I am looking to invest 20 to 25 L in a plot ( i don't require to take a loan ) in a small City, with a good growth potential, preferably in North India . Since, i am looking at it with a long term view ( 8 years & plus ), i am looking at prices, sub 10 K .

Please suggest me the suitable, viable investments, keeping the above in mind .
Read more
82 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by userHJ
    Hi Manoj,

If you have 7-8 years horizon and looking for GN, you can consider UPSIDC site C residential plots. These are UPSIDC allotted plots available at dirt cheap (13-15K psy)

Good location: bang on 130 mts road connecting noida and GN.

why its cheap: UPSIDC have not taken care of the site and has not pressurized owners to build houses. Hence it has not developed. Now some owners are fighting to restore bad roads, lights and water system. The area is definite to appreciate a lot once the civic amenities are taken care of.

can somebody put more light on this?
    sounds interesting
    CommentQuote
  • Though, i have my ancestral house in Agra ( Agra Cantonment, to be exact ), i am not much aware on Agra RE .

Could u guys provide some details here ?

Originally Posted by ankur.jain83
    Found one or rather 2 ansal projects in Agra.... check this thread.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/more-cities-states/more-indian-cities/16031-residential-plot-with-buyback-scheme-in-ansal-sushant-taj-city?t=18264

Not sure how is the location and 4 KM inside the highway would be too much I guess.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • 2 points -

1. One has to submit detailed plan for the project etc. to get these plots

2. Selling these plots require a similar buyer that is one who is interested in setting up industry.

This may turn out to be tricky.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    My comments in red -
    6. Another town in Rajasthan would be Kota but it would be difficult to make a deal when it is so far. Although, town has seen good progress being the main center of IIT-coaching.

My daughter studied in Kota for 2 years ( Bansal Classes ), so have been there very often . Kota has had real poor IIT results this year ( last year also was not great ) & number of new students joining these training institutes have gone down drastically . All the growth in Kota was fumed by these training centers . With Kota losing ( almost ) it's extra prime source of income & subseqently, new students coming in, Kota could get a real set back .

Sorry for quoting such an old post, but since this is the only post on the whole forum having more than a line on Kota.

I was in Kota during 2007-08 for coaching days and my mother tried getting a humble house here for 20 Lacs near Talwandi Circle, for those who know, in those days. She saw the investment potential in Kota at that time, which I failed to. But since we weren't very well off at that time, couldn't manage funds to buy the house.

9 years forward, and I am back in this town, with a job in the same coaching field. Kota has change and how. The area we thought of to be the outskirts of Kota are now the Centre of the Coaching Industry. People keeping students as tenants or running hostels here are buying anything from Audi Q3s to Q7s. RE prices are at all time high and way more even when compared to Jaipur and Chandigarh (2nd preference to buy home).

Now, I was never a fan of buying a home but Tax deductions and monthly rent has jolted some sense into me and I am thinking seriously of getting a home loan this year. But, I have developed a preference for buying a Plot and getting home constructed instead of getting an apartment or Villa ( which is not available either). But due to soaring RE prices, buying a plot in reasonable locality seems distant dream (65-70 lacs quoted for skeleton/weirdly constructed portions). Shall I go for an apartment then? People here have been saying that resale market for an apartment is poor here. If in case I happen to leave Kota in future, I may rent it out, but selling it out may get painful?

I wanted a plot as an investment purpose as well, to make portions to let-out to students, if possible. If all this seems a little risky or not worthy, then should I invest in Mohali instead? I may easily get a plot in Ansal Sector 116.

My loan eligibility is anywhere between 40-45 lacs, and since I dont have any/lot of black money with me, plot purchase may get even more tedious here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by xkcd0137

Sorry for quoting such an old post, but since this is the only post on the whole forum having more than a line on Kota.

I was in Kota during 2007-08 for coaching days and my mother tried getting a humble house here for 20 Lacs near Talwandi Circle, for those who know, in those days. She saw the investment potential in Kota at that time, which I failed to. But since we weren't very well off at that time, couldn't manage funds to buy the house.

9 years forward, and I am back in this town, with a job in the same coaching field. Kota has change and how. The area we thought of to be the outskirts of Kota are now the Centre of the Coaching Industry. People keeping students as tenants or running hostels here are buying anything from Audi Q3s to Q7s. RE prices are at all time high and way more even when compared to Jaipur and Chandigarh (2nd preference to buy home).

Now, I was never a fan of buying a home but Tax deductions and monthly rent has jolted some sense into me and I am thinking seriously of getting a home loan this year. But, I have developed a preference for buying a Plot and getting home constructed instead of getting an apartment or Villa ( which is not available either). But due to soaring RE prices, buying a plot in reasonable locality seems distant dream (65-70 lacs quoted for skeleton/weirdly constructed portions). Shall I go for an apartment then? People here have been saying that resale market for an apartment is poor here. If in case I happen to leave Kota in future, I may rent it out, but selling it out may get painful?

I wanted a plot as an investment purpose as well, to make portions to let-out to students, if possible. If all this seems a little risky or not worthy, then should I invest in Mohali instead? I may easily get a plot in Ansal Sector 116.

My loan eligibility is anywhere between 40-45 lacs, and since I dont have any/lot of black money with me, plot purchase may get even more tedious here.

Not have been to Kota for about 7 + years now, so not aware on the Ground situation, but i understand that Kota's IIT's business ( & accompanying RE perks ) have been on a decline as many other Towns/Coaching Centers have been giving hard competition to Kota . Also the Kota heat bothers me a lot, so i don't find it a place suitable for settling down .

Mohali seems better, but have not seen this Ansal's Plot Project in Sector 116, so really cannot comment .

CommentQuote