Learning a lesson from the fact that Gurgaon’s proximity to south Delhi and international airport were the two main reasons behind the city’s growth, the Haryana government is all set to create three more similar cities in Delhi’s vicinity.

These would be within the range of 60 km from Delhi with the closest one being the Jahangirpuri-Badli. "If you ask me what is the reason behind Gurgaon’s development in comparison to Faridabad, I will say it is the city’s proximity to south Delhi. To repeat the success, we plan to create three cities in close proximity to the capital," said Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda. The chief minister said the three new cities would follow the private-public partnership (PPP) model as it was in the case of Gurgaon.

"We can’t deny the fact that private players had played an important role in the emergence of Gurgaon and hence we will follow that model. We want to create the towns just on the lines of Gurgaon," said CM. It is worth mentioning that in the emergence of Gurgaon as a major town in north India, some private developers have played significant role.

The three planned cities are Samalkha on GT Road, Sampla on Delhi-Rohtak Road and Jahangirpuri-Badli near Kundli.

The development plan for Sampla and Jahangirpuri-Badli would be out in next three months. There would be a public notification and once the plan is out then only the developers would show interest. The plan for the third city would be follow soon. Sources said while the notified area for development would be nearly 10,000 acres in case of Jahangirpuri-Badli, the other two cities would be developed on a notified area of 5,000 acres each.

Samalkha: A municipality in Panipat about 55 km from Delhi. The town is known for its iron industry
Jahangirpur-Badli: Located about 25 km from Delhi
Sampla: 60 km from Delhi

News Source: Times of India
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear Sir

What is your opinion about Samalkha? This city is right on the national highway and is catering to the industry of Delhi since long. I understand there are lot of foundries in Samalkha.

Do you see any chances of property rise in this city? Are big developers investing in this city?
    CommentQuote