I have not seen any discussion about Moradabad in the forum.

I have invested in New Moradabad (MDA plot ) in 2008 , but i dont think there is any appreciation till date , although five star hotel, Appartments are coming there but still I don't see any appreication in the plot price . When I got the allotment there were talks that the price will double in 2-3 years time frame..bla..bla...

What does fellow members think about this ? Should I quit or hold it ? I know if I hold then I have to hold it for long...

Please advice...
Read more
39 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Then only reason why there has been very little or no development in New Moradabad because of the following reason
    The New moradabad is located in the area which is called "Line Par" by locals. This area is connected to main city via small bridge over the main railway line, so people living on the other side see it as bottleneck.
    MDA tried hard to develop this area by contructing new sectors but still failed to attract people because of above reason.
    Generally any city sees developement on the road which connects to Delhi but in case of Moradabad, it was not the case.
    Initially people started moving towards the road which connects to Bijnaur. (Mr. Chaddha's wave city is also on this road along with few other projects)
    This road is now almost saturated and the area left behind is too far from the city.
    So slowly people have started looking at the other options and new Moradabad seems to be the best choice they have right now.
    There is another road being contructed which will connect the New Moradabad to Bijnaur which will reduce the traffic load on the main road.
    Most importantly Mr. Vadhera's hotel is at this location so you can imagine the appreciation that this location is going to get. :-)
    CommentQuote
  • So, what do you say - is this the good time to invest in New Moradabad ?
    But as you said in your above post that you heard MDA is launching plot scheme at 5500 ? if this is correct then i doubt price ll increase in near future . I am hearing from long time that MDA will increase the rate to 7000 , but nothing has happened so far.

Originally Posted by realtor
    Then only reason why there has been very little or no development in New Moradabad because of the following reason
    The New moradabad is located in the area which is called "Line Par" by locals. This area is connected to main city via small bridge over the main railway line, so people living on the other side see it as bottleneck.
    MDA tried hard to develop this area by contructing new sectors but still failed to attract people because of above reason.
    Generally any city sees developement on the road which connects to Delhi but in case of Moradabad, it was not the case.
    Initially people started moving towards the road which connects to Bijnaur. (Mr. Chaddha's wave city is also on this road along with few other projects)
    This road is now almost saturated and the area left behind is too far from the city.
    So slowly people have started looking at the other options and new Moradabad seems to be the best choice they have right now.
    There is another road being contructed which will connect the New Moradabad to Bijnaur which will reduce the traffic load on the main road.
    Most importantly Mr. Vadhera's hotel is at this location so you can imagine the appreciation that this location is going to get. :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Then only reason why there has been very little or no development in New Moradabad because of the following reason
    CommentQuote
  • Guys , how are things going in this area. Did anybody visited the area recently ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sanjaykhanna
    Guys , how are things going in this area. Did anybody visited the area recently ?

Hi Sanjay,

I was in India from 15th Jan to 14th Feb. I sold my Noida apartment & have now bought one top floor 3 bedroom apartment in Parsvnath 3 story low rise. Apartment almost ready & we should get possession by end of april or early May.

This is confirmed that Parsvnath Pratibha has been fully booked by Moradabad's top exporters, Army people & service professional who are residing in NCR, Banglore, Mumbai, Pune or even outside India. I was surprised to see the work pace & quality.

Similarly supertech palmgreen has been full of tenants, occupied by medical professionals & students in TMU, IFTM universities in that area. Please Note TMU is one of the top brand university spread in more then 100 acres, most recently visited by India's former president APJ Abdul Kalam, Current CM Akhilesh Yadav etc. http://www.tmu.ac.in/

Regarding entire new MDA region, I am now much more confident & assure about price appreciation. Property prices in Greater Noida or Noida didnt go up in a day or two, this has been a consistent long journey over last 10 years.

As soon as people will start living & possessions are handed over to apartment owners, demand for shops, market will grow up gradually & once the shops, market start a whole chain of people who are currently waiting to start construction will start building houses in the region.

Importers/Exporters are building expo house very close to Holiday Regency where they can organize exhibitions etc.

Keeping the recent developments in mind, I dont see any single reason why property rates wont go up. Fingers crossed!!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Deepak for your detailed reply . Congrats on your new purchase . I hope this area ll start giving rewards sooner . I am returning back to India in March for good and ll be joining office in Noida . I am planning to visit Moradabad sometime in early April, I will update the forum after my visit.

Originally Posted by deepak82_mca
    Hi Sanjay,

I was in India from 15th Jan to 14th Feb. I sold my Noida apartment & have now bought one top floor 3 bedroom apartment in Parsvnath 3 story low rise. Apartment almost ready & we should get possession by end of april or early May.

This is confirmed that Parsvnath Pratibha has been fully booked by Moradabad's top exporters, Army people & service professional who are residing in NCR, Banglore, Mumbai, Pune or even outside India. I was surprised to see the work pace & quality.

Similarly supertech palmgreen has been full of tenants, occupied by medical professionals & students in TMU, IFTM universities in that area. Please Note TMU is one of the top brand university spread in more then 100 acres, most recently visited by India's former president APJ Abdul Kalam, Current CM Akhilesh Yadav etc. India's top and best private university, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Uttar Pradesh

Regarding entire new MDA region, I am now much more confident & assure about price appreciation. Property prices in Greater Noida or Noida didnt go up in a day or two, this has been a consistent long journey over last 10 years.

As soon as people will start living & possessions are handed over to apartment owners, demand for shops, market will grow up gradually & once the shops, market start a whole chain of people who are currently waiting to start construction will start building houses in the region.

Importers/Exporters are building expo house very close to Holiday Regency where they can organize exhibitions etc.

Keeping the recent developments in mind, I dont see any single reason why property rates wont go up. Fingers crossed!!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Sanjay, Wish you all the best for new journey in Noida.
    Attached are few "Moradabad Master Plan" which was passed yesterday. Not sure how long will it take to implement but something good to read :)

Will wait for updates & your POV regarding property prices appreciation in MDA.

Regards,
    Deepak.

Originally Posted by Sanjaykhanna
    Thanks Deepak for your detailed reply . Congrats on your new purchase . I hope this area ll start giving rewards sooner . I am returning back to India in March for good and ll be joining office in Noida . I am planning to visit Moradabad sometime in early April, I will update the forum after my visit.
    CommentQuote
  • @Sanjaykhanna, @deepak82_mca , @rohitxpert
    Guys,
    What are the rates in New Moradabad? Do you know any broker or someone who can help to find property? Thanks!
    CommentQuote
  • Moradabad included in smart city list .Can we expect anything positive ?

Centre releases list of smart cities; maximum in Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh
    CommentQuote