This is my first time on this site, very helpful and the discussions are very informative.

I need help from experts on Unitech Mohali plots in sec 106. I had invested in these long time back at 12,500, almost all the money has been paid but have no clue if work is on or when they will give possession.

Can the experts of the area please advise the status and what one should do with this property. I believe Emaar in the adjacent sector is close to 20K.

Thanks,
Read more
148 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by definite
    Exit for mohali RE.. Liquidity crunch coming in mohali, mullanpur, zirakpur...
    ALERT
    Invest in Kundli (Sonipat) 2 km from delhi... High cash liquid market
    plot price in kundli is 25000 rs only and 2 km from delhi..

Definiteji,

Invested in Kundli in 2006 at 10000. Thanks for your suggestion. What made you feel liquidity crunch coming to Mohali.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunnyboy78
    I dont agree to this. Tricity area including mohali is much better than Kundli. I have few friends who invested in kundli few years back and they are trying to exit the market (due to no appreciation) but are unable to do so. Couple of years back, area was being marketted with name of "New New Delhi" due to its proximity to Delhi. But, it has fallen flat on its face. There is very less demand in this area. So, noway kundli is better than mohali.

Bro. your friends are wrong.
    Kundli see a rise of 500% in 4 years.
    Mohali just 80%
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chdire
    Definiteji,

Invested in Kundli in 2006 at 10000. Thanks for your suggestion. What made you feel liquidity crunch coming to Mohali.

Hi.
    your 10,000 must be 50,000 :bab (59):
    I also have a plot in sonipat bought in 2007. price zoomed by 500% ...
    Now will sell and invest in BADDI (HP)
    CommentQuote
    Bro. your friends are wrong.
    Kundli see a rise of 500% in 4 years.
    Mohali just 80%

I won't say that Kundli increased 500% percent in last 4 years but would say that it did increase 3-4 times in last 4 years. Plots which were alloted at 4500/ sq yard in 2004-05 are now selling at 40-45k in TDI KUndli or Ansals, Kundli.

This is how TDI city Kundli is shaping up........

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/more-cities-states/kundli-manesar-palwal-real-estate/50821-tdi-city-kundli-latest-vews-images?t=52457
    CommentQuote
    Exit for mohali RE.. Liquidity crunch coming in mohali, mullanpur, zirakpur...
    ALERT
    Invest in Kundli (Sonipat) 2 km from delhi... High cash liquid market
    plot price in kundli is 25000 rs only and 2 km from delhi..

KUndli rates start at 25k and range is upto 60k depending on location. Pitampura in Delhi which is 25 minutes drive from Kundli has price rate of 4-5 lac/ sq yard. Kundli is coming out beautifully and has a good scope for appreciation with 20 fold difference with colonies just 25 minutes away.......
    CommentQuote
  • Well new launches in Kundli in High rises are around 3200 PSqft. Can't really justify these rates but comparing to rates being quoted for new launches in GGN new sectors(upwards of Rs 8500) seems quite reasonable. So not very sure potential of Kundli area. There is not really any decent commercial area nearby resulting in end user requirements.
    CommentQuote
  • Kundli will always remain a spill over area for Delhi. No doubt about. But returns are not that great. Definiteji is saying 500%. But in reallity, it is just 200-250% in 7 years. So it is almost same as FD. And there are reasons for low return. I will not mention it here as this blog is more on Mohali. I don't want to clutter this.

Coming back to Mohali,

a) Sector 78-80, JLPL 91 has given more than 500 % return in the same time period.

b) Tricity Potential: Pls look at recent India today Best Cities Survey. Tricity is at no 2. And you know the reason! It is the Investments. So I don't see any liquidity crunch for Tricity area.

c) People may say that all these surveys are fudged. For a moment even if I accept this, there are vested interests to take Tricity at newer highs. These people might be big shots who have power to fudge surveys. Just Imagine! if they fudge surevey, they can do lot other things to keep the Tricityt rolling. So no liquidity cruch, please.
    CommentQuote

b) Tricity Potential: Pls look at recent India today Best Cities Survey. Tricity is at no 2. And you know the reason! It is the Investments. So I don't see any liquidity crunch for Tricity area.

Hi Chdire ! I enjoy reading your posts and your defence of Unitech Mohali plots ! I am myself invested in these plots in sector 97. What do you expect the prices to be, by the end of 2013? I know you will have to hazard a guess, but I request an honest assessment keeping out the bias. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear BelieveinRE

Thanks for nice words. I just try to rationalise things when I hear different views.

Prices of plots is a million dollar question. If you get posession and any one of road comes, it will be between 45-50. In the absence of same, it will languish at 30- 35 (assuming real estate market does not recove, 10% inflation and normal GMADA pace of working)
    CommentQuote
    Kundli will always remain a spill over area for Delhi. No doubt about. But returns are not that great. Definiteji is saying 500%. But in reallity, it is just 200-250% in 7 years. So it is almost same as FD. And there are reasons for low return. I will not mention it here as this blog is more on Mohali. I don't want to clutter this.

Coming back to Mohali,

a) Sector 78-80, JLPL 91 has given more than 500 % return in the same time period.

c) People may say that all these surveys are fudged. For a moment even if I accept this, there are vested interests to take Tricity at newer highs. These people might be big shots who have power to fudge surveys. Just Imagine! if they fudge surevey, they can do lot other things to keep the Tricityt rolling. So no liquidity cruch, please.

Wow, if Kundli is a spill over of Delhi, then Panchkula, Mohali are spillovers of Chandigarh. Same is the case of Gurgaon where prices are still higher than any posh area of Chandigarh.

In Last 2 years, prices have more than doubled to tripled in Kundli. Not sure which FD gives that return in India. Please update me of such update. I will sell all my properties and invest in such FD.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Mam,

Pls start a new thread under Kundli. Will reply to all your queries.

-thks
    CHDIRE
    CommentQuote
  • If you don't mind me asking....where is Kundli? Is it NCR or Delhi? Posts indicate it is 20 mins from Pitampura. Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rohini1
    Wow, if Kundli is a spill over of Delhi, then Panchkula, Mohali are spillovers of Chandigarh. Same is the case of Gurgaon where prices are still higher than any posh area of Chandigarh.

In Last 2 years, prices have more than doubled to tripled in Kundli. Not sure which FD gives that return in India. Please update me of such update. I will sell all my properties and invest in such FD.

the prices in chandigarh are comparable with that of gurgaon
    you compare horses with horses compare golf course road with secctors near lake or 17 they are comparable.
    the recent inflated prelaunches are insane and need to test the time of resale to prove themselves.
    with the new delhi masterplan 2021 massive expansion will happening towards west of delhi which will stagnate gurgaon.
    chandigarh is the 2nd best city and 1st for investment in recent india today

bottom line this is unitech mohali thread and kundli is a coulpe of hundred miles away so no point discussing it here
    CommentQuote
  • Can experts here throw some light on the prospects on TDI Phase 2 (Sector 110) ( virtually opposite to Unitech Sector 97, other side of Landran Road)?

On current date Why Unitech/Emaar should command 27k / sq yard whereas one can find plots in TDI Phase2 from 15k-18k, and you can start construction tomorrow. 5-7 Kothis already developing and 50 families living in their floors.

Please note I'm not raising question on the Brand name here, but for the benefits Unitech may provide in (2-3 years down the line), is the premium worth comparing to the neighborhood where end user has got road to his house and can construct tomorrow?
    CommentQuote
  • You forgot Ireo..it is above 30K. I don't know about TDI but these private builders are expected to have an organized infra and good quality.
    CommentQuote