This is my first time on this site, very helpful and the discussions are very informative.

I need help from experts on Unitech Mohali plots in sec 106. I had invested in these long time back at 12,500, almost all the money has been paid but have no clue if work is on or when they will give possession.

Can the experts of the area please advise the status and what one should do with this property. I believe Emaar in the adjacent sector is close to 20K.

Thanks,
Read more
148 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello members !

I would appreciate if someone could let me know the prevailing price and near-term prospects of Unitech Sector 97 plots. I have a 500 sq. yards plot with preferential location. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Pls hold on to your investment. I heard they have started excavation of Downtown Mall also. BigBazar and PVR are anchor customer with Mac-D also signed up.

No other builder barring DLF has experience of Unitech in the area. Some have started Malls without any inhabitation. Unitech is delivering floors and plots first, then malll. Strategy is right and mall will be successful. There is no PVR in Mohali.

So it is going to be great place. All you need is patience.
    CommentQuote
  • I visited site few weeks ago, you are right excavation of downtown mall has been started. I also have 500 sq yard plot there with plc. They mentioned that possession letter will start coming from dec onwards. Again who knows when possession letter will be sent. I also suggest keep it for long term. Once road connecting mohali will built, I believe this will give very good return. I have got few SMS to sell the plot with price north of 25k/yard
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Bhushan. How did you go to site? I heard PCA road is motor-able.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sh_bhushan
    I visited site few weeks ago, you are right excavation of downtown mall has been started. I also have 500 sq yard plot there with plc. They mentioned that possession letter will start coming from dec onwards. Again who knows when possession letter will be sent. I also suggest keep it for long term. Once road connecting mohali will built, I believe this will give very good return. I have got few SMS to sell the plot with price north of 25k/yard

Guys, I spoke to someone called Sabhyasachi, whose reference was given to me by Unitech HQ. He mentioned that now the allotment is likely around Q1 2013 !! It is incredible how this company keeps delaying the project :-(
    Mr. Bhushan, you mentioned you got an offer for >25K. Could you share the offer price and PM me the broker's number? I need to sell a plot with PLC and have been waiting in vain for Unitech to allot the same....
    Please also share the latest news on Sector-97. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Pls PM me. I will buy.

Just google Mohali prop. There is one add from Unitech which says "Hottest Sector with fastest Construction" It seems they got 600+ people working for Garden project. It is coming up very well.

Our Yahoo group is also in talks with them. They have given in writing that they will deliver around March.
    CommentQuote
  • Another news. Heard JLPL is coming with plots in sector 94 and 95 with 35000 psqyd. If JLPL can command 35000/- why do you think sector 97 will not command 40000. 97 is better located, more developed than 94, posession will be earlier than 94.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Chdire ! Thanks for your encouraging posts. I do not mind if the plots command a price of INR 35,000/sq. yd in the next 6 months. I have waited long enough and another 6 months will not make a great difference. What is the prevailing market price of plots with a PLC? Thanks again for your responses and updates.
    CommentQuote
  • Visited the area yesterday. It is a mixed feeling. On a positive side

a) ISB and IISER have come up very well. On the main road. Looks like you are in US with least traffic, ample space, fresh air. Simply Awesome

b) Wave estate started. IreO coming up well. Preet City: some internal road work in progress. Emaar Views work is in progress.

c) Banur Landran road is widened and traffic has increased.

c1) Approach roads 80-81, 79-80, 78-79 are there in patches. Good part is you can manage to reach Banur Landran road using one of these roads or sector internal roads.

d) Unitech Garden coming up fast. One tower outer structure almost completed. Second tower and club house are in work in progress.

e) Downtown excavation is going on

f) Some more executive floors houses are built. Water tank is being built.

Negative Side

a) Around 3-4 stays are there for 80-81, 79-80 approach roads. Will take around 2 years

b) No work on horrizontal roads. No work on 78-79 road.

c) Seewage pipeline is not yet connected to GMADA line

d) Electricity still an issue.

Net net, we have come a long way from 2007. But still a long way to go. It is in same situation what 79/80 was there 5 years back.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi chdire ! Thanks for the update. Did you inquire from on-site brokers, the price of 500 sq. yards plot and at what price last few transactions have taken place? Best wishes.
    CommentQuote
  • I didn't. But got a call today from a broker at 30-32 for City Park facing plot.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all.
    I visited unitech mohali plots 2 months back n here is my 2 bit update:
    - work on plots is as slow as it gets and company has missed many possession dates. It's at least one year away from possession irrespective f what they say and mind it no wrk on park, stp etc
    - good pace of work in their apartment projet but not selling at all as there is no development around it . Unitech trying to sell by offering subvention scheme
    - there r hardly any deals happening as no buyers. But if if u r a I vector n have Waite 4-5 yrs pls wait for another 2-3 yrs coz:
    Unitech will ofer possession by then n some guy will startvcntruction like u see in emaar
    Road from mohali old sector will come till unitech n that will drive premium.
    Mohali real estate will ick up coz of dev work around airport
    GOMAA will sell it city plots around 22-24k and with small premium a,so they will sell around 30k .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chdire
    I didn't. But got a call today from a broker at 30-32 for City Park facing plot.

I was offered a city park facing around 28000 per sq yd of size 358 sq yd, but I refused.
    CommentQuote
  • Jirohit, are you referring to plots in sector 97 or 106?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BelieveinRE
    Jirohit, are you referring to plots in sector 97 or 106?

Sector 97
    CommentQuote