I am looking to invest 20 to 25 L in a plot ( i don't require to take a loan ) in a small City, with a good growth potential, preferably in North India . Since, i am looking at it with a long term view ( 8 years & plus ), i am looking at prices, sub 10 K .

Please suggest me the suitable, viable investments, keeping the above in mind .
Read more
82 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Manjo Bhai,

Sorry, somehow missed your response and hence couldn't reply back on time.

Looking at what everyone discussed on this thread for plots, it looks like sticking close to NCR with a decent project or buying anything of HUDA away from NCR would be a safer bet. These two would be the easiest to off-load if you want to in any circumstances. Now, as far as close to NCR is concern then there is literally no other area where land prices are close to Rs 10K/Sq.yd. Even, they are steadily creeping up in Bhiwadi too. I know you had a bad experience with Mtech, but giving a fresh look to Omaxe or Piyush plots is worth. I am not sure if any of the townships got the registry done on the plots yet, but they would certainly go up after that. I don't know of any other projects in Bhiwadi that offer plots. As you know, there are some in Dharuhera but they are close to Rs 20K/sqyd and out of the price range you are interested in.

IREo Ludhiana could be another one if you want to buy plot of size 150 sq.yds, but supply of plots is huge in this township so you might end up holding it for a longer time.

Hapur area is good too, but I doubt if you would get land in 10K/sq.yd on anywhere close to NH24 and yes, you have to look around with a trusted source in that area.

Zirakpur seems interesting, but I am not sure about the prices so my best guess would be to start scanning with the plots of private developers. PUDA also releases some plots like HUDA, but they have stronger restrictions of home domicile and I also don't trust them as much as latter.

I agree with your comments about Kota though - Bansal, Career Point opened centers everywhere around Rajasthan and hence not many students are traveling to Kota as they use to.

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    My comments in red -
    CommentQuote
  • djvjain Bhai, r u aware of any Private Builder plots in Hapur ? Like, what projects r going on there ? Any information ?

I did somewhat study Zirakapur ( apartments only ), but didn't follow it up ( didn't find it interesting enough ) . Which of the Builders r offering plots there ?

I was looking at Ireo, Ludhiana at one time, but finally decided not to book here .

Let me know details of what u have on Piyush or any other decent plots in Bhiwadi ( keep my target price of 10 K, extendable by 10-15 % in mind ) . I am a bit awry of Omaxe .
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj ji,
    whats the option in shimla? i will be coming there for a vacation shortly and also chk if any options are avl.
    CommentQuote
  • MM Bhai, decent locations r at about 4500+ . The best one's r 5500+ .

Private Builder apartments & HIMUDA one's ( on resale ) r easily available .

In Hills, pricing is for three things -

a ) Is yr. apartment a drive in ?

b ) Do u have a great view ?

c ) Do u get good sun ( especially, in winters ) ?

If u want all of the above, prices r in the range of 4500-5000 psft for Private builder apartments in Shimla . Shimla belt is huge & if u could be a bit more specific, i would be able to answer better .

Some people add an fourth option to the above pricing factor -

d ) Closeness to the Mall Road or on the Mall road .

Good apartments, just next to the Mall Road r going at 5500/6000+ . Just for some Food for thought, an 1500 sq. feet apartment, just next to my house ( which is 20 minutes walking distance from the Mall ) got sold off at 81 L, 8-10 days back . Sp, pricing is ever fluctuating & keeps on going up, since land is pretty limityed here .

Plots in New Shimla r pretty expensive . For a decently ( decently means - u compromise on some of the above 4 points ) located 200 sq. yard plot, u should be prepared to shell out about 2.0 cr ( proper Shimla . I have been looking for a plot for myself, but have not been able to find a decent one at a pricing less than about 1.94 cr.). Outskirts would be comparatively cheaper, but there is nothing dirt cheap available .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I am being suggested DLF Indore . I don't have the exact pricing yet, but i am told that a 200 sq. yard plot is under 20 L .

Anybody has any idea on this ?

I spoke to a known who is from Indore and stays in Delhi now. DLF plots were abt 11000 rs psqyd if I am not wrong. As per him, other better locations are available at much cheaper rates.
    Indore is being developed at future IT hub in MP, IIM is also there and its second prosperous town/city in MP after Bhopal.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, i got a similar quote from a Broker . There is some inaugural discount ( by DLF ) & some Broker discounts on that price .

Here is an excerpt of the quote, i got -

After the Grand Success of DLF Gardencity, New Indore Phase-I, DLF, India"s largest Real Estate Company is launching DLF Gardencity, Phase-II. This landmark project is based on the Agra-Bombay Bypass Road, which is one of Indore’s fastest growing residential and commercial area. DLF Gardencity is spread over 200 acres and offers the residents an opportunity to live in the midst of natural green and serene environment.

Location advantages:
    Direction from main city North East
    Distance from Airport 23.0 Km
    Distance from Railway Station 16.5 Km
    Distance from Bus Stand 17.0 Km
    Distance from main city (Vijay Nagar) 13.5 Km

Note : The distances mentioned are approx.

Plots on Offer:
    Plots of sizes 1264 sq. ft. to 4000 sq. ft.
    Basic Price: Rs. 1100/- per sq. ft.
    Initial Discounted Basic Price: Rs. 999/- per sq. ft.*
    Amenities in DLF Gardencity:
    Exclusive Club with all amenities
    Convenience Shopping Center
    Beautifully Landscaped Gardens
    33 KV Electric sub-station with Backup Generators
    Sewage Treatment Plant and Rain Water Harvesting
    School and Healthcare Centre
    Fully secured Township

----------------------------------

R u aware of the better & cheaper locations in Indore, the person known to u, was talking about ?
    CommentQuote
  • The only I thing that I am aware of around Hapur is Hapur -pilakhuwa development authority. Other than that, all the other plots are owned by private investors around NH-24, but there are deals if you know someone local for smooth transaction.

I also think the same about IREO as they are having really hard time in selling these plots.

Price rates of Piyush city, Bhiwadi is close to Rs 10K/sqyd and I like the size of plots which are minimum 225sq.yds or more as compared to Omaxe plots that are 100sq.yds or higher. Possession for both is close, but I heard that Omaxe would be the one giving it first. I don't know of any other builder/township offering plots in Bhiwadi. There are lots of flats/floors, but not plots.

djvjain Bhai, r u aware of any Private Builder plots in Hapur ? Like, what projects r going on there ? Any information ?

I did somewhat study Zirakapur ( apartments only ), but didn't follow it up ( didn't find it interesting enough ) . Which of the Builders r offering plots there ?

I was looking at Ireo, Ludhiana at one time, but finally decided not to book here .

Let me know details of what u have on Piyush or any other decent plots in Bhiwadi ( keep my target price of 10 K, extendable by 10-15 % in mind ) . I am a bit awry of Omaxe .
    CommentQuote
  • So, Piyush, Bhiwadi, as per u is within my price range & also a decent investment . Any idea, when Piyush offered these plots & what was the initial rate ?
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj sir - did you get a chance to visit eldeco panipat?
    CommentQuote
  • djvjain,

are you talking abt ireo ludhiana plots .. As per my info they sold off very well especially 150 and 200 sq yard plots.. any pointers to your assumption..

Originally Posted by djvjain

I also think the same about IREO as they are having really hard time in selling these plots.

CommentQuote
  • I know a few people who have invested in NH24 Ghaziabad. Jaipuria/Wave/and a few other developers present in the area. Prices I am told were launched at ~7000/sq yards in 2009 and currently have a 50-60% (Rs. 3000-4000/sq yard) premium.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by iMohak
    I know a few people who have invested in NH24 Ghaziabad. Jaipuria/Wave/and a few other developers present in the area. Prices I am told were launched at ~7000/sq yards in 2009 and currently have a 50-60% (Rs. 3000-4000/sq yard) premium.

As per my knowledge at this time minimum price for any approved plots of NH-24 Jaipuria/Wave/Aditya has been appreciated to 16K+ PSY. As per you if any of your knowing person is really selling his approved plot in 10K PSY in this area then please PM me his number, I may have some buyers at this price.
    CommentQuote
  • No, couldn't make it at that time .

Need to go to Delhi in the 3rd week of this month . Would try visiting it then .

Originally Posted by nc_gupta
    Manoj sir - did you get a chance to visit eldeco panipat?
    CommentQuote
  • Suggestions/comments seem to have dried up . Looks, like, i have real limited options to choose from :bab (38):.
    CommentQuote
  • I am having a look at Piyush, Bhiwadi for Plots . As per, what i have been made to understand, Block A & B r the best here . Plot rates r about 8000 to 8400 psy, depending on the location ( about 50 % payment would be colored money ). Plots sizes, which i am considering r 225 & 400 sq. yards .

I am also looking at Omaxe Plots in Bhiwadi ( though, i am a bit wary of Omaxe ) . Rates r approximately 12000 psy . Plot sizes r 170 sq. yards upwards .

I have to yet see the location of both these plots/projects .

Above information is based on a preliminary talk with a few brokers .

Could somebody comment on the above ? on the location ? future prospects ?
    CommentQuote