This is my first time on this site, very helpful and the discussions are very informative.

I need help from experts on Unitech Mohali plots in sec 106. I had invested in these long time back at 12,500, almost all the money has been paid but have no clue if work is on or when they will give possession.

Can the experts of the area please advise the status and what one should do with this property. I believe Emaar in the adjacent sector is close to 20K.

Thanks,
Read more
148 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear MSingh ji

a) Thanks for appreciating our views on IT parks. Believe us we are not here to disappoint you. It is just reality.

b) Good to note that you are talking real integerated townships now. Pls visit me for integerated township experience. It is 100 acre project. With Mall, offices(CapGemini, HUL etc, are there) in front area and residential at back. DIfferent enteries for resendial and different for commercial. Both guarded. Best mall of Bangalore. School and hospitals are not there. Believe me, society vs integerated twonship there is no comparison at all. One has to live there to experience it. WIth CHD, that has been a problem. Now PUDA will offer with Purab Aptmts. JLPL is also there apart from Unitech & Ireo.

c) Take 38 if you don't want to take 38 west. Are 38 and 35 at same rate? Moreover another important factor we are forgetting: Density. Why northern sectors are expensive. Becuase density is not there. As we move south, density increases and we get flats. Unitech does not have smaller plots. If arocity is at premium so is Unitech. Net rate is higher fro Unitech.

d) Forget broker, I am seller at 18K premium. Want to buy? If you don't want my plot, I can get you from others. I can't publish other's on public site. Pls... Let's respect other's privacy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chdire
    Dear MSingh ji

a) Thanks for appreciating our views on IT parks. Believe us we are not here to disappoint you. It is just reality.

b) Good to note that you are talking real integerated townships now. Pls visit me for integerated township experience. It is 100 acre project. With Mall, offices(CapGemini, HUL etc, are there) in front area and residential at back. DIfferent enteries for resendial and different for commercial. Both guarded. Best mall of Bangalore. School and hospitals are not there. Believe me, society vs integerated twonship there is no comparison at all. One has to live there to experience it. WIth CHD, that has been a problem. Now PUDA will offer with Purab Aptmts. JLPL is also there apart from Unitech & Ireo.

c) Take 38 if you don't want to take 38 west. Are 38 and 35 at same rate? Moreover another important factor we are forgetting: Density. Why northern sectors are expensive. Becuase density is not there. As we move south, density increases and we get flats. Unitech does not have smaller plots. If arocity is at premium so is Unitech. Net rate is higher fro Unitech.

d) Forget broker, I am seller at 18K premium. Want to buy? If you don't want my plot, I can get you from others. I can't publish other's on public site. Pls... Let's respect other's privacy.

Dear Chdireji,

Regarding point (c)

Have a look at Magic bricks, Emmar-Sector 105 300 sq yard plot with possession is up for 73Lac possession, my mate spent 15 minutes on phone for 2 days, guy is ready for 69L (23K , All EDC etc including). Sector 105 is currently better placed than Unitech cos of near future road connectivity (104/105) and better general progress and project, they are giving possession in May for their flats. Still plots available in resale at 23K. ( Sold for 12k base price, 5-6 years ago). How Unitech in the current market could be any better than that? Saying so as I do not understand your point of Unitech is better than aerocity on net prices.

Regarding point (d), I'm looking forward to buy 200 sq yard with 18k premium. If you have got it or some one else have got it, please send a personal message to me.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Msinghji,

a) Again a humble request: Pls compare "seib to seib". If you are in touch with Mohali, you know the problem with Emmar very well. I am not going to say anything negative about any body. Ask anyone local to go and visit the site. You will come to know.

b) We started with 500 sq yard price rate. I have been consistent in saying 500 sqyard at 14000 psyard is the market rate for Aerocity. I am sorry I don't have 200 sqyard.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Chdireji,

a) Well if I would have compared Unitech to Ansal or TDI then you should have "humbly" complained about "seib" to "seib", but Unitech is Emmar's neighbour and when it comes to a plot with full possession, there is no reason to question history of land acquisitions which Emmar had in the past. At least this guy has got the plot possession, currently (on in few months) better connected with Mohali, their mall is almost ready. So currently they are better placed than our Unitech mates who have only been given dates but no possession.

If you are asking about market rumour, there has been strong rumour, due to their debt restructuring Unitech may exit project, which has been combated by Unitech local officials that this is our FDI project so nothing to worry. So dear negative rumours are there on the road for both.
    Our NCR guys who believe in Unitech "Superbrand", seems to be struggling and is not carrying any weight in the region, but as you said one delivery in region will make them a reliable name, let's wait for that day. I believe in system thinking, all entities have to align in one positive direction for the entire system to be efficient and functional, so my positive wish goes out to Unitech and all other similar projects in the area, for the betterment of the entire Mohali region.

b) Thanks for the offer, sorry my budget is currently for 200 yards only and I'm hunting for a 18k premium deal on 200 sq yards (means 30k /yard), but as most of the plots are with financiers and Aerocity has got demand and better respect in market than private builders , they are not negotiating below their asking price. Will try for some more time, otherwise I will not let this opportunity go away for 3-4 Lacs.

This is for sharing my recent experience, if it benefits any one reviewing in this forum:

If anyone is interested in sub Rs 2600 rates (resale) for Unitech Gardens (Block A and B), negotiate with those property dealers who are selling those flats on mag@C br@cks , stick to your demand for 2575-2600 rates ( latter for park facing) in block A and B, they will start with Rs 2750-2800. Negotiation will not last 24 hours if you are ready for the quick deal. Unitech is currently asking for Rs 3195. If you struggle, please PM me, I can share the dealers details I recently got in touch with.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
    Dear Msinghji,

a) Again a humble request: Pls compare "seib to seib". If you are in touch with Mohali, you know the problem with Emmar very well. I am not going to say anything negative about any body. Ask anyone local to go and visit the site. You will come to know.

b) We started with 500 sq yard price rate. I have been consistent in saying 500 sqyard at 14000 psyard is the market rate for Aerocity. I am sorry I don't have 200 sqyard.

I think you shall discount whether current premium is 14k or 18k. Key here is whether aerocity prices will move up or not? I think in that context both of I will agree that in next 2-3 yrs, aerocity prices will move up from current levels because of following:
    1. L&t wld have completed development n gmada wld have given possession.
    2. Aerocity will be connected to chd, mohali , panchkula by a 200. Ft road, while new sector of greater mohali, only couple of roads r coming up.
    3. L&t has got development contract of intl airport b by 2014 it will be completed.
    4. Current chd prices are150-200k, mohali 70k-100k per sq yd. even assuming rates to be stagnant over next 2-3 yrs, once aerocity possession is given n few people stats building housing , you can expect rates to move to at least 50% of mohali prices I.e. 35k- 50k per sq yd. I think ats a base price case scenario for aerocity and similar trend will be seen in JLPL falcon view apartments as all above factors apply to these aprts also.
    5. Pls also note that u can take basic inflation etc. will govt looking to sell plots around 20,000 persq yd and assuming atlteast 3 yrs for development n possession, any developed area will attract premium on this price so, atlteast around 30-35k for developed area.
    All other factors like IT city coming, IT companies coming or not coming will only increase or decrease the pace of prices moving up.
    CommentQuote
    Dear MSingh ji

Are you in Blore Whitefield Area :-)
    Lets catch up sometime... I dont know how can i send you personal message.. if you know then do connect...
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RohitJI

I have high regards for you. Always unbiased views and somehow I find myself agreeing yo to your views. If you had noted, I said in my very first mail that aerocity will be at 60-70K after 3 years. That is the reason of myself holding it.

Cheers,
    Chdire
    CommentQuote
  • Sure buddy, dear Gardenman.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gardenman
    Lets catch up sometime... I dont know how can i send you personal message.. if you know then do connect...

Sorry I'm not based in India.
    Well if you click on my user name it gives you an option of sending Personal Message, but strange enough I do not get it when I click on your username, but I do get it when I click on other usernames , including mine. Bit strange though.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gardenman

Dear Gardenman,

Sorry I misread your message, I initially did not gather that it was not meant for me.
    Sincere apologies.
    CommentQuote
  • Unitech (mr chandra) in mess again? Stock price tmbled by almost 20%.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear MSinghji,

You know everything and still you are saying this. Your mate got the possession. Did he get the road to his house? Does he know area next to his house is still acquired or not. That is one big problem with Emaar. Whole land is not yet acquired.

Moreover, why are we forgetting Pearl which is selling at 30K.

Unitech Debt Restructuring: In 2007 they were really in trouble. Do you know who were potential buyers: Tata/Reliance. Somehow they pulled it off. Got support from PEs like Blackstone etc. Things started turning around stock was up 70% YTD. (Except today's fall). That is visible in their projects also. Garden tower A structure is completed in less than a year.

Thanks for wishes. Same goes to Aerocity and whole region. Sarbhat dah phalla.

Again request you to compare "seib" to seib. We are talking plots not flats. I don't have much rate data about Gardens. My friend, Gardenman, will be knowing more. I can do this R&D for forum over weekend and update you.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Roman,

Oh yes. Things will be normal tomorrow. How many Lack you made today? :)
    CommentQuote
    Dear RohitJI

I have high regards for you. Always unbiased views and somehow I find myself agreeing yo to your views. If you had noted, I said in my very first mail that aerocity will be at 60-70K after 3 years. That is the reason of myself holding it.

Cheers,
    Chdire

did u get in initial allotment at 12k. it will help the forum members if u can indicate from time to time what offers u get from dealers.
    for example i can tell someone sold 500 sq yd plot at 18k sq yd premium with in first 3 month after draw.
    my sense is as more deals happen and as price start movig up, u shall hear from more n more dealers. if deals are not happening n prices r stagnant, no of calls will go down
    CommentQuote
    Dear MSinghji,

You know everything and still you are saying this. Your mate got the possession. Did he get the road to his house? Does he know area next to his house is still acquired or not. That is one big problem with Emaar. Whole land is not yet acquired.

Moreover, why are we forgetting Pearl which is selling at 30K.

Unitech Debt Restructuring: In 2007 they were really in trouble. Do you know who were potential buyers: Tata/Reliance. Somehow they pulled it off. Got support from PEs like Blackstone etc. Things started turning around stock was up 70% YTD. (Except today's fall). That is visible in their projects also. Garden tower A structure is completed in less than a year.

Thanks for wishes. Same goes to Aerocity and whole region. Sarbhat dah phalla.

Again request you to compare "seib" to seib. We are talking plots not flats. I don't have much rate data about Gardens. My friend, Gardenman, will be knowing more. I can do this R&D for forum over weekend and update you.

Dear CHDIrji,

a) Please read my message again, it was not my mate's plot but my mate was in negotiation with the Emmar plot guy who has got possession-able plot with road to his plot, yes road to his plot. Yes you may be right, some areas may not have complete possession yet, but Emmar claims Sector 105 is fully acquired , though I do not subscribe to any such view unless proved in writing and proofs. Well in that regard Unitech does have complete land on their name what have they done for possession in last 5 years is written in blood in previous posts of this forum. All are alike there (chor chor musere bhai), they have to do deliver something on ground to prove it, which I believe all are hoping for in middle and late 2013.

What to comment for Emmar asking for 30k in fresh, Waves is asking 47k in fresh, one can be rewarded if you can do a resale in 35k there. Builder may ask for moon, but who is buying. That is the irony of the whole area. The message I quoted for Unitech flats elaborates the same point i.e. 20-30% difference between fresh and resale, which is generally not more than 10%-15% in case of good projects as in case of Falcon view.

b) Also regarding message for Unitech flats, it was not aimed at your reply but for general group as I labelled it as "This is for sharing my recent experience, if it benefits any one reviewing in this forum:". So please excuse me, if it implied as a response to you.

Thanks,
    CommentQuote