I am looking to invest 20 to 25 L in a plot ( i don't require to take a loan ) in a small City, with a good growth potential, preferably in North India . Since, i am looking at it with a long term view ( 8 years & plus ), i am looking at prices, sub 10 K .

Please suggest me the suitable, viable investments, keeping the above in mind .
Read more
82 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I am looking to invest 20 to 25 L in a plot ( i don't require to take a loan ) in a small City, with a good growth potential, preferably in North India . Since, i am looking at it with a long term view ( 8 years & plus ), i am looking at prices, sub 10 K .

You can get in this budget in any huda sector plot except GGN and FBD..
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj - i trust your judgment on real estate. I will also like to invest similar budget in plot.

I have checked before eldeco panipat since city is beautiful and people have started to move in. But kind of not courageous enough to move outside of gurgaon.

Also, more than courageous, i am now addicted high speed growth of gurgaon price which may not last long.

But i m following this thread.
    CommentQuote
  • I am in Delhi currently & would be going back to Shimla shortly . Would try to check Eldeco, Panipat on the way ( if, i get the time ) .

If i do visit it, would give feedback here .
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj Bhai,

There is hardly any area in North India that you don't know about, but still I am telling you what I see can be a good potential.

1. Look at Rewari, I am sure you would be able to get plots less than 10K/sqyds. HUDA plots would be higher though.

2. Difficult to get plots at this price range in Panipat or Sonepat, but look at some new HUDA sectors in Karnal as those might be good and also Ambala.

Good thing about HUDA sectors is that you just need to negotiate rates and rest is well taken care of.

3. Also, new areas outside Mohali like Zirakpur could be good but I doubt if prices are as low as 10K/sqyds.

4. Mathura is the only the few ones in UP that I would recommend to you, but paper check needs to be very strict and thorough as you never know what you get.

5. Same goes for NH -58 property after Ghaziabad and towards Hapur.

5. Last but not the least - Bhiwadi as it is close to Gurgaon and 7-8 years is enough time for it to develop nicely.

6. Another town in Rajasthan would be Kota but it would be difficult to make a deal when it is so far. Although, town has seen good progress being the main center of IIT-coaching.
    CommentQuote
  • Pls check up the Meerut By pass, the area is very promising and looking at the connectivity that this area is going to get in coming 3-4 yrs, its a gold mine.
    Sushant City by ansals is already a fully developed area, also many builders rae coming up in that area.
    CommentQuote
  • Can you provide any info on the rates too?

Originally Posted by hemkumargarg
    Pls check up the Meerut By pass, the area is very promising and looking at the connectivity that this area is going to get in coming 3-4 yrs, its a gold mine.
    Sushant City by ansals is already a fully developed area, also many builders rae coming up in that area.
    CommentQuote
  • My comments in red -

Originally Posted by djvjain
    Manoj Bhai,

There is hardly any area in North India that you don't know about, but still I am telling you what I see can be a good potential.

1. Look at Rewari, I am sure you would be able to get plots less than 10K/sqyds. HUDA plots would be higher though.

Need to study Rewari . Can u let me know the options available, both HUDA & private players with approximate rates ?

2. Difficult to get plots at this price range in Panipat or Sonepat, but look at some new HUDA sectors in Karnal as those might be good and also Ambala.

I know, with sub 10 K pricing, they look to out . I would prefer HUDA Sectors in Karnal & Ambala . Do u have any details, as to which Sectors should i look at ?

Good thing about HUDA sectors is that you just need to negotiate rates and rest is well taken care of.

3. Also, new areas outside Mohali like Zirakpur could be good but I doubt if prices are as low as 10K/sqyds.

Mohali looks to be an good option, but have not seen much growth in areas adjacent to Mohali for so many years ( could be wrong here, correct me, if i am wrong ) . Zirakapur looks to be an decent target . again, not sure, where to began from .

4. Mathura is the only the few ones in UP that I would recommend to you, but paper check needs to be very strict and thorough as you never know what you get.

I have a friend who is stuck up in Mathura . He bought 2 plots of about 1000 sq. yards each, about 5 years back . return has been quite poor .

5. Same goes for NH -58 property after Ghaziabad and towards Hapur.

Ghaziabad looks to be decent . Any idea on options available in my price range ? Hapur - hmm, could be interesting ( no idea ) . I need to do a lot of ground work here .

5. Last but not the least - Bhiwadi as it is close to Gurgaon and 7-8 years is enough time for it to develop nicely.

I know, u r a master on Bhiwadi RE . I have had a bad experience with M Tech in Bhiwadi . Suggest me some decent options .

6. Another town in Rajasthan would be Kota but it would be difficult to make a deal when it is so far. Although, town has seen good progress being the main center of IIT-coaching.

My daughter studied in Kota for 2 years ( Bansal Classes ), so have been there very often . Kota has had real poor IIT results this year ( last year also was not great ) & number of new students joining these training institutes have gone down drastically . All the growth in Kota was fumed by these training centers . With Kota losing ( almost ) it's extra prime source of income & subseqently, new students coming in, Kota could get a real set back .
    CommentQuote
  • Any suggestions ????????

Originally Posted by MANOJa

CommentQuote
    Any suggestions ????????

Hi Manoj Ji,
    Though you are a veteran in NCR real estate, here is my 2 cents on small towns investment:

1) Sonepat/ Panipat/ Karnal/ Ambala: Very less chances of getting any huda plot below 20 K range. I belong to this region

2) There is a small town called Aboher in Punjab. It is very prosperous town. PUDA has recently allocated around 200 plots (from 300 to 500 sqyrd) in heart of the town. The allotment rate was 6500 and resale till last week was available in 7500-8000. Private colonies its vicinity sell at around 9500. It has good potential to give you Rs 10000-11000 in about 1.5-2 years. I know this much as I was looking to buy one but am already looking for something in GGN, so no money.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks userHJ, for yr. comments . Really, not any clue on Abohar RE . I would be visiting Patiala in 3-4 days . I am told, Abohar is about 5 hours drive from Patiala . Might visit, if i get time ( but personally, i feel, Abohar is too much in one corner of Punjab - Bathinda, being the nearest major town { correct me, if i am wrong here } ) .
    CommentQuote
  • Abohar though a good place is towards the end of Punjab close to LOC. Not sure how much of an appreciation may be expected there.
    Kundli and Karnal may be good options.

Kundli is an upcoming town close to Delhi on NH1. Development has been slow but may pick up speed hopefully in the next few years. BJP had started development towards NH1 when they were at Centre. Congress hasn't been as aggressive in the area but now NH1 re-construction has been completed and its well connected to Delhi.

Karnal on the other hand is considered to be the place to live a calm and peaceful life in Haryana. HUDA had launched plots in Karnal about 4-5 months ago for which the results are due by September. Once alloted, initially the resale may be below 10K psqy.

Rohtak(not too far from Delhi) could be another area of interest. Don't have much knowledge about the place but its hometown of Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda and heard that he has really developed that place in the last 6 years.

Last place i'd say is Bahadurgarh. Again not much familiar with the place but is an upcoming town close to Delhi connected via Rohtak Road (NH-10).
    CommentQuote
  • Any more suggestions/comments ?
    CommentQuote
    Any more suggestions/comments ?

How about Dehradun? Any comments ?
    CommentQuote
  • What is the on going rates of plots at decent locations ? What kind of appreciation is expected ?

Btw, i had a plot there in partnership with somebody here & later had to sell it off .
    CommentQuote
    What is the on going rates of plots at decent locations ? What kind of appreciation is expected ?

Btw, i had a plot there in partnership with somebody here & later had to sell it off .

I recently visited and found out around the area in Jakhan (Rajpur Road). The price is around 18-20k, and the area is very promising. (Climate, tourism, away from city traffic but not far from the city).

Another option may be Sahastradhara Road, price around 10-12k. IT park development and some group housing developments too. The area still is not too prime, and growth suspicious, especially on the dead end road (Sahastradhara).

Any investment at a right place on Rajpur Road will definitely pay in long run. Needs some time to search and find the right place.
    CommentQuote