Small Towns of North India - Best for Investment

Last updated: August 3 2014
69 | Posts
24527 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Towns of North India - Best for Investment

I am looking beyond GGN for investment purpose .

I am looking at small towns of North India, for investment, the only qualification of a small town here being, that land should be available between 3-8/10 K psy & should be capable of fetching a decent ROI with a horizon of 3-5 years .

Guys please give yr. inputs & enlighten everybody . Most of us ( including me ) r ignorant on potentials of small towns/cities .
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Re : Small Towns of North India - Best for Investment

Some Agri land in Greater Faridabad near Sahabad, Tigaon, Wazirabad etc Village.

The triggers there
    - Price is lowest
    - An University is there - Lingaya University
    - Fastest Growing area
    - Within 4 Kms from proposed FNG expressway
    - Political Stability
    - Proximity to Delhi and Noida
    - Mostly hassle free deals
    - May develop in another set of unautorised colonies Like Sangam Vihar in South or Milan Vihar North once the just 1600 acres of sector 78-89 gets filled up (mostly done)

Cons
    - May take time upto 4 plus years or more
    - If the FNG expressway does not happen the prices may stagnate

Risk reward 1:5

Rohit

Comment

Thanks, Rohit . Could u tell us something on the land prices ? Anything available, near to the targeted range ?

Have not seen much of Faridabad, except BPTP's massive township, the Highway & Ballabgarh ( since a close friend lives there ).

Comment

Govt rate is fixed at 50 something lakhs per acre for acquisition plus something for non litigation incentive so expect a double of that for the road touch land chunks and some discounts in land chunks which do not have direct road touch.

Expect something extra for smaller land piece and some discount on bigger one so in a nutshell aound 70-80 lakhs per acre for a good piece of land.

Arre bhai aur kuch nahi to onion he uga lenge for 4 years

Rohit

Comment

Onions could be a better source for income ( with the current pricing ), the way RE may be headed in the near future .

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
            Onions could be a better source for income ( with the current pricing ), the way RE may be headed in the near future .
            Yeps but the cycle rotates every year . last year it was aaloo this year its onion, next year it would be ?

Thats on the lighter side actually I wanted to convey that those chunk of land in Greater Faridabad are well irrigated productive piece of land so with huge township close by it will give some yield as well no matter how small (read tiny) may be.

Rohit

PS if you are a braveheart then look at Bihar, The Capital city Patna has huge opportunities available but this is only for bravehearts because there is a risk of becoming "foundation stone" which bears all the brunt and loads.

Comment

I am no brave heart, especially with my investments, like to play it real safe & maybe sometimes take very calculated risks . I know Patna could be an opportunity, but i am looking to invest in a nearby town, where i can monitor things ( u know, how things r in real small unregulated towns, really Bihar could give hell, that way )

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
                I am no brave heart, especially with my investments, like to play it real safe & maybe sometimes take very calculated risks . I know Patna could be an opportunity, but i am looking to invest in a nearby town, where i can monitor things ( u know, how things r in real small unregulated towns, really Bihar could give hell, that way )
                Then Greater Faridabad is the place to look at.
                Hisar, rohtak, bhiwadi, panipat, manesar, rewari, sonepat all have the avg price of 20 k psq yd - The risk reward is not in favor of Value investing in these towns simply do not exists at these price.

Rohit

Comment

Bhiwadi has many plots priced less than 10 K . Saw a plot in October, last year ( 7 K ) . Not sure, about the others, but Rohtak, Hisar should also have something below 10 K .

Comment

What do you guys think about Farukhnagar? It's close to Gurgaon. The railway line is now broad gauge and connects it to Gurgaon. The land prices are not expensive yet. There are a lot of operational colleges in the city.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X