurgaon). What could be the reason of this mindset that I have as an average delhiite? Do you think this (the disconnect) will change once more development happens?

Originally posted by sauravsbban View Post
              An average would not want to go 60 km away and then live in those desserted communities .. Govt builtup houses are even bad in terms of occupancy crowd and security there .. And projects like jaypee villas an average delhitie can no afford a 5 cr villa that too for living in greater noida bhai
              Also thanks Jai Singh - sometimes such suggestions do help people in making decisions, in case they are not aware of other options.
              Last edited April 12 2012, 03:22 PM. Reason: thanked the other user as well for their suggestion

Comment

simply one thing one should keep in mind that sonepat is good for those 60,-70,000 business person who have been alloted land in bawana , narela , bhorgarh , kundli , rai , barhi , sgtb nagar , azadpur , mukundpur and already work there or would have to shift there unit with in 2-3 years .. as sonepat is the closest yet cheapest option , as rates in rohini are not less that 4lacs persqyd ..
                2 or second type : top- medium level employees of a company working in gurgaon could buy here because it is well with in budget and at price of a 3 bhk in guragon one can get a villa here and with better infra than gurgaon and better appreciation scope ..
                also the place would be a smooth 45 min drive away from gurgaon once KMP becomes operational ..

3: 3rd type and and also the most important one people who wish to own a dream home in ncr could sell their delhi property get good amount of money buy a home in sonepat and invest the remaining money for a better lifestyle ..

4: 4th type who are not actually buyers but would play a very important role in real estate of this region that is the jobs created by education city according to the official data once fully operational this RGEC would give 75000 jobs .. the person with these kind of jobs are the ones who live on rent hence they would ensure that no place would be lying vacant and also the rental income would be good , students would live as PGs ..

.. monorail , KMP , proximity to delhi , good infrastructure and location already , education ciy , affordability .. makes this region one of the best among the NCR ..
                4 malls with multiplexes would be completely operational by 2,3 years ..
                so its just that one should have a view of 2,3 years and this region would uoutperform !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jai_Singh View Post
                  there is a fellow member whom i could suggest an option and i did. i've no intentions of selling or bad mouthing any areas or locality. i suggested him something and its totally upto him to do whatever with this piece of information.
                  and jai singh bhai nothing personal intended ..
                  i just shared my view and how an average delhitie would think !!

Comment

Originally posted by ajitanand View Post
                    Correct. Dont want to go 60 KM away. Thats why I was going through Kundli area.

Another observation I had today was - because of the industrial type stretch from Bypass till Kundli for a while one feels they have left Delhi far behind, even though it is just for 10 minutes. I dont get this feeling when I go to office everyday (Gurgaon). What could be the reason of this mindset that I have as an average delhiite? Do you think this (the disconnect) will change once more development happens?

Also thanks Jai Singh - sometimes such suggestions do help people in making decisions, in case they are not aware of other options.

You work in GGN. what route would u take from kundili to GGN, how much time would it take and what would be mode of commute

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X